Dunfermline v Queens

11 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Seen there was no Andy Ryan for yous today?Injured?Doesnt seem to get a decent run in the team at Dunfermline

Aye injured. He started against Morton a couple of weeks ago and scored. Got one in the cup against Queens Park just before that as well. But aye, doesn't seem to get a chance too often. Usually McManus or Smith will start with Clark, and if not one of them will replace the other, leaving little chance for Ryan. Seems to have done well when he's played though.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TeeMan said:

Good performance from us but Dunfermline were pretty horrible. 

Dobbie  :wub: 

He was outstanding today, worthwhile going along to just to see him play when he is in that form. The big mystery is why Dobbie and Kane had never clicked before, they look the ideal partnership on paper. The energy of Kane, Stirling and Dykes with Dobbie pulling the strings was superb. That was the first time I've seen Kerr play, both the centre-halfs looked good but he is a real stand-out.

It also looked like a clear red card when Kane was through in the second half.

Yep, terrible decision by Collum. Red card all day.

Aye injured. He started against Morton a couple of weeks ago and scored. Got one in the cup against Queens Park just before that as well. But aye, doesn't seem to get a chance too often. Usually McManus or Smith will start with Clark, and if not one of them will replace the other, leaving little chance for Ryan. Seems to have done well when he's played though.

Wonder if we’ll get him back on loan if the consortium gets in,we miss him [emoji31]

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

Three goals coming from shocking defending by Williamson (including giving away the pen). He has regressed so badly from the start of the season.

Dobbie is genuinely a joy to watch. Glides into space without even trying. Unselfish as well as some of the balls he put in were top top class and should have been tap ins. What a fantastic example to young players in your squad to learn from and nice to see a player have an affinity with a proper (non Old Firm) football club. 

Williamson shown up today but he's not comfortable getting exposed like that against someone as good as dobbie. He just isn't a natural defender but offers so much going forward and has improved this season. There was always a gut feeling that he was going to get reemed at some point like he did today though.

The entire defence and team defence was a joke today though. The worst performance at east end since Jefferies. A farce. 

Johnston and Clark left Queens at the first opportunity to go to Killie, I personally wish they'd given Queens a season in the higher Division, but such is life. No hard feelings from me, I'd welcome Johnston back in the future, but only if there's a vacancy at Palmerston.  I think Naysmith's doing OK!

Well I enjoyed that, seems strange coming just a couple of weeks after our feeble performance against Livi. This is the Championship, you never really know what is going to happen.  Dunfermline were poor yesterday, but in flashes you could see on another day (and there will be other days) it could be different.

Dobbie has struggled a bit recently, by his standards, but I felt it was only a matter of time before it all clicked again, Dunfermline were the unlucky opponents. I have to say  when Dobbie is ‘on fire’ , he looks like he’s wandered on to the field by accident,  he is just so classy.

For the first goal, he left Wedderburn for dead with a quick ‘shimmy’, and then played an exquisite ball to Stirling.

Bizarrely, despite the final result there were nervous moments out there. Martin saved well when it was still 0-0. The first 15 in the second half  was Dunfermline’s, until we re-asserted ourselves. 

When the third went in, I was surprised so many Pars fans left. We’ve squandered 2 goal leads in injury time, let alone when there were 20 minutes left!

onwards!

Too much of this “get rid of the manager” nonsense. We’re on a bad run of form, and needed a wake up call which was delivered in spectacular style yesterday.

Lots of players lacking confidence (why?) and individual mistakes all over the park. Zero fluidity, lack of movement, wrong options regularly chosen, lack of awareness, unable to make a pass - never mind string any together. Anyway, enough of this - lost a football game, cliche bingo.

Not entirely Allan’s fault to be fair.

Me? Now this is controversial but hear me out - I blame the fans as much as the players, management or club. Where was the singing yesterday? The vocal support was lacking even before we went 0-1 down. You could hear anxiety from the crowd if a player didn’t release the ball within 10 milliseconds of receiving it.

For me the fact that many failed to stand up during the short pre kick off applause, for the three fans who died recently says it all. Totally disrespectful. Ashamed for you all.

14 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Too much of this “get rid of the manager” nonsense. We’re on a bad run of form, and needed a wake up call which was delivered in spectacular style yesterday.

Lots of players lacking confidence (why?) and individual mistakes all over the park. Zero fluidity, lack of movement, wrong options regularly chosen, lack of awareness, unable to make a pass - never mind string any together. Anyway, enough of this - lost a football game, cliche bingo.

Not entirely Allan’s fault to be fair.

Me? Now this is controversial but hear me out - I blame the fans as much as the players, management or club. Where was the singing yesterday? The vocal support was lacking even before we went 0-1 down. You could hear anxiety from the crowd if a player didn’t release the ball within 10 milliseconds of receiving it.

For me the fact that many failed to stand up during the short pre kick off applause, for the three fans who died recently says it all. Totally disrespectful. Ashamed for you all.

It's called apathy and East End stinks of it thanks to the current regime. Stale, boring, lifeless performances for months won't encourage fans to be buzzing for games. Many people have become disillusioned and bored and it won't be long before, as seen at 3-1 and at half time against United, people start voting with their feet unless the board grow a set and act now (they won't though and our best chance at promotion will be out the window).

13 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

To be fair I couldnt understand a word that was said on the tannoy. Its not clear at all an I was in the Main Stand. I thought I heard him say something about three deaths and was expecting either a minute silence or applause on the pitch but the game just started. Not sure how well publicised it was in advance but if people were depending on the pre match PA to know about it I'm not surprised people didnt stand up.

Good highlights. We should have won by more. The defending on our third is particularly laughable. For those saying Dykes was disappointing, he certainly made a couple of errors in the build up to Dunfermline's 1st but he also had a big hand in our 2nd, 4th and 5th goals and put in an excellent shift for me. Some good tracking back and defending from him.

If anyone needs any clue to the tactics and effort deployed by Dunfermline yesterday just look at fans favourite 'Super' Joe Cardle at the first goal. Our left winger gives the ball away on the right wing as AJ wants him to play a free role and drift around, then doesn't enter the video frame at any point in the highlights as he isn't bursting his pan in to get back once his awful pass is intercepted. The goal eventually comes from the overlap on his side and was excellently taken but that lack of effort to get back is a worrying indication from the players for me. He couldn't get a game last season and has been woeful for months but he still played the full 90 even with two other wingers on the bench. You are out your depth Johnston do the right thing.

Archived