Dunfermline v Queens

As always another hard game.We are really struggling to score goals Dobbie is our only goal threat he seems to  think that as well as he is always trying to do it all himself .

Dunfermline get goals from all over the team sadly our lack of goals will cost us as Dunfermline will  score .

Would be amazed if we won this mark Dobbie tight and we won't score 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyle is a goal threat as well - did you miss his superb strike against Montrose and his clincher at home to Falkirk  ?

If the Manager would just be brave and start those 2 up front every game with Stirling out wide then I think we would see an immediate increase in our scoring rate.

We need to get more crosses into the box instead of trying to bulldoze through the middle all the time.

At the start of last season those 2 were terrorising  defences and scoring freely, they are a great partnership when given proper service.

At that time Anderson was providing most of the ammunition, playing like a traditional Outside Right getting to the bye-line and crossing into the box.

We struggled when he got injured and his presence was missed which may have co-incided with our slump.

Another effective player binned by Naysmith.

Sadly, this Manager does not seem to believe in wingers attacking full-backs and we are continually subjected to long punts  and 2nd balls !

At a time when the SLO's are doing their best to drum up enthusiasm and additional support this Manager seems to be going in the opposite direction and turning people off with his preferred style of football.

Ultimately, it is what happens on the pitch that directly affects attendance  figures.

I think it's time the Board had a word and if he doesn't like it he knows what to do.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

0 3, Fordyce hat trick and Murdoch sent off for smashing Morris in the face for literally falling asleep

No surprise to Pars fans Fordyce is out with injury again done his hamstring out for at least a month.The Dunfermline defence will have to fall to sleep for us to score .Dunfermline have a very good squad not expecting anything from the game

No surprise to Pars fans Fordyce is out with injury again done his hamstring out for at least a month.The Dunfermline defence will have to fall to sleep for us to score .Dunfermline have a very good squad not expecting anything from the game

Outwith his major injury I don't think Fordyce was actually then injured very often.

Tough away games at St Mirren and Livingston to come before the end of the year, so Saturday's game and the one on the 23rd against Brechin are must win IMO. We're in really poor form and, despite what AJ claims, we really weren't very good at all at United. 

Aird deserves a start after his impressive cameo from the bench. Wasn't as enamoured with Martin in midfield as everyone else but it's not like anyone else in knocking it out the park in the middle just now. Fully expect Clark to come back into the starting XI if fit.

Likely another shite, cold 1-1 draw.

Suspect this thread will be full of fans downplaying their own team’s chances as neither team seems to be ‘on form’ just now. That said, we have only actually lost one of the last dozen (?), so maybe another draw looms. I keep thinking Dobbie is going to have a game where he finds his scoring boots again, he has looked dangerous in so many games without actually scoring.

I believe the top scorers in the division (league goals) have only scored 6, which seems unusually low. Dobbie is one of them.

15 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

No surprise to Pars fans Fordyce is out with injury again done his hamstring out for at least a month.

The guy had his leg snapped by a disgusting challenge when he was with us and was fit pretty much all the time other than that you absolute rancid tit.

Not for the first time, I'm struggling to understand where all the pessimism amongst our fanbase is coming from.  Whilst it's fair to say we aren't blowing teams away with dazzling displays of footballing genius, equally we have been competitive in all but two games that I can think of.  The recent 3-0 home defeat to Livingston, and a 3-1 trouncing from St Mirren in Paisley which in truth should have been more.  Aside from those two fixtures we have given as good as we have got, and as pointed out by Sloop John B in the Queens thread, this is our best start to a season since 2014/15.  The 23 points we have picked up after 15 games has only been bettered twice in the last ten years.

Personally it's the style of football we're playing that's making it a chore to go and watch just now. I don't expect Barcelona quality but equally I don't think it should be accepted that this level is only good for the route 1 approach. Even if the latter was the case, my biggest problem is we don't have the players capable of performing that system successfully and yet Naysmith has persisted with it.

I think our threat from the back has possibly papered over the cracks this season. If anyone can be arsed I'd be interested to know how many goals/points have been thanks to set-pieces.

As Sloop has pointed out, on paper it's been a cracking start but the reality is we aren't that good. Before a ball was kicked I said the league would be won by the least worst side and nothing I've seen this season has made me change my mind. I can't recall a poorer division in quite some time. So even though we've accumulated more points I don't think it's crazy to suggest that the quality has dropped.

The fact Dobbie and Lyle don't look as threatening this year speaks volumes for me and is a huge frustration. Some may say it's their age but I say it's because the system doesn't aid in getting the best from them.

Archived