Ayr v QP

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought McCall would have learned his lesson after the first half last week, Moore & Shankland are too similar to play together. We seem to play much better with a Moff/Forrest beside one of them. Guess it’s difficult to drop either of them though, nice problem to have.

QP fans, talk me through this;

Number 11

Right Back

Left Footed

Germany flag as a captains armband

Didn't deserve a win but we'll take it,Shankland hadn't done much in the 2nd half then pops up with 2 lovely pieces of footwork, that's why he should never be taken off unless injured.

I have to make a wee apology to Forrest, he's looking more and more like the real deal with every appearance off the bench.

That's 2 weeks in a row I've not heard much if any negativity at the halfway line, think we're all finely in it together.

Ayr managed to get a result when playing bad, so that's a got to be good thing. I thought McDaid and Forrest done well again this week coming on a subs and both getting goals, for me those two have been the stand out players in the last two games.  The Queens Park team and their fans must be really gutted they certainly didn't deserve to lose this game. I'm sure if they play like that every week they will beat a lot of the teams in this league.

Don’t know how Queen’s Park can say they deserved a result. Yes they were hard to beat but they only had two shots on target and one of their goals was a bizarre OG.

Moffat missed two good chances in the first half while McGuffies shot just went wide. 4-0 at HT wouldn’t have flattered us.

QP were ok but we fully deserved the win.

Don’t know how Queen’s Park can say they deserved a result. Yes they were hard to beat but they only had two shots on target and one of their goals was a bizarre OG.

Moffat missed two good chances in the first half while McGuffies shot just went wide. 4-0 at HT wouldn’t have flattered us.

QP were ok but we fully deserved the win.

I can't argue with any of this but QP dominated possession and ran the midfield which for us at home is concerning. There is no doubt that our strike force is the best in the league but without key players today we struggled defensively and were overran in midfield.

The roar of relief at full-time from Ayr fans told the story of how close Ayr came to losing. If that goalmouth scramble had gone in I doubt we'd have sat so deep late in the game. That and McCall's GIRUY at the QP fans shows how close we were.

No cigars though but after the last two weeks 6 points from the next two is a very realistic target.

14 minutes ago, Iain said:

I do find it remarkable that we can match the club's record winning run and folks want to focus on what wasn't working. Guess it's just a habit.

It’s a football forum, people will come on and discuss the positives and negatives. Get over yourself man. 

13 minutes ago, Iain said:

I do find it remarkable that we can match the club's record winning run and folks want to focus on what wasn't working. Guess it's just a habit.

I'm well pleased we got the win today, but you have to remember we are full time and we were playing the team who are rock bottom of the league at home. We were missing a few players and it showed big time, but overall we got the 3 points and that's all that really matters.

When viewed in context, that was a superb effort from Ayr.  Any team in that league would struggle in midfield without Docherty, Geggan and Crawford.  The only real grumble was the starting lineup.  Starting Gilmour and McGuffie was a  strange one when you have Forrest and McDaid on the bench.  Pretty stunned that Gilmour lasted the 90 minutes - he doesn't look match fit and generally acts like he's coaching the under 14s, continually pointing at this, that and wherever.  

Archived