KFC Vs Quinoa Thistle

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storey puts me in mind of a rugby player, and not just with the war crime of a haircut and the fact he's called Miles.

Strong and can run quickly in a straight line but zero football intelligence, tries to literally run through players. 

I'd still play him up front with Doolan on Saturday,  get him to do his headless chicken act and leave Doolan to loiter in the box in the unlikely event we get a ball in there. 

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Strong and can run quickly in a straight line but zero football intelligence

Posted pretty much the exact same thing in the Hibs game thread. His goal against St. Johnstone was largely him running in a straight line, and just doing the defender for pace. The amount of times he just runs straight into defenders is unreal.

Storey would be far better with someone else up front with him, and the times we have performed best this season have largely been when he and Sammon or Doolan have been on the park together.

We were all creaming ourselves too when we signed Lee Erwin, he’s turned out to be a big lump of carbolic soap.

Agreed.... Eamon Brophy looks a better prospect tbh & seems to be responding to SC & AD coaching methods, he could turn out to be decent.

No hate for Sammon from me, I liked the big fella when he was at Killie. He grafted hard and scored a lot of good goals and made the club a good wedge of cash when he moved on. He was very lucky to have a genius like Eremenko to make him look so good.
I doubt he would’ve made as much cash in the game as he has without his wee purple patch with us.

Since leaving Killie in 2011, where he managed 25 goals in his time at Rugby Park, 1 goal every 2.72 games (1 goal in every 1.63 games he played besides Eremenko)

Sammon has played for Wigan, Derby, Ipswich, Rotherham, Sheffield Utd, Hearts, back to Killie & Partick, scoring only 27 goals in 187 matches, a return of 1 goal in every 6.92 games.

Nobody can argue with his commitment but how he's still playing at the top level in Scotland is quite astonishing.

It's fair to say without Eremenko his career wouldn't have got him as far as it has in football.

Maybe Mulumbu will be Erwin’s Eremenko. Every duff striker needs an Eremenko.
There’s probably something in that re: Erwin. His purple patch with Motherwell came when we brought McDonald in and had him alongside Erwin effectively coaching him through games.

There’s probably something in that re: Erwin. His purple patch with Motherwell came when we brought McDonald in and had him alongside Erwin effectively coaching him through games.
IMO, anytime I've seen Erwin, including several reserve games since he signed for Killie, he looks like a football pitch is the farthest place in his mind he wants to be. He really looks totally disinterested.  

I can see him turning out like another Riordan or O'Connor if he doesn't sort his head out and knuckle down soon.

I just dont understand why players like Erwin end up wasting the talent they have as guys like most of us on here would give their right bollock to be in their position playing professional football.

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

IMO, anytime I've seen Erwin, including several reserve games since he signed for Killie, he looks like a football pitch is the farthest place in his mind he wants to be. He really looks totally disinterested.  

I can see him turning out like another Riordan or O'Connor if he doesn't sort his head out and knuckle down soon.

I just dont understand why players like Erwin end up wasting the talent they have as guys like most of us on here would give their right bollock to be in their position playing professional football.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how Erwin turned out.. We won a watch when Leeds decided they wanted him and we ended up with £500k for a player who'd really only had a decent 6 months (6 goals in 37 games for Motherwell). Though in fairness, he was played out of position by McCall before Baraclough gave him a shot through the middle. Erwin may be many things but a winger he is not.

He had 10 goals in 40 for Oldham last season so whilst not great, he's clearly not a total lost cause. However, if he can't raise his game and get in shape with Steve Clarke as his manager then there's not much hope for him tbh.

10 hours ago, Estragon said:

I'm really not into all the Sammon hate here boys.

I dont think there's any hate for him. Most fans love a trier and for that reason I really like the guy. It doesn't change the fact I think he's a terrible footballer.

Sammon as has been said is a trier and that’s his best attribute . When he had that purple patch with us which got him his transfer he scored goals that he didn’t need to think about because they were laid on for him . He’s made the best of the talents that he possessed and probably a good living out of it so fair play but no hate for him 

6 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Sammon as has been said is a trier and that’s his best attribute . When he had that purple patch with us which got him his transfer he scored goals that he didn’t need to think about because they were laid on for him . He’s made the best of the talents that he possessed and probably a good living out of it so fair play but no hate for him 

To be fair to Sammon, that season in particular he was in the gym more than any other player bulking up and was doing extra training sessions with Mixu to improve his finishing.

Archived