KFC Vs Quinoa Thistle

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Frizzell (sp?) fit / Greer fit? Killie strolled it at Firhill in the 2-0 but those two in particular had the cigars out (Findlay was solid at LB too, which given our nightmares trying to replace Booth there is frustrating).

Obvious as it sounds we really have to get a win here to i) hopefully start us on a run of picking up points before we can start trying to salvage the season in January, ii) start dragging other teams closer to us in the table and iii) avoid getting cut adrift in the auto relegation spot a la Dundee Utd when they went down.

No goals from Stephen O'Donnell to rub our noses in shite, please.

Is Frizzell (sp?) fit / Greer fit? Killie strolled it at Firhill in the 2-0 but those two in particular had the cigars out (Findlay was solid at LB too, which given our nightmares trying to replace Booth there is frustrating).
Obvious as it sounds we really have to get a win here to i) hopefully start us on a run of picking up points before we can start trying to salvage the season in January, ii) start dragging other teams closer to us in the table and iii) avoid getting cut adrift in the auto relegation spot a la Dundee Utd when they went down.
No goals from Stephen O'Donnell to rub our noses in shite, please.

Greer should start.

IMO, O'Donnell blows hot & cold so hopefully he's on his game next Saturday.

Frizzell most likely off the bench as he's been better as an impact sub since Clarke came in. Dicker, Power, Mulumbu & Taylor in midfield would be the dream tbh.

Is Mulumbu definitely going to be fit for this one?  If so, with the added bonus of JJ coming back, I can see us finally breaking our home hoodoo.

We need to start putting a bit of space between us and the arse end of the league.

Looking forward to the day, but I can’t muster any enthusiasm for the game at all. 

I don’t even dread getting beat anymore and I don’t feel nervous at the prospect of being relegated.  This team have sapped the life out of me with their turgid style of play and weak mentality.

I’ve had enough of Barton persistently surrendering possession, Ryan Edwards running around like a headless chicken, giving away stupid fouls and Chris Erskine running into traffic and making the wrong decision, time and time again.

My ultra negative pre-match posts usually result in Thistle turning in a performance out of nowhere (5-0 v St Mirren, 5-2 v Killie) and I end up looking like a tit. Here’s hoping that’s the case this week.

These are my straws and I’m clutching at them.

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Just saw you haven't beaten us at home since 2014 in the league anyway, that's hilarious. How has this even happened, good times eh. Won't be laughing as much on Saturday when we lose. Still funny though. 

It's a fixture where the home team very rarely wins. f**k knows why.

This will change on Saturday, though.

Relying on ageing midfielder with once decent pedigree to come in and immediately make an impact after years of doing nothing, this is going to go well. djemba-djemba-st-mirren_0.jpg?itok=Uge2hhS8&c=b5573862cced0966947d6647769b4219

Lucky we're shite and you could outplay us in midfield even if JJ was Jim Jeffries. 

Da'rtick Thistle...

I know we've yet to have the "who's got injured in training this week" tombola but surely we can't go in with Edwards and Barton in midfield again? Fraser's contract is up in 3 and a bit weeks, surely we need to give him a start to see if his leg falls off after 60 minutes or not? Woods might also have an hour or so in him.

Can they scale up the space-age technology that is our 50/50 draw drum into something big enough for Edwards to climb in, then just have him  run around that for the game?  Lad'll enjoy it, he pure loves running.  You could probably hook it up to a dynamo to charge something up to shock Barton into action every minute or so.  Job done.

Archived