KFC Vs Quinoa Thistle

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Also, glad to see Brophy doing well. Was always a fan of his. Just didn't suit our one upfront style at the time. Would have been interesting to see him play up there with Templeton.

First "pest" of a forward we've had in years. Tenacious doesn't even cover his effort. I wasn't overly impressed when we signed him but I'm happy to say he appears to be proving my doubt was undeserved. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I would have taken Brophy in a heartbeat at the start of the season, even if it was just to stop him constantly scoring against us. Always thought he was a half decent player

Agree with that. Now 11 top league goals of which 5 have been against us.

We got the breaks today that have been missing all season. Could’ve had a couple more too if jones took a touch or 2. Too eager to shoot sometimes. Still we look nervous in defence at times, Findlay was better today but he struggles when folk running on wing at him.

Mulumbu looked class on the ball, composed, good passing and nice touches. Felt he lost his man a few times but that’ll improve with fitness i would think.

seen a few teams come to us and play a lot worse than Partick and get results. Dundee, hearts and Hamilton were all woeful but managed points. 

Fully agree with that.

Thistle were nowhere near the worst team to visit RP over the past year.

We played well, we had a fair bit of luck, we deserved to win, but perhaps 5-1 flattered us.

Thistle are nowhere near the worst in  the league and should come good.

We, on the other hand are clearly, after years of watching utter pish,  suddenly have self belief back again.

In Stevie we trust..............

I recall a lot of Thistle fans being really excited with the likes of Barton and Keown.
Regression? Lack of confidence? Out of position?
FWIW, despite our relatively decent run before today, we will more than likely be fighting it out for bottom spot. No need for panic yet.

Barton has been moved into a position he's much much worse at.

Keown seems to have decided playing football on eccies is a lol.

We've regressed which means our "let's shite the bed" gig now is more costly as we're not picking up points on the other occasions.

Like I said before, we're very fortunate in that we're not that far behind so could turn this around with a mad winter shift like last season. However, we look utterly meh at best this season with zero fight. I remember the ICT & Arabs relegation teams having the same look of resignation to their absolute shittyness and that is what concerns me most.

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I recall a lot of Thistle fans being really excited with the likes of Barton and Keown.

Regression? Lack of confidence? Out of position?

FWIW, despite our relatively decent run before today, we will more than likely be fighting it out for bottom spot. No need for panic yet.

Barton is being played out of position. He won POTY for us last season playing almost exclusively as a sweeper CB in a back 3. This season he's playing CM, and is half the player.

Keown has been rubbish. Seems like Liam Lindsay really carried him last year on the defensive side of things. Additionally, his distribution is honking, and now that he doesn't have Barton at the back to help pass it out, he'll either lose it in a dangerous area, or lump it to nobody.

Still plenty of time for us to fix things. Two wins out of nowhere like we did with Dundee & St Johnstone in October would pull us right back into it. But we've been fucking dreadful all season, so it's really hard to see when that might happen.

I think the real change in the matchup between us and Kilmarnock compared to the past few seasons can be seen in the central midfield area.

In the past couple of seasons, we've had Osman in there as an enforcer, with the other guys playing in a more advanced role, helping to contribute to the attacks. On the other hand, Killie have had nothing players in the middle of the park, and as a result we've been able to over-run the midfield, which is why our recent record against Killie is so good. This season is a complete contrast to the past three years. We've now got Barton and Edwards doing absolutely f**k all for us in the middle, whereas Killie have Dicker, Power and now Mulumbu; guys that know what the f**k they're doing and basically controlled the game.

After 3-1, I've never seen a team offer as much space and time on the ball in this division as Partick offered us.

Some nerve and steel required, but if that's added either in transfers or training they'll pick up again. Chris Erskine always looks the part against us, and yesterday was no exception - he had a flat raceagainst Broadfoot in the first half and it wasn't immediately clear if big Kirk was running or not!

It was almost surprising that it was only five in the end...

Archived