KFC Vs Quinoa Thistle

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t know how much you can blame Archie for Cerny palming the ball out to Killie players at every opportunity or Keown constantly blootering it off our own players. Our players are also shitebags who take no reaponsibility on the ball.

Hmm, the question I see is will Thistle make up the four-point gap that pulls them into safety. Is that possible given the lack of leadership on and off the park?

We are absolutely atrocious. Keown has regressed massively from last year. He’s been shocking since he signed permanently. Needs dropped ASAP (ie whenever Booth or Penrice or an actual left-back is in our squad). Feel for Turnbull who is never a left back in his life, but aside from that, our squad are fucking shitebags. Still struggling to work out the logic behind Archie’s first substitution. Also still struggling to work out what the f**k Devine was doing for what ultimately led to the own goal. Even Cerny had an uncharacteristically horrendous game today.

If we don’t get 4 points from the two games this week (we won’t), then it’s time for Archie to go. This season has been utterly abysmal.

One of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen. Every single Killie goal was as a result of us not being able to clear the ball, whether that be Cerny palming it right back into dangerous areas, or our three fucking jobber CB's sclaffing it to nowhere when it fell to them in the box.

Thought Mulumbu looked class. Strolled around the pitch, and he'll be very useful when he's up to full fitness. In contrast, our midfield was completely anonymous again.

As things stand, we're fucking gone. That was another abortion of a performance at a ground where we've generally been very good the past few years. Motherwell on Wednesday is now an absolute must-win. And we won't win it.

much as I've been thrilled with the level headed investment from the W£ir$ I've hit the point where I'm dreaming of them flinging £1M at us in January to get some real quality in to salvage this season. Not got any faith in the current squad.

tbh we'd probably still manage to spend it all on injury prone dross,

Well that was enjoyable. While we were the better team, I didn't think Thistle were a 5-1 level of bad - they were still in it up until we got the third goal. Very impressed by just about every man in a blue and white jersey with the exception of Stuart Findlay, and big Mulumbu strolled it in the middle. Obviously he's not 100% fit but when he is he'll be smashing to watch. The home hoodoo isn't killed yet - but this was a huge statement to make on the plastic park.

Two goals from Kris Boyd, two more from Eamonn Brophy, and a Partick Thistle own goal brought an end to Killie’s barren run at Rugby Park, while Thistle’s only consolation was a very good Chris Erskine shot which evaded Jamie MacDonald in the Kilmarnock goal.

Kilmarnock looked hungry right from the first whistle, and it took only eleven minutes for the home side to take the lead. Youssouf Mulumba, making his first start for the club, opened up the Thistle defence, created a chance for skipper Kris Boyd, and the striker made no mistake. Four minutes later Thistle drew level when a shot from Chris Erskine found its way into the net, but after another four minutes, Killie were back ahead. 

A Boyd free kick from outside the box could only be beaten back by Tomas Cerny, and Brophy was available to shoot home. Killie dominated the rest of the half, but couldn't add to their lead.
Thistle started the second half brightly but couldn't find a way through; the defence making sure that MacDonald didn't have a shot to save. Kilmarnock gradually turned the screw again, upped the pressure, and when Cerny beat away a Brophy shot, Keown couldn't get out of the way, and the ball rebounded into the net. With 65 minutes gone, Killie again increased their lead when Boyd headed a Burke corner back across the box and Eamonn Brophy headed past Cerny. Kilmarnock were now in total control, but it took until the 78th minute for Kris Boyd to put the icing on the cake from the penalty spot, and he fairly lashed the ball into the net.

Steve Clarke was understandably pleased to get a win at home, and to get back to back wins after beating St Johnstone at Perth last week, but was still disappointed that we were unable to keep a clean sheet. When asked about Boyd taking the penalty with Brophy on two goals and the game effectively over, he said “"Kris takes the penalties, no matter what the score is. As Kris said, not too many players want to take penalties if you are 1-0 down.” 

Kilmarnock: MacDonald, O’Donnell, Greer, Broadfoot, Findlay, Power, Dicker, Mulumbu (Burke), Jones, Brophy (Taylor), Boyd (Erwin)

Partick Thistle: Cerny, Turnbull, Keown, Spittal, Doolan (Sammon), Erskine, Lawless (Woods), Barton (Storey),Devine, McGinn, Edwards

Referee: Bobby Madden

As much as I feel panicking and pulling the trigger might work - there's a fair amount of evidence lately that suggests it does, I feel like Archie deserves being allowed to even see out a relegation, as atrocious as we are. I think my breaking point would be a team failing to challenge for promotion honestly. However, he definitely deserves criticism, theres a large core of Thistle fans who will do anything to deflect any criticism aimed at him, which I feel is well deserved at the moment and has been at times throughout his reign. This is the guy who's teams have been soft touches late in games for years, went 14 without winning at one point, can't sign a permanent striker who isn't hopeless. He's also the same guy who got us a top 6 place and established us in this league, playing some great stuff at times.  I think some folk need to accept that he's flawed finally. An alright manager who I think deserves moral support from the fans based on his history, but also not someone who should get a free ride simply because of his status within the club. Is Archie a better manager than say the regularly hounded Martin Canning? I honestly don't think anyone could confidently say at this time that he is. I can see why folk want him gone but for me he deserves the benefit of the doubt just now.

Archived