Sign in to follow this  
yoyopack

Refereeing Quality

8 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

There is no doubt that we all look at some desicions and wonder why! That being said in the main they do a really good job in difficult circumstances which is not helped by players trying to con them on an all to regular basis.

Before someone asks I am not a referee but some of the players and managers need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Agree with this. The top referees in the world are proven wrong by a fourth replay, from a third angle that is slowed down to the infinite degree.

These guys do a job for very little remuneration and despite what we all think they don't have a hidden agenda.

They all try their best and without them we would have no football. Move on and chat about something else. 

And to confirm I am not and never will be a referee. 

On top of helping identify the idiots, this thread has also clearly shown why campaigns like rainbow laces are required.

Thankfully we seem to have a younger generation growing up where sex, religion, race and sexuality is irrelevant - unfortunately we still have many other generations stuck in the dark ages.

I often find those that claim the world is too PC are those who are bigots, racists or homophobic - again this thread proves that point.

Suppose it could be worse ..... You could be a medda fan ........what a slump

There’s more to my life than how good or bad the club I support are. Nice try though.

Mind you , George is going to agree that the ref was poor and that it wasnt a sending-off.

Hes away up the road with 3 points and the prom queen , oh aye terrible that , aye he was poor wasnt he , nudge nudge wink wink, see yous later lads, all the best cheers for the game .

Hes away home with the cigar out and a big glass of red . Terrible that ref today sweetheart

There’s more to my life than how good or bad the club I support are. Nice try though.

Never said there wasnt but I was only pointing out a fact though ........... Nice try to fudge the issue though

On top of helping identify the idiots, this thread has also clearly shown why campaigns like rainbow laces are required.

Thankfully we seem to have a younger generation growing up where sex, religion, race and sexuality is irrelevant - unfortunately we still have many other generations stuck in the dark ages.

I often find those that claim the world is too PC are those who are bigots, racists or homophobic - again this thread proves that point.

Jesus Christ the prime minister has spoken ; so because people have a different opinion from you then they're idiots ? Such arrogance to be honest ; get a grip everyone's entitled to an opinion without being labelled a bigot ; idiot etc etc etc .

Jesus Christ the prime minister has spoken ; so because people have a different opinion from you then they're idiots ? Such arrogance to be honest ; get a grip everyone's entitled to an opinion without being labelled a bigot ; idiot etc etc etc .

When your opinion is clearly one that thinks homophobic comments are acceptable and the world is Pc mad due to people saying it’s offensive - then yes you clearly are an idiot.

And for the record, Theresa May is the prime minister, Jesus Christ is a fictional character and certainly not Prime Minister.

2 minutes ago, superpollok said:

When your opinion is clearly one that thinks homophobic comments are acceptable and the world is Pc mad due to people saying it’s offensive - then yes you clearly are an idiot.

And for the record, Theresa May is the prime minister, Jesus Christ is a fictional character and certainly not Prime Minister.

I'm not so sure he's a fictional character although some of what he got up to is open to question.

Never said there wasnt but I was only pointing out a fact though ........... Nice try to fudge the issue though

What issue is that?

At least this thread has helped clarify the idiots on P&B.  

The ‘junior thickos’ if you will.

Personally I don't think someone saying get up you faggot is outrageous ; it's not ideal but there's a hell of a lot worse shouted from player to player and from fans ; take cricket for example where some of the sledging borders on totally obscene and is in my opinion worse than a silly throw away comment of calling someone who's probably heterosexual a faggot ; not for the first time on here you're happy to label people you dont even know as idiots etc etc as their views differ from your own ;

Yes in my opinion the world has went PC mad that this is even causing an outrage ; and in no way am I a bigot ; an idiot or homophobic; you no doubt will be back on saying otherwise as you struggle to debate with anyone who's opinions differ from your own though ......

1 minute ago, theshed said:

Personally I don't think someone saying get up you faggot is outrageous ; it's not ideal but there's a hell of a lot worse shouted from player to player and from fans

Give us an example then.

Give us an example then.

Have heard some horrible things shouted at football on my travels more so in the seniors ;

Fans wishing terminal illness on players ; wishing deaths on other fans families ; calling refs handicapped etc ; the whole old firm poison ; that's just a few examples and much worse than a throw away comment of calling someone a faggot .

Just now, theshed said:

Have heard some horrible things shouted at football on my travels more so in the seniors ;

Fans wishing terminal illness on players ; wishing deaths on other fans families ; calling refs handicapped etc ; the whole old firm poison ; that's just a few examples and much worse than a throw away comment of calling someone a faggot .

You are just not getting this are you?

You seem the kinda guy that says “I’m not racist but...”

Wrong try harder next time though ......

Personally I don't think someone saying get up you faggot is outrageous ; it's not ideal but there's a hell of a lot worse shouted from player to player and from fans ; take cricket for example where some of the sledging borders on totally obscene and is in my opinion worse than a silly throw away comment of calling someone who's probably heterosexual a faggot ; not for the first time on here you're happy to label people you dont even know as idiots etc etc as their views differ from your own ;

Yes in my opinion the world has went PC mad that this is even causing an outrage ; and in no way am I a bigot ; an idiot or homophobic; you no doubt will be back on saying otherwise as you struggle to debate with anyone who's opinions differ from your own though ......

Difficult to debate with someone’s about words that are homophobic with someone who is homophobic.

And for the record, it’s not just my thoughts, it’s the thoughts of any sensible person in society.

Save yourself breaking away from your Roy chubby brown Betamax video and don’t bother replying.

You are just not getting this are you?

Yes I'm getting it perfectly ; a huge load of fuss over not very much for me ; it's just my opinion it doesn't make me an idiot ; a bigot or homophobic though . Drama queens .

Difficult to debate with someone’s about words that are homophobic with someone who is homophobic.

And for the record, it’s not just my thoughts, it’s the thoughts of any sensible person in society.

Save yourself breaking away from your Roy chubby brown Betamax video and don’t bother replying.

More put downs as someone doesn't agree with your opinion ; expected no less right enough ; think I will pass on chubby brown on the beetamax tonight though ; think I will just dig out the DVD player and a DVD of the 29/5/16 cup final winning dvd . Cheers