Refereeing Quality

yoyopack

I took in the Saltcoats v whitletts games today and I have to say the  quality of refereeing was abysmal. Firstly, the penalty awarded to Saltcoats was nowehere near a penalty. From what I understand a whitletts player was also sent off for calling a Saltcoats player something. To follow another whitletts was booked and sent off but had not been booked prior? The referee had sent off  the wrong player. Considering the game was 1-1 at the time I have to say this had a big say in the game. From taking in  recent junior games I have to say that the quality of referring in the junior game can be very poor. Taking nothing away from Saltcoats their boys battled hard but whitletts were well and truly done by poor refereeing. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Are we going to get a thread like this every week? Only a nutter would decide to ref in the juniors. What do you expect?

Really just an observation because it  was such a bad performance. I have to say there have been games I have been to where referees were brilliant but todays showing was the worst I have seen in a long long time at junior level. 

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Are we going to get a thread like this every week? Only a nutter would decide to ref in the juniors. What do you expect?

Saw guys in their early 20's getting a power of snash from a miscellany of tubby heart attack in the post sorts at Vale of Leven last week. A truly humbling experience to mingle with human perfection on the level of these bawbags. 

1 minute ago, .Stuart. said:

For what referees get paid for the level they work it, they’re essentially volunteers and without them, games wouldn’t go ahead.

That's what I mean. Every week someone comes on here greetin' about refs. The boy will have been roared at the whole game by bawheids who think a fiver entry fee buys them a couple of hours of spewing profanities and insults. No wonder the refereeing is substandard. You should be amazed anyone will do it!

7 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Saw guys in their early 20's getting a power of snash from a miscellany of tubby heart attack in the post sorts at Vale of Leven last week. A truly humbling experience to mingle with human perfection on the level of these bawbags. 

Aye but it's fine. That's fitba! 

Woeful

I took in the Saltcoats v whitletts games today and I have to say the  quality of refereeing was abysmal. Firstly, the penalty awarded to Saltcoats was nowehere near a penalty. From what I understand a whitletts player was also sent off for calling a Saltcoats player something. To follow another whitletts was booked and sent off but had not been booked prior? The referee had sent off  the wrong player. Considering the game was 1-1 at the time I have to say this had a big say in the game. From taking in  recent junior games I have to say that the quality of referring in the junior game can be very poor. Taking nothing away from Saltcoats their boys battled hard but whitletts were well and truly done by poor refereeing. 

Not a penalty? Saltcoats were denied a stone Waller just before whitletts first goal and from my angle at the side of the park both penalties were stonewallers. The first red card the boy was sent off for a homophobic comment? The second? Yes there was a mix up but it was a straight red in the first place.

31 minutes ago, sunshine4 said:

Not a penalty? Saltcoats were denied a stone Waller just before whitletts first goal and from my angle at the side of the park both penalties were stonewallers. The first red card the boy was sent off for a homophobic comment? The second? Yes there was a mix up but it was a straight red in the first place.

Were you at the same game?

All the boy said was he went down like a faggot not directed straight at the boy first penalty shout was a stone Waller second no keeper got the ball and as for sending off of Jordon never shuda happened as for saying straight red get a grip. Ref knee he made mistake but refused to change his desicion. He said he booked him in first half for diving wen it was another player he booked who when the fed showed us his book after game was not even in book

That's what I mean. Every week someone comes on here greetin' about refs. The boy will have been roared at the whole game by bawheids who think a fiver entry fee buys them a couple of hours of spewing profanities and insults. No wonder the refereeing is substandard. You should be amazed anyone will do it!

But the ref collects a wage. So surely allowed to be called out when they ruin a game or are not to standard.

As the guy who does the fixtures collects a wage and we are constantly reminded about his ‘performance’ on here daily, so why not the same for a ref?

34 minutes ago, superpollok said:

But the ref collects a wage. So surely allowed to be called out when they ruin a game or are not to standard.

As the guy who does the fixtures collects a wage and we are constantly reminded about his ‘performance’ on here daily, so why not the same for a ref?

The vast majority of us are guilty at calling out mistakes by the officials disproportionately to the mistakes made by our own players.  Happy to upset the officials, less so our own players.

Archived