Brechin City v St Mirren 9/12/17

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, slangs said:

Totally delusional. As I tried to say last week we are not far off anyone in this league (shot down in flames) if we get the right players n right tactics on the park. We fell short again just but short. My point last week was to tick the boxes players doing the right things on and off the park. We are not far away from being mid table. But between bad tactics n bad choice of personnel we r where we are

Not sure what bit you felt was delusional since you quoted my whole post. I assume you don't disagree that the St Mirren fans made a decent noise, for instance. 

Lets assume you mean the way we approached the game.

I thought we played well enough to get something. You think we aren't far away from being a mid table side apart from 'bad tactics and personnel'. What else is there - apart from attitude? 

We don't have a whole lot of options  when it comes to personnel. We can all quibble about one or two places in the starting Xl but it's not as if we have loads of options kicking their heels in the stand. 

I don't think we're far away from getting a couple of wins which would get us back into the mix. Tactically I don't see much wrong with what he's doing. I haven't been to the away games but obviously recent results have been a lot different to the home ones. We could have gone in 3-1 up at half time yesterday despite setting up to counter attack. It's small margins and alright, we only have 3 points but if they continue to keep their effort and discipline up, the win will come. On that basis I wouldn't be changing too much. It would be a different story if we were consistently getting a chasing at home.

Maybe hope a bit of the cup game money can be released to the playing budget in Jan but realistically we can't expect more than one or two new faces, and presumably one will be a replacement for Connor Mac. 

“The win will come” what one fn win we could have been in a better position now had Dods got the tactics and the players on the park right. 1/2 the season gone and your going on about winning one game. It’s all about expectations and you along with others seem to expect very little.in reality we could have been in a far better position if Mr Dods had done things better. Whether it’s tactics or personnel.

Bloody hell when we fell over the line into the play off s with half an injured team I felt ah well Raith will bring a crowd boost clubs coffers .Then we deservedly beat them, onto Alloa much the same we were better over 2 legs just .
At the time I thought ah well we ll go up accept the humping s and enjoy it .And that's way it's been . Injuries and suspension s have hampered our season again. But instead of blaming referees and defenders I d point finger at shot shy strikers. We ve had chances in games and really must take them . Competition for places up front now with Jacko back , Isaac playing well and Orsi had a good 2nd half .Love and Connor sitting on sideline . I fully understand Dod s tactics but ye we could attack more I feel . But the full timers still have that wee bit extra quality ..

Ok we did expect to get humped at times but we have been in more games than we have been humped thus leads me to think we could have done so much better. Now that’s where we tend to disagree. We have set up to defend 9 times out of 10, we’re not that good at that. Over the 15 games or so you would think Dods n co would have noticed quite a few of the teams are not that good. That’s why tactics and personnel are vital. We have players deployed in the correct way could have got something out of the games we’ve come away with he haw.confidence is massive Dods has done nothing to to instil that

1 hour ago, slangs said:

Ok we did expect to get humped at times but we have been in more games than we have been humped thus leads me to think we could have done so much better. Now that’s where we tend to disagree. We have set up to defend 9 times out of 10, we’re not that good at that. Over the 15 games or so you would think Dods n co would have noticed quite a few of the teams are not that good. That’s why tactics and personnel are vital. We have players deployed in the correct way could have got something out of the games we’ve come away with he haw.confidence is massive Dods has done nothing to to instil that

Word salad

In amongst that there's stuff I agree with . Dods certainly does nt know how to play against Caley . Then the 3 home games against QOS , Dumbarton and Morton with a bit more attacking belief we could ve got some points on the board . As for defence it's individual errors more than horrendous play every week a different player makes 1 mistake and we re punished . My back 4/5 would be centre halves Crighton n Mcgeever , right back Lynas or Pabs and Dyer left back ..

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

In amongst that there's stuff I agree with . Dods certainly does nt know how to play against Caley . Then the 3 home games against QOS , Dumbarton and Morton with a bit more attacking belief we could ve got some points on the board . As for defence it's individual errors more than horrendous play every week a different player makes 1 mistake and we re punished . My back 4/5 would be centre halves Crighton n Mcgeever , right back Lynas or Pabs and Dyer left back ..

Any time Fusco comes in he is faultless.   His passion seems to bring the best out of everyone round about . Not afraid to put in a challenge and his workrate is excellent. Not bad on the ball either .   He likes to get forward as well which is a bonus.  Pity he can't shoot though !!  :P 

Any time Fusco comes in he is faultless.   His passion seems to bring the best out of everyone round about . Not afraid to put in a challenge and his workrate is excellent. Not bad on the ball either .   He likes to get forward as well which is a bonus.  Pity he can't shoot though !!  [emoji14] 

I forgot about the Messiah .He actually scored a screamer on Saturday but ref had already blown [emoji16]. I d find a space for him someplace. 2 thumping s were when he was out of team

54 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Thought the penalty was soft at the time, still looks soft

5 minutes ago, slangs said:

Aye def but that happens all the time

Soft from the first two angles, stonewaller from the last one.

Who'd be a ref!

Also, had heard Baird getting blamed for Brechin's goal, but looks like Samson at fault for me.

If he stays on his 6 yard line that's a much much harder finish.

I think I agree with Bobby F  .  The last angle  looks the most damning  but from the ref's position and those of us  further away , I don't think anyone could have called it  as quickly and as forcibly as the ref did.     As I said earlier it does seem that the team at the bottom get no breaks  at all. 

At least you guys are prepared to discuss the penalty openly and fairly  .   Unlike your neighbours last week !!!  ;)8)

4 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think I agree with Bobby F  .  The last angle  looks the most damning  but from the ref's position and those of us  further away , I don't think anyone could have called it  as quickly and as forcibly as the ref did.     As I said earlier it does seem that the team at the bottom get no breaks  at all. 

At least you guys are prepared to discuss the penalty openly and fairly  .   Unlike your neighbours last week !!!  ;)8)

You do see them given all the time but it's certainly at the soft end of the spectrum. In  those situations, unless the keeper comes out cleanly with the ball, he's going to be in trouble. There's no doubt Cammy Smith was looking for it and going nowhere, but you need your keep to just narrow the angle and close down the gap in that situation, and the ball will probably run out of play.

Speaking of which...

14 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Also, had heard Baird getting blamed for Brechin's goal, but looks like Samson at fault for me.

If he stays on his 6 yard line that's a much much harder finish.

:lol: The boy is absolutely not scoring that if Samson stays where he is.

Don't want to appear harsh, but the penalty looked a stonewaller at the time and I've not seen anything in the highlights to change my mind.

We also had 2 penalty shouts in the first half, a clear push on Baird at a corner, again a stonewaller and a shout for handball, which was ball to hand, but hand in an unnatural position and all that. No real complaints from me about the 2nd one to be honest.

All 3 were more of a penalty than the one you conceded against The Great Unwashed mind you.

Archived