Unstoppable Dark Blue Juggernaut vs Soon-to-be-Managerless Dons

Thought we deserved something from that but shat it in front of goal as per.

As an aside we seem to have been shite at retaining possession from throw ins for just about ever, through several previous managers back to at least one of Jocky’s attempts(don’t know which)

Why have we been so unbelievably pish at this for such a staggeringly long time?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed tonight. A good pished up away end, all standing with most singing. A good show of defiance to the nonsense we've endured. Let's keep this anti-Glasgow siege mentality going, it served Fergie well.

As for the game, a draw would have probably been a fair result. Lewis was the best of the lot with Shinnie just behind. Christie created a lot but it didn't always come off. Thought Frank Ross was unlucky to be subbed off. 

After Sunday I'm pleasantly surprised to see everyone united behind the team (with McInnes in the dugout!). Only heard a few people call him a "h*n b*****d" in the away end.

What have you lads done to Greg Stewart by the way? Should be destroying that league in a side with the support Aberdeen's players can give him. Looks a shadow of the player that played at Dens. And a 3 stone heavier shadow at that.

I thought Dundee probably done enough to get a point last night. I thought they were excellent in the first half and Aberdeen done a great job of killing the game after an early goal in the second. I thought the referee had a poor game overall and set himself up to fair with his early booking of Moussa because he could never keep up that consistency over the course of the game.

Parish - overall I still feel more comfortable with him controlling the back line than Bain. It can't be ignored, though, that I think Bain would have got down to the goal.

Kerr - crossing and decision is absolutely atrocious. I really like him as a defender but the number of attack he manages to kill hurts the way McCann wants to play.

Meekings and Hendry - both excellent I thought. Comfortable coming out with the ball, quick and strong. I don't see, barring injury, how O'Dea gets back into the team, and will be pretty annoyed if he does.

Jon - again, I thought he had a decent enough game, although I've yet to see his 'chance' on replay as I didn't get a good view from the BC.

Kamara - enjoy while it last as he's a class, class act. His poor clearance lead to the goal, however.

McGowan and O'Hara both had decent enough games.

Deacon - showed glimpses of why Dundee signed him, and that he is a good player. His guilt edged chance in the first half would have changed the game.

Moussa - I thought he had a really good first half. Held the ball up, moved away from defenders, won headers. But faded in the second half. Still not the answer to the goal scoring problems but overall game is improving, IMO.

Thought McLean and Shinnie were both good in the midfield, and Logan was probably lucky to stay on the pitch.

Overall it's not a bad result for Dundee but feel a draw wouldn't have been underserved.

Surprised by how down people are on Aberdeen yesterday. I thought the first half was pretty even, we had some good spells, but not consistently. Second half though I thought was pretty good, it felt like a matter of time until we were going to score and once we went 1-0 up Aberdeen were very effective at keeping up that lead and until the last few minutes it looked pretty comfortable for the Dons. Not a brilliant performance, but an effective one that we deserved to win. Ross looked confident, McKenna's goal was good. I thought Christie played some really good football, didn't always come off for him but his recent semi-dip in form seems to be over. McLean looked good last night too, there's a section of the support who will never warm to him but he looked great last night. Lewis had some good saves, and one spectacular one, but he was helped by some wasteful Dundee shooting. Still don't know what to think of Stewart. He can clearly play football but his decision making is off. It looks like he could turn into a fantastic player, and he is really skill full on the ball, but it rarely seems to lead to anything.

On the referee point I didn't think Logan deserved a second yellow, and the ref didn't fall for the Dundee play acting often. Only criticism I can think of is him not giving Moussa a second yellow for diving, but I can understand that in real time it's difficult to be confident and whilst he rightly waved play-on it would have been difficult to be confident enough to call it a clear dive.

Thought we were worth a point and looked likely until the goal, after that i never thought we looked like scoring. Aberdeen look pish compared to last season and were there for the taking. Kamara stroking it about like a young Georgi Nemsadze was my personal highlight along with the fat mess in the aberdeen end getting ripped. The main stand is shite and looking over at the empty Derry was extremely upsetting.  it certainly wasn't unanimous support for McInnes from the Aberdeen fans who I thought were very quiet throughout. Plenty positives for us, onwards and upwards. 

13 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Didn't leave there feeling nearly as dispirited as I did after our losses earlier in the season. Trying to take that as a positive.

Same here, it's like night and day compared to some of the pish Hartley served up.

Surprised by how down people are on Aberdeen yesterday. I thought the first half was pretty even, we had some good spells, but not consistently. Second half though I thought was pretty good, it felt like a matter of time until we were going to score and once we went 1-0 up Aberdeen were very effective at keeping up that lead and until the last few minutes it looked pretty comfortable for the Dons. Not a brilliant performance, but an effective one that we deserved to win. Ross looked confident, McKenna's goal was good. I thought Christie played some really good football, didn't always come off for him but his recent semi-dip in form seems to be over. McLean looked good last night too, there's a section of the support who will never warm to him but he looked great last night. Lewis had some good saves, and one spectacular one, but he was helped by some wasteful Dundee shooting. Still don't know what to think of Stewart. He can clearly play football but his decision making is off. It looks like he could turn into a fantastic player, and he is really skill full on the ball, but it rarely seems to lead to anything.

On the referee point I didn't think Logan deserved a second yellow, and the ref didn't fall for the Dundee play acting often. Only criticism I can think of is him not giving Moussa a second yellow for diving, but I can understand that in real time it's difficult to be confident and whilst he rightly waved play-on it would have been difficult to be confident enough to call it a clear dive.

The Ref shat it with Logan - should have gone off, likewise we were denied a penalty when Gowser was man handled to the ground. Although Cammy may well have been sent off too by another Ref.

Aberdeen are a shadow of their team last season.

Archived