Crossgates v beith

theshed

What happened here honestly ,? Game was called ON by the match ref between 0845 and 0916 this morning ; there were three bus loads turned up from ourselves only to be told at 1300 that it was off ; what a complete shambles

We were all in the crystal bar from 1215 mate ; the hosts were brill and laid on stovies; soup and bread and a great day ... Until one of our fans walked in and said game off , as you do we all left the pub and walked 800 yards to the park to see for ourselves as the nets were being taken down and gates being closed , we all went in and on the pitch and it was firm at best best and totally solid at worst , no way was just pitch playable

Crossgates is right next door to Hill of Beath and their game with Auchinleck was off by 9am.  Poor show that it took until 1pm to call off.

That's what nobody could understand down our way when our game got the go ahead at 0916 mate

I did wonder how beith game was on and Auchinleck Talbot game off. Goes you show that we probably had a decent official call it good.

Side note at least the drummer guy got a wee day out with his drum and sticks [emoji4]

Lol we all had an amazing day out to be honest as and stayed in the fife pub for the " whole match" I got dropped off back in beith by the mad bus at 1700 and woke up and looked at my watch that said 5 o'clock and thought only 5 hours until my 10am Sunday session, but it was still Saturday ffs as it was still PM

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Surely the same referee may have done both early inspections?

You would have thought so Al very much doubt it would have been the match referee as the OP suggested. Had my doubts about it being on mind you with both the Haws and Cowden being called off earlier.

I was going to go down and getting ready when my mate texted me and told me it was off.

2 hours ago, theshed said:

What happened here honestly ,? Game was called ON by the match ref between 0845 and 0916 this morning ; there were three bus loads turned up from ourselves only to be told at 1300 that it was off ; what a complete shambles

I wouldn't expect a match referee to have done an inspection at that time would have been a local ref probably the same one who done the Haws inspection as they were both more or less at the same time.

I drove through to crossgates today for the game and was surprised as everyone else when the pitch was deemed playable.  After being told the game was off like a few of our fans we headed to the park to see for ourselves, the pitch was solid. This was at around 1-20pm,  you would have expected the pitch to have improved from 9am.  There is no way this match was ever being played and the referee gambled on conditions improving the pitch which he should not have done considering the distance the visiting team had travelled.  But then again he would still have got paid regardless of the game going ahead or not.  A really shocking decision from the official.  

27 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I wouldn't expect a match referee to have done an inspection at that time would have been a local ref probably the same one who done the Haws inspection as they were both more or less at the same time.

I had arrived at the ground about 1pm and then saw one of the Crossgates lads returning to their car.

I'm sure someone had said this morning's ref who said it was playable made the trip from Edinburgh, I may be wrong?

39 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Crossgates should do the decent thing and give free entry to those  that travelled up today I get its not 100% there fault but a portion is  the game had no chance at milkman delivery time never mind 2pm. 

But then that falls down to the referee who declared the pitch playable at 9am, not Crossgates? Why is it the club's fault is the ref said it was OK?

Crossgates should do the decent thing and give free entry to those  that travelled up today I get its not 100% there fault but a portion is  the game had no chance at milkman delivery time never mind 2pm. 

Crossgates have no blame on this as it was a SJFA official who deemed it playable.

Kenny is obviously chancing his luck lol. Good effort but easily halted and diffused.

Archived