Crossgates v beith

theshed

8 hours ago, Jez said:

But then that falls down to the referee who declared the pitch playable at 9am, not Crossgates? Why is it the club's fault is the ref said it was OK?

If you follow Kenny's postings on a regular basis you will soon find out he's a rocket!

I stand corrected Chis, but whoever they belong to it ain't Crossgates so keep the blame away from them.

Exactly it's no fault of crossgates at all , they followed procedure and it was the refs call , the ref has clearly took a gamble on it thawing and it's backfired , still we all had a cracking wee day up there yesterday and it was a change of scenery for a few hours , the locals were all sound as well so it was a dry run if you like ahead of the real thing [emoji2]

Crossgates should do the decent thing and give free entry to those  that travelled up today I get its not 100% there fault but a portion is  the game had no chance at milkman delivery time never mind 2pm. 

Beith should do the decent thing and pay the supporters buses for the rearranged game

North ayrshire council should do the decent thing and grit the park for the rearranged game

The Scottish government should do the decent thing and pay the supporters drinks Bill for the rearranged game

I take it the park was hard at 1pm but had no actual ice on it ?
Much like a park in June.
When I think back to what we played on in the 80s and 90s

I've always been into that theory as well but yesterday ? No I honestly can't compare that to a hard summer pitch , it was rock solid and would have been dangerous if played , it was rutted as well and someone could have cracked their skull on it easily and the ref could have been sued .

I'd also headed up to watch this and was wary given how many games nearby were called off.  Couldn't believe it when it was called off.  Headed a couple of miles down the road to Lochgelly and saw their game, where the pitch was fine.

It was the match referee who inspected in the morning and put the game on. He admitted at 1pm that he had made an error in taking a risk that it would thaw out given the rise in temperature which was forecast. The pitch was never playable. It was solid and rutted from not repairing divots after the previous game on it. Our players were kicking a ball on it and a couple of them slipped and fell and the ball was like a rugby ball bouncing as you had no idea which direction it would go in. Ref got to be held totally responsible.

Archived