Games off Tomorrow

boheesian

That’s too much common sense lol but that’s what we did last sat and got the game on but still had pollok moaning early in the morning to make an decision even though they wouldn’t have to travel far if you give the game best chance to be on most parks would be unplayable with frost at 8.30 In the morning but usually playable couple of hours later

I think it was the lack of communication not moaning to make a decision. Last week every club was updating what was happening but nothing coming from you guys.

Anyway, as far as today’s game is concerned there will be a pitch inspection at 10am.

Parts of the pitch were solid yesterday, but hopefully the milder overnight temperatures will help that soften.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is called Scottish cup weekend, I just can't believe that two clubs in the country couldn't  have made contingency plans to play on the Sunday.

And don't start with players working. Players and FANS miss games every week through work,it's junior fitba.

41 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

I do understand that if it's to be minus all day or monsoon,  but frozen pitches can soften in a few hours for sure.

Checked armadale pitch at 7.30 still frozen at 9.30 .still needs rolled and lined . Looks like still be frozen at 12.30 as soil temperature still not one degree . Baker has eight dozen pies to make .canteen stories and soup to make .half time and full time sandwiches bought from local shops ...should the club just buy all the above and throw in the nearest bin .join a junior committee and see how much work is involved by a very few COMMITTED people .

3 minutes ago, happy said:

If it is called Scottish cup weekend, I just can't believe that two clubs in the country couldn't  have made contingency plans to play on the Sunday.

And don't start with players working. Players and FANS miss games every week through work,it's junior fitba.

You need banned from pnb no place here for this forward thinking

4 minutes ago, happy said:

PLAYERS contracts stipulate " THEY HAVE THE CHOICE TO PLAY ON SUNDAY" a player will not be in breach of contract for refusing to play on a Sunday. 

These contracts are drawn up by the sfa for ALL scottish non league clubs .

Here lies the problem with Sunday games .

Checked armadale pitch at 7.30 still frozen at 9.30 .still needs rolled and lined . Looks like still be frozen at 12.30 as soil temperature still not one degree . Baker has eight dozen pies to make .canteen stories and soup to make .half time and full time sandwiches bought from local shops ...should the club just buy all the above and throw in the nearest bin .join a junior committee and see how much work is involved by a very few COMMITTED people .

It is kind of sad when football matches are postponed because of sandwiches though.

Unless the sandwiches are frozen of course

10 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

PLAYERS contracts stipulate " THEY HAVE THE CHOICE TO PLAY ON SUNDAY" a player will not be in breach of contract for refusing to play on a Sunday. 

These contracts are drawn up by the sfa for ALL scottish non league clubs .

Lies the problem with Sunday games .

Good reply.This is a fans forum but I cannot remember any threads from any club even suggesting the idea.

Players want to play the game every week do they no?

acht,forget it.It is an absaloutly crazy crazy idea.....☺

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It is kind of sad when football matches are postponed because of sandwiches though.

Unless the sandwiches are frozen of course

I appreciate that clubs are often struggling financially, but perhaps the SJFA could insist every club invests in a toastie making machine?

4 minutes ago, happy said:

Good reply.This is a fans forum but I cannot remember any threads from any club even suggesting the idea.

Players want to play the game every week do they no?

acht,forget it.It is an absaloutly crazy crazy idea.....☺

Hate the state the obvious here, but if it's such a good idea why are Talbot not doing it?

Archived