Games off Tomorrow

boheesian

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the temperature due to rise during the night will it have come to late to save some matches tomorrow?

Here's hoping it can thaw out tomorrow but still very cold down Ayrshire way even just now with grass areas still hard , think it's to reach +9 though tomorrow so fingers crossed that games are given every chance , really need these games done and dusted .

I get that it's needed due to travelling but waiting till around 11am may just guarantee the game going ahead with the temp increasing.

Exactly as an inspection at 0830am basically gives the game no chance whatsoever , fair enough if it's up in Aberdeen but fife has a wee bit of leeway

Let's no kid ourselves on here.Cannot see many games on particularly In Ayrshire.It would take a summer sun at 3 am all over the pitch to be in with a chance.Hope I am wrong.

What's it been like in the kingdom of Fife this week.

Ayrshire to be 4 or 5 degrees thru the night then 6 or 7 tomorrow. Could be enough to soften the pitches?

I wouldn't be confident of any games being on in Ayrshire tomorrow , I think the damage has already been done unfortunately, especially with the mental trend of very early morning pitch inspections for games that aren't involving too much travel fit away teams .

Exactly as an inspection at 0830am basically gives the game no chance whatsoever , fair enough if it's up in Aberdeen but fife has a wee bit of leeway

That’s too much common sense lol but that’s what we did last sat and got the game on but still had pollok moaning early in the morning to make an decision even though they wouldn’t have to travel far if you give the game best chance to be on most parks would be unplayable with frost at 8.30 In the morning but usually playable couple of hours later

Archived