Research survey

Ayrshire-SFC

Thanks to everyone that contributed. All going well the article will be published in January 2018. Sadly the study is limited in numbers. Mainly because I’m a student with a kid and I can’t justify spending 35 just to see the results for over a certain number. So I’ll have to not a small survey

Haha what would that do default_tongue.png you’ve made me curious ahha

Ha ha sorry, I need to get out more - it’s the day job!

Open access is generally more aimed at research staff/PHD’s but essentially if you are publishing an article they generally end up behind a paywall and the majority can’t read them - only Uni’s that subscribe to them will have access and even then it’s so expensive that even well off institutions can’t buy everything.

So Open Access is where you deposit your accepted manuscript so that anyone can read that as long as they have access to the internet. Means that lots more people can read your stuff and you get more recognition.

Open access is generally more aimed at research staff/PHD’s but essentially if you are publishing an article they generally end up behind a paywall and the majority can’t read them - only Uni’s that subscribe to them will have access and even then it’s so expensive that even well off institutions can’t buy everything.

So Open Access is where you deposit your accepted manuscript so that anyone can read that as long as they have access to the internet. Means that lots more people can read your stuff and you get more recognition.

Ahh excellent

I hadn’t been aware of that. That’s for a few years away as I’m still in my BA(Hons) but the magazine I’m writing it for will be public, and I’ll be sure to post it on here once it’s published. I’m ever grateful for the support and help from all of you.

Ahh excellent

I hadn’t been aware of that. That’s for a few years away as I’m still in my BA(Hons) but the magazine I’m writing it for will be public, and I’ll be sure to post it on here once it’s published. I’m ever grateful for the support and help from all of you.

Indeed [emoji4] Good luck, be good to read it.

It also expands the knowledge base accessible to all of humanity if altruism is your bag.

Archived