My branch contains olives.

PB 4.2

I highly recommend re-reading the  'Worst posters' thread cover-to-cover.    Sure its time consuming, but there are some cracking insults!   

But what struck me is how divided the Pie and Bovril online forum community has become.    Posters seem to be hellbent on settling scores, petty bickering is rife.   Hardly a page went by where I didn't think to myself  "we're all part of the ruddy P & B forum community?"   

Granted it's not all bad and one-upmanship is an excellent quality and should be encouraged.   But there's a new breed of poster - often masquerading as a bland number - which posts with the sole intention to cause personal distress and increase readership of the depression forum.  

Without naming names, I'm talking about: Monkey Tennis, Unleash the Nade, Bennett, and Melanius Mullarkey etc.   Such was the unedited vitriol from posters like these the mod team must have earned their Nov lump sum.  

One of the things Scotland did brilliantly after our failed 2014 referendum was to come together.    And we need to come together for the good of the Pie and Bovril online forum community.    

Therefore I offer my olive branch to those who have abused and those who I have abused.   

Let's start with the abusers:  

Unleash the Nade -   I'm prepared to accept a full apology for the turmoil you've caused me.   Verbally mocking the break up of my marriage to my sweetheart,    The hurt will never leave me but I'm prepared to forgive you for your awful conduct, post apology. 

Marshmallow - On the face of is everyone's mate.   Just don't try and get him to square a 4-year-old debt towards Diabetic research.   I warned you via PM I'd go public.   £15 quid mate - barely the price of a match ticket.   

Folk I'd like to hold out an olive branch to:   

Fide -  Jokes about cancer are normally below the belt, but especially if it's testicular, rectal, or colon.    Regardless my conduct was below what is expected from the PB 4.2 brand and you have my reserved apology.   

Boostin Kev  - For suggesting he was a poor forum member and suggesting it would be funny if be developed lupus.   You're actually my YPOTY.    A fine forum member.   

I'm hoping some of the forum users accept my confessional and that it inspires others to produce a tight harmonious football forum.   

32 minutes ago, sjc said:

@Jimmy85 will need an entire vineyard if he starts offering olive branches......

I’m assuming this is a whoosh.

More often than not I’m on the receiving end of the vitriolic abuse! I’ll happily concede that on occasion I’ve retaliated but I can’t recall a single occasion where I have been the aggressor. 

If posters wish to apologise to me I’ll consider them on a case by case basis. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

I’m assuming this is a whoosh.

More often than not I’m on the receiving end of the vitriolic abuse! I’ll happily concede that on occasion I’ve retaliated but I can’t recall a single occasion where I have been the aggressor. 

If posters wish to apologise to me I’ll consider them on a case by case basis. 

You're quite right Jimmy. I can only apologise for my baseless allegation and offer my own humble olive branch in return.......

7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I thought this thread was going to be about local co-op’s or something and comparing who has the “best” stuff.

Olives could be an emotive subject for P&B. Many an olive-avoiding deviant could be outed and duly ostracised.

Olives could be an emotive subject for P&B. Many an olive-avoiding deviant could be outed and duly ostracised.

It could indeed well be! Olives seem to be held in quite high regard and thought of as middle class and posh, imo. Personally, I think they’re horrible, slimy little shit grapes. Would much rather grapes accompany my cheese board than olives actually, but it takes all sorts.

Archived