Berwick Rangers v Stirling Albion

Poor performance from us today, had a couple of chances in the 1st half, great save from the Berwick keeper from a shot just outside the box which looked goal bound but he managed to parry it away to his side straight to an Albion player and he managed to miss the chance shooting straight into keepers hands. Other than the goal Berwick scored and a header which came off the bar for them their was not much in it in the 1sr half. 

Second half we did most of the attacking but could not find the net and so we lose our unbeaten away from home record this season. 

Still we have a chance on Tuesday night to go top again if we beat Peterhead. Need to improve if we are to get anything from this game. 

Berwick knew our game plan and dealt with it well. 2 men on Callumn was always gonna cause us problems.

Only positive is my boy Yellow Feet will have a great night beating the biggest and the best in the League. He deserves a good night out.

7 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Berwick knew our game plan and dealt with it well. 2 men on Callumn was always gonna cause us problems.

Only positive is my boy Yellow Feet will have a great night beating the biggest and the best in the League. He deserves a good night out.

To be fair to Calumn, he didn’t get good service, but you have to give berwick credit for that. They didn’t allow Stirling to really control the game. A draw probably fair on balance of play.

Just a really really good game. And a great display from a much changed Berwick side. Credit to both sides, but  personally, I thought we deserved the 3 points. I could be biased.

The crunching tackle from Robert Wilson on his first start since 1981, was worth the entrance fee on its own.

It was actually a really good game, which you can’t say often in League 2. I think we outfought them and everyone played well, especially the keeper. McKenna is on top form at the moment. Another great performance.

Let’s hope we can stay on the fringes of the playoffs until January and get a couple in to help us push on. We have our off days which we shouldn’t over react to. Robbie is doing a great job imo. Nobody can feel short changed after yesterday.

Archived