Queen's Park v East Fife

It's that time of the year. When the entire western civilisation decides to believe in a sixteen century old Greek bishop tale polished by rampant consumerism.  So surely a relatively small band of QP  fans can keep the belief that our favourites will one day score more goals than our opponents. Let the festivities begin lads. 

2-1 for the Glorious Hoops.

Ho, ho, ho!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These tend to be the games where we slip up but I've said it before and I'll say it again if we have any ambitions of making the playoffs we need to be beating Queens Park etc.. 

Last week if I'm not mistaken was the first time Duggan, Smith, Lamont and Wilkie played together and instantly you could see the improvement. If they can all stay fit I'd imagine last week won't be the last time we put 6 past a team. 

If everyone is fit and firing then I'd go with the same team, I think Greg Hurst has been unlucky as every time he's played he's impressed but nonetheless it's good to have options like him on the bench. 

I'll go 2-0 Fife, Duggan & Smith with the goals and hopefully the start of a decent run over the Christmas period! 

I would rather be playing Ayr or Arbroath tbh, after the weekends fantastic result just past with all its morale boosting benefits, do we want to be playing our traditional bogey team with the possibility of derailing all the recent good work???

37 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I would rather be playing Ayr or Arbroath tbh, after the weekends fantastic result just past with all its morale boosting benefits, do we want to be playing our traditional bogey team with the possibility of derailing all the recent good work???

You guys are gonna be fine.

Stick ons for the Play Offs, providing you can keep a settled squad.

Think you have too much for Queens....bogey side or no' !!

8 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

You guys are gonna be fine.

Stick ons for the Play Offs, providing you can keep a settled squad.

Think you have too much for Queens....bogey side or no' !!

Hope so!!!

Detailing!!, you just can't help yourself. Ha ha

I think it's perfect to be playing our bogey team after destroying Airdrie! Confidence is high and if we play well we should have enough about us to claim the 3 points. Queens Park have lost their last 5 games and are 4 points adrift at the bottom of league so we should be looking at winning these games if we're to make the play offs! It won't be a walk in the park though as Queens are well organised and are fighting for their lives so we will have to be at our best to beat them. As always, any win will do. ????

Having just read the OW preview for tomorrow's game I wonder why they bother?. The main point from the in depth interview with our leader is that we must start to score more goals - really?. No mention of team selection or injuries - nothing to raise spirits and a couple of paragraphs of library quotes like “That said it’s a game we very much look forward to and it’s one where we will be doing all we can to take something from it. It’s important we compete from the start and take our chances if and when they come our way.” 

Add this plus a photo of the player that basically put us to the sword last week kinda tops it all ----- must do better methinks.

Seen a post of Facebook earlier and QP have us on their mantlepiece! Hopefully that will change today! Mon the Fife

Aye, you're this season's Clyde!

I was quite encouraged by the display last week. Hopefully we've bounced off the rock bottom of a few weeks ago. Desperately need a goal or two to take pressure off the defence.

Galt in a good run of form and a bit steadier at the back. The fightback starts today.........

Having just read the OW preview for tomorrow's game I wonder why they bother?. The main point from the in depth interview with our leader is that we must start to score more goals - really?. No mention of team selection or injuries - nothing to raise spirits and a couple of paragraphs of library quotes like “That said it’s a game we very much look forward to and it’s one where we will be doing all we can to take something from it. It’s important we compete from the start and take our chances if and when they come our way.” 
Add this plus a photo of the player that basically put us to the sword last week kinda tops it all ----- must do better methinks.

Interesting observation BoW. Post match interviews have been on loop for a while too. Seems like the whole show is stuck in a trench at the moment. Hopefully someone on the pitch finds the motivation to do better. Times of trouble can be an opportunity for some. Only when it's dark can you find the light.

Fucking hell, Seven subs named!!!
We ever had that before???
Linton back on the bench that means Slattery is our only injured player now!!!
Very nearly no excuses time!!!

HT
Queens Park 1-1 East Fife

Thought the game started quite brightly both teams trying to knock it about but since the goals it's really turned into a turgid heap of poo!!!

Archived