Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

Great to see so many Airdrie players get a mention. Pity we don’t have anyone who grinds the gears as much now. McGivern at Falkirk back in the late 80s early 90s. Sure that was his name. A pain in the arse ginger used to annoy the life out of me. Watson at Dunfermline till he came to us anyway. Must be a ginger thing. The daddy of them all though? Norrie McCathie without a doubt.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Always, always thought Steve "Spider" Ramsey was a detestable little shitehawk when he played with Alloa, a really nasty/dirty piece of work!!!

But then we went and signed him and I thought he was great and he quickly became a firm favourite with the Fife fans with his 100% commitment and effort, then he left, went to Berwick and became a detestable little shitehawk again!!!

It just shows the vagaries of defining a footballers character, one man's meat is another man's poison and all that!!!

Same but reversed..

The warm fuzzy glow I get around my heart when everyone mentions Airdrie. God I loved those teams [emoji173]️[emoji815]️

Seems many of ours fans these days and want to ditch those memories and become some non descript, cuddly toy club like all the rest.

There is nothing more cringey than football supporters who are desperate to be liked and pals with everyone.

Give me being hated and regarded as scum any day of the week [emoji106]

Seems many of ours fans these days and want to ditch those memories and become some non descript, cuddly toy club like all the rest.

There is nothing more cringey than football supporters who are desperate to be liked and pals with everyone.

Give me being hated and regarded as scum any day of the week [emoji106]

Nothing better than when you tell someone you’re a diamond and they tell you they hate us. Smashing!

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 06:45, Beastie Russell said:

90% of Alex McDonalds Airdrie team & John Pelosi

Probably something to do with the fact that they used to hump your team, every time you played against them. :thumsup2 

John Martin, Paul McGrillen, Jimmy Sandison, Andy Smith, Kenny Black

Callum Campbell, George McClusky,

Michael Moore, David Moss, Tom Brown

Ray Montgomery who was the ugliest man in association football

My favourite part of his sending off is his stupid face just before he fowls Hurst

7 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Seems like a lifetime ago since we had any relevance.

As far as I recall, you didn't exist 'a lifetme ago'

Between your formation in 1964 and today, you've been known as "E.S. Clydebank",  "Clydebank" "Airdrie United" & "Airdrieonians"

You had no significant relevance under any of these names, just like today.

HTH

How has no one mentioned Jim Goodwin yet! On his normal day he’s annoying never mind the game where he scored an own goal injured our captain who is still out injured and got sent off, all in less than half an hour.

The absolute seethe that he induced from Ayr fans (most of them right next to me) earlier on this season when we played Alloa was incredible.

He hit the deck at every opportunity trying to waste as much time as possible. Still, we scored in the 4th minute of injury time so it sorta backfired.

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

My favourite part of his sending off is his stupid face just before he fowls Hurst

You could just have said, "I hate Airdrie" and saved all that typing. :blink:

i'll second Jim Goodwin - awful

But the Diamonds who have not been mentioned who must have irritated many (although you'll need to be oldish to know them)

Evan Balfour - made Kenny Black look tame

Jim March - nice player but scary looking

Paul Jonquin - not a subtle bone in his body

Some good shouts from that despicable Kilmarnock side of the early/mid 90s. Montgomery, McCluskey, Brown, Mark Roberts and Bobby Williamson stick out for me. There are probably one or two others who I've forgotten as well.

Such a shame that we beat them to the title by about 12 points that 92/93 season.

i'll second Jim Goodwin - awful
But the Diamonds who have not been mentioned who must have irritated many (although you'll need to be oldish to know them)
Evan Balfour - made Kenny Black look tame
Jim March - nice player but scary looking
Paul Jonquin - not a subtle bone in his body

Strong username to top vote correlation

Archived