Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The absolute seethe that he induced from Ayr fans (most of them right next to me) earlier on this season when we played Alloa was incredible.

He hit the deck at every opportunity trying to waste as much time as possible. Still, we scored in the 4th minute of injury time so it sorta backfired.

Don't think he was trying to waste time, m8. Think he was just f*cked.

Always, always thought Steve "Spider" Ramsey was a detestable little shitehawk when he played with Alloa, a really nasty/dirty piece of work!!!
But then we went and signed him and I thought he was great and he quickly became a firm favourite with the Fife fans with his 100% commitment and effort, then he left, went to Berwick and became a detestable little shitehawk again!!!
It just shows the vagaries of defining a footballers character, one man's meat is another man's poison and all that!!!

Nah, you've got mixed up. The only time in his entire senior career when he wasn't a "detestable little shitehawk" was when he played for us under Vinnie Moore on the pre-season tour of Ireland in 1997, between East Stirlingshire and returning to Alloa. [emoji6]

John Martin, Paul McGrillen, Jimmy Sandison, Andy Smith, Kenny Black
Callum Campbell, George McClusky,
Michael Moore, David Moss, Tom Brown
Ray Montgomery who was the ugliest man in association football

My favourite part of his sending off is his stupid face just before he fowls Hurst

No, it was when he slevered all over Wullie Young's notebook.

Gary Holt rates a mention. Useless, ginger tosser.

I have several (Some were just good players, others I just hated coming up against them!) 

John Brown (Dundee)
John Hughes (Falkirk)
Stevie Fulton (Falkirk)
Rab McKinnon (Motherwell)
Mo Johnston (Falkirk)
Sammy Conn (Airdrie)
Chic Charnley (Thistle) 
Peter Grant (Celtic) 
Scott Brown (Celtic) 
Andy Smith (Airdrie and Dunfermline)
Alex McLeish (Motherwell)
Theo Snelders (Aberdeen) 
Kris Boyd (Killie) 
Barry Ferguson (Rangers) 

Never really understood why John Martin got the abuse he did but I only started early 90s

Chic Charnley been said a few times? Nah. Always remember him turning back to jeers of “Chic you can park a bus in the shadow of yer arse”. He turned to our fans and said “what about Stainrod? Park the Stranraer ferry in that f@cker”. Now that was comedy, so nae hate. 

Archived