Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

Hi lads, I know some of you don't frequent the Prem forum so thought I'd post this up on here as well. I don't want to clog up the forums with the same thread though (So I'll probably delete the post on this forum in a couple of days so that everyone has had a chance to have a look) so if you want to comment, please post here:

Votes are only accepted if they are PM'd to me.

In the same vein as the 'Top 50 Worst Posters', 'Top 50 Best Films', 'Top 50 Horror Films and 'Top 50 Biggest Fud's on P&B' I thought that we actually do a 'football' related one. Some time ago, someone tried to do a 'Top 50 players' one but it never took off, as people just voted for their clubs current players.  Hate is such a strong word, but some players just grind our gears, if hate is too strong, then severe dislike may be more apt. 

Vote for your top 10 most hated players to have played in Scottish football. Number these 1-10 and send the PM to myself. 1 being your most hated, 10 being the 10th most hated. You can cast your mind as far back as you like and use whatever logic you like. They do not have to have played in the top flight but they do have to have played professionally - That's my only rule. Depending on the uptake towards this, I may reduce it to top 20/15/10 dependent on how many people vote.

Feel free to discuss some contenders to keep the thread up the top so that people can see it, but try to refrain from posting your full list for now!

Scoring is as follows: 1st = 10 points, 2nd = 9 points, 3rd = 8 points and so forth.

In the event of a tie, the poster who has appeared on more different lists. If there is still a tie after this, then the poster with most 1st places will be given priority, then most 2nd places, then most 3rd places and so on.

Deadline is Sunday 10th December.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I would say I hated them but the five dirtiest players I've seen were

Gregor Stevens

Alan Mackin

Steve Ramsay

Kenny Black

Allan Forsyth

Mick McManus wasn't particularly dirty, just always seemed to get sent off against us - so I quite enjoyed watching him...

Saw Kenny black's name crop up a few times.   

All I can say is that for 7 or 8 years he was the best, by far midfielder I saw at my club in 41 years.   Hard?  Definitely.   Dirty?  I'm not so sure.    You definitely wouldn't get in a battle with him though.   We did havs some dirty players.   Sweeney was one tbh.  

Kenny was comfy on the ball but also just so damn competitive, great defending from midfield.   I know it's probably just my old age but it pains me to see what passes for a footballer now.   I'd give my right testicle to see players like that again instead of the pish, lab produced,  test tube footballers we have now.

Always, always thought Steve "Spider" Ramsey was a detestable little shitehawk when he played with Alloa, a really nasty/dirty piece of work!!!

But then we went and signed him and I thought he was great and he quickly became a firm favourite with the Fife fans with his 100% commitment and effort, then he left, went to Berwick and became a detestable little shitehawk again!!!

It just shows the vagaries of defining a footballers character, one man's meat is another man's poison and all that!!!

Hard to say I hate any player from other clubs. If it is those who annoyed me I did think of Gregor Stevens quite quickly. Will spend some time thinking.

I used to work with his son, also named Gregor. The football genes certainly passed to him, hard as nails - couldn't get passed him without a bruised thigh or two. Nice guy though.

Used to hate when Gerry Britton and George Shaw played for Dundee/Thistle/Dunfermline. Got the feeling they always scored against us. Warren Hawke too for the same reason.

I'll throw in a management team - Bert Paton and Dick Campbell.

Archived