Things that infuriate football fans, but not you.

J_Stewart

Generally speaking, football players diving appears to make the vast majority of football fans absolutely apoplectic with rage, but it has never bothered me in any way, shape or form whilst either playing or watching, and I've never viewed it as anything worse than claiming for a corner / throw-in you know isn't yours for example. Similarly, 'waving imaginary cards' or half-time shirt swapping draws incredible amounts of ire, and yet I've never understood the outrage, if anything, I find most of what's considered 'shithousery' in football to be pretty entertaining.

What are some of the things in football that drive people mental that you find baffling? Alternatively, what are the things that wind you up that no-one else seems to care much about?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stealing yards at a throw-in always gets the mouth-breathers incandescent with rage and so should be actively encouraged because of the reactions it gets. 

Opposition goalies sneaking an extra 10 seconds or so at goal kicks when they’re defending a lead. Fellow United fans seem to turn their rage setting up to eleven whenever this happens whereas I just tend to think ‘fair play - i’d do the same’.

Edit - Also opposition player placing the ball a fraction of an inch outside the quadrant at corners. I’ve seen grown men reach nuclear levels of seethe at such an act.

37 minutes ago, smpar said:

Stealing yards at a throw-in always gets the mouth-breathers incandescent with rage and so should be actively encouraged because of the reactions it gets. 

Always gets  the morons in the wee stand East end park fair worked up anyway. 

Players that celebrate in front of opposition fans.

It's absolutely fantastic watching middle aged men foam at the mouth with seethe directed at someone far more talented than they'll ever be. Fully endorse anyone who does it. In fact I actually hope that Derek Lyle does it when he inevitably scores against us tonight.

Folk smoking in the toilets. Some find it heinous. Others as a moment of anthropological joy. View the beasts, dear, burning their Virginian weed, sucking it deep into their soft tissues, whilst all around them the chattel empty their bladders into metal wall-mounts. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Sergio Ramos' perpetual shithousery. Glorious seethe. 

57 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

James McClean’s existence.

31 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's absolutely fantastic watching middle aged men foam at the mouth with seethe directed at someone far more talented than they'll ever be. Fully endorse anyone who does it. In fact I actually hope that Derek Lyle does it when he inevitably scores against us tonight.

Some good shouts here.

Don't think I could guess to the nearest hundred how many times I've been stood beside some raging slaver dishing out all kinds of abuse, only to lose his mind at someone celebrating in his vague direction. Not sure how people get through life if some 20 year old cupping their ears causes genuine rage.

I'm personally quite upset if a Hibs player celebrates a derby goal in front of us instead of the Hearts end, so I'm not going to have a wee greet about someone getting it up our fans.

Shirt-pulling/wrestling at corners. I'd genuinely like to see more of it in the game.

The absolute seethe from Celtic fans when Stephan Lichtsteiner refused to just let Gary Hooper stand in front of Buffon was glorious.

I'd mute the audio on that if you happen to watch it.

i'm infuriated to the point of spitting apoplexy by folk who drivel on about games being "ruined by a sending off"; no they're not, you fucking tool - they're instantly gifted the potential of become richly entertaining in a massively wide variety of amusing ways

if you prefer the perfect symmetry of a beautifully balanced match up between two equally talented sides striving manfully to overcome one another, then you're a massive arsehole of the highest order - piss off and play FIFA17 (girls non-contact edition) - give me ten men battling like f**k to overcome the perceived injustice of a shite refereeing decision, or the side benefitting from having one of their own scythed in half by a hideous red-card challenge battering numerically-enfeebled opponents with a torrent of gloriously righteous and cathartic goals any time; chuck in disharmony and ferment on the terraces, the possibility of yet another crap decision as the officials look to "even the score", petulance, vindictive fouls of retribution and all the other glories of proper balls-out football and i'm a seething, swearing, tumescent and very happy little bunny

ruins the game, indeed - shut up, you c***s...

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's fucking glorious.  Iain Vigurs for County against Caley when he didn't even score:

Cn1hNNtW8AEpEzO.jpg

Archived