Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:12, gannonball said:

Thats where I think Nearly all the votes would come from. I don’t know why they throw a hissyfit usually at the mention of his (Caldwells) name. Fernandez was  at the tail end of his career after picking up two pay off packages as he wasnt the most professional, he looked like he put on about two stone at Celtic. It was a horribly mis timed challenge by Caldwell but I cant have too much sympathy for him.

Apparently hes a scout for Man City now according to wiki?

Fernandez was absolutely flying for us that season....Caldwell effectively ended his career.

Had it been a Killie player on a Celtic player you'd never hear the end of it.

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Fernandez was absolutely flying for us that season....Caldwell effectively ended his career.

Had it been a Killie player on a Celtic player you'd never hear the end of it.

He was having a purple patch then yes. I also really liked seeing him playing for Livi as his vision was a cut above most in the SPL.

His professionalism though was sub par, even by  mediocre Scottish football levels. Which is why as much as you dont want to see a player injured, why should I be bothered about his career if he clearly wasnt that fussed either.

My other point was the challenge itself. It was bad yes but really just  mistimed and have seen far far worse attempts in Scottish football, unfortunately for Fernandez this one effectively ended his career.

Lido ffs hurry up and give us the result!

Nah. It's better to have you stew and provoke discussion. Plus, I'm a lazy b*****d. Should hopefully get 2 or 3 names up today though.

Not sure if it's true or not but I recall hearing a story about Main in his St Johnstone years when he got POTY. I believe he pissed off the very fans that had voted for him at the annual get together and ended up on the floor covered in said fans piddle in the toilets. Did this actually happen?

=41. Andy Walker - 19 points.

andy-walker-celtic-rangers-scottish-cup_

Possibly the most cringe inducing pundit since Packie Bonner.  The poor man's Gary Neville as Scott Brown once described him, this is a man that features in this list more due to his abysmal commentary skills than his average playing career based on the comments I received about him.

Best moment?

hqdefault.jpg

Probably the shambles that was Scotsport.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

=39. Kirk Broadfoot - 20 points.

_53943260_broadfoot466.jpg

Fairly inoffensive to me, yet he nets a place ahead of Alan Main. Go figure.

Best moment?

Egg. On. Face. Literally.

Vile bigot

Broadfoot was born into a Protestant family in Ayrshire and is known to be a staunch supporters of certain cultural traditions relating to his religion.

Ten game ban for sectarian abuse. Longest ban ever awardedin English league football for verbal abuse.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

=41. Andy Walker - 19 points.

andy-walker-celtic-rangers-scottish-cup_

Possibly the most cringe inducing pundit since Packie Bonner.  The poor man's Gary Neville as Scott Brown once described him, this is a man that features in this list more due to his abysmal commentary skills than his average playing career based on the comments I received about him.

Best moment?

hqdefault.jpg

Probably the shambles that was Scotsport.

He said a few weeks ago on sky sports that it was only somebodys foot that was offside, fucking diddy

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wasn't aware of that, quite shocked at that!

It's actually the main reason I had him on my list (apart from being an Ex-Ranger obviously).  Even though this incident happened in English football it exposed his true colours

49 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

It's actually the main reason I had him on my list (apart from being an Ex-Ranger obviously).  Even though this incident happened in English football it exposed his true colours

Broadfoot’s case for his defence.

To this day, Broadfoot is still stunned at the outcome of the “investigation”.

He vehemently denies that he's a bigot, but the 31-year-old is unable to convey his side of the story in public for fear of the ban being repeated.

“I’ve had huge support, especially from Steve who is a massive Celtic fan.

Whataboutery as Stevie Evans is a piece of shite in his own right irrespective of who he supported as a kid.

The Record didn’t even report it as a sectarian offence.

Edited by jagfox99