Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

Other than being a junkie f**k, I never really understood the hate for Lyle. Mixu is a guy I genuinely liked. Buckled under pressure as a manager, but all that means is that he's human and wasn't cut out for it.
This list better improve.

Nobody gives a single f**k

14 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Other than being a junkie f**k, I never really understood the hate for Lyle. Mixu is a guy I genuinely liked. Buckled under pressure as a manager, but all that means is that he's human and wasn't cut out for it.

This list better improve.

“This list, of which I had an equal vote in, had better start accurately reflecting my, and only my, perception or I’ll log off in a huff” 

aye ok DomDom

=48. Jamie Hamill - 16 points.

6912092.jpg

Does a face scream 'Wannabe hard man?' more than Jamie Hamill's? I've personally never had a problem with Hamill, but the collective of P&B obviously have done. He's never performed against Dundee often enough for him to be noticed really. I was actually shocked to find out that he's still plugging away with Stranraer these days. He's only 31 FFS.

Hamill's best moment? Unquestionably:

=48. Peter Grant - 16 points.

14883-zoom.jpg

I can't remember too much about Peter Grant Snr. He was just leaving Celtic as I was just getting into football. As a coach - his high points are probably appointing Jim Duffy as assistant at Norwich, and getting sacked. And getting sacked whilst first team coach to Mowbray's Celtic. Can't say much more, so will leave it to the guys that voted for him to comment on why he's so despicable.

I've no greatest moment of Peter Grant, so here's a picture of him with a sledgehammer.

GW507H567

Thank you.

(1 more to come in this spot, will be posted tomorrow).

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

=48. Derek Lyle - 16 points.

1290323.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=280&h

Perma-tanned Derek Lyle. Here's just a few examples of why he's made this list: Link.    And another.

His time at my own club is fondly remembered as he signed a PCA with our fellow title challengers Hamilton, then 'fell through a table' so he was injured for weeks after (There was a few rumours of unsavory nature as to how this incident occurred at the time) before finally realising he wasn't getting on as a sub in the final day game against Hamilton (Which was just a Hamilton celebration), which led to him telling the Dundee bench to f**k off, running over to the Hamilton support, giving them a clap before fucking off down the tunnel. Classic tangoman.

I can only talk from my own experiences of Lyle, but I'm sure there's many that have other experiences as it wasn't just Dundee fans that voted for this one!

I can remember when Morton had Ian Clinging. Now it looks like they also had A Klingon

klingon.jpg.61aaf7a0d7912cfcfad326767a951e2c.jpg

8 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Where did I say I'd log off? Or is that you doing your usual overreacting to every little thing?

You're always arguing with someone, learn to get along with people better.

=48. Scott Bain - 16 points.

5922d5ccc9a11-e1495455922182.jpg

Shocked to see Bain make the list, but make the list he does. A man that left Aberdeen with rumours over a questionable attitude. He superbly put his career back on track at Alloa and moved along with Paul Hartley to Dundee. A keeper who's ability has never been in question, but his attitude has led to a sharp decline in his form. Firstly, he pulled out of the Scotland squad, the first time he was called up over an injury, but then shortly after uploaded pictures of himself abroad on the lash. Absolutely nothing wrong with that in my opinion - but it was the first insight into a perceived attitude problem. Bain started to have regular, and by regular, I mean every game, arguments with the home fans. It culminated when at the FT whistle after performing a comeback against Hearts, he sprinted from the other side of the pitch to cup his ears towards the Dundee crowd. Then there was the bust-up with Paul Hartley. Bain's close mate Kevin Thomson had left the club and Bain made it clear to Hartley he wouldn't sign a new deal which culminated in Hartley coming out and saying he wouldn't even be asking Bain if he wanted to sign a new deal as it's clear he doesn't want to be here. Bain also took to Twitter to slate fans and posted bizarre messages which suggested a broken relationship with him and the dressing room before quickly deleting them again.

New season, new manager and to begin with, a new Bain. Everything looked to be getting back on track and McCann was optimistic about Bain signing a new contract. Bain's performances picked up ever so slightly - still not hitting the heights of his first season, but better. Then... It all fell to pieces. An argument at HT with McCann led to Parish getting stripped before Bain apparently 'refused' (This is just rumour from here on in) to come off, so there was the weird situation of Parish just sitting back down on the bench. Bain's not played for Dundee again since that day, and his Dundee career is over. He's fell out with the 2 senior managers he's had, pulled out of Scotland squads and there's been all sorts of other rumours about him (Which I won't post, but a browse through the various Dee forums will show).

Best Bain Moment? Certainly not his attempts at saving pens anyways.

=44. Henrik Larsson - 17 points.

larsson.jpg

The people who voted for arguably Scottish football's finest import admitted that it was just because the guy scored so often against their respective clubs. The tongue out celebration was annoying, but his talent was unquestionable.

Best moment? Well, here's his 242 goals for Celtic.

=44. Lee Mair - 17 points.

celtics-henrik-larsson-holds-off-dundees

One of the few times that Mair will be able to be considered Larsson's equal is in this poll.  The 8 pointer, Jim Duffy absolutely hated Lee Mair at one point. See more here: Link. And is now well hated by the Dundee faithful. I'd imagine he's hated by most of his other club's fans as well due to being a piss poor CH.

Best moment?