Tail of the Bank v The Hedge

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, because that philosophy really worked out well for the Scotland World Cup squad in 1978, or the Morton 'Spectacular Collapse' team of 2003/04. 
The Famous will need to play much better in our next few games to get decent results, as it was very laboured stuff for about the middle sixty minutes of the game. I'm concerned that Duffy will now use the failed mantra of 'we can't change a winning team', when a lineup that can sword Falkirk and Brechin isn't necessarily equipped to turn over Dundee United this weekend. If we give better opposition the same time and space that we have been affording them in recent weeks then we'll get punished. I'd switch to a 3-5-2 to play all our available central defenders in their proper positions and allow us to bring Tidser into the midfield.  
Brechin were woeful: somehow worse than Falkirk and down there with Edinburgh City as the worst rabble I've seen this season. Given that they couldn't even pull off their traditional, 0-2 shanfest at Cappielow - and looked completely demoralised  in the closing stages after back to back shoeings - I can't see them winning a league game for the rest of the season. 

What a load of lang winded pish[emoji41]

1 hour ago, virginton said:

No, it was down to them being a bunch of boozed-up, unprofessional wasters. 

Good to see a milked up perma student socking it to those part-time pros. Two jobs is better than none chump.

What a load of lang winded pish[emoji41]

He is correct though, Edinburgh, Berwick and Brechin are the worst teams we've played in the last few years. Utter pish and devoid of talent. League 2 for you lot in under 3 seasons

16 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

https://t.co/mwQwNMzyco?amp=1

Just what the f**k is that penalty for?! Horrendous decision.

Worst decision in the history of penalties.  Sad that it took a cheating b*****d ref to swing the game in Morton's favour given that Brechin are alledgedly one of  the worst teams they have faced in recent years. 

Where was that stone waller in the highlights that everyone goes on about ?  Surely if it was as stone wall they would have shown it ? 

Worst decision in the history of penalties.  Sad that it took a cheating b*****d ref to swing the game in Morton's favour given that Brechin are alledgedly one of  the worst teams they have faced in recent years. 
Where was that stone waller in the highlights that everyone goes on about ?  Surely if it was as stone wall they would have shown it ? 

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] back in your box diddy

35 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

https://t.co/mwQwNMzyco?amp=1

Just what the f**k is that penalty for?! Horrendous decision.

Yes a bit of a worry, two free penalties in the last two games. United odds of for a favourites soft award as they say it balances out over the season. 

Sadly while it killed you off a bit of an overstatement saying it swung the game in our favour it was mainly one way traffic and scoring was only kept sane by some great goal keeping.

6 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Yes a bit of a worry, two free penalties in the last two games. United odds of for a favourites soft award as they say it balances out over the season. 

Sadly while it killed you off a bit of an overstatement saying it swung the game in our favour it was mainly one way traffic and scoring was only kept sane by some great goal keeping.

All the  goal scoring chances fell in the last 10 - 15 mins .....after the penalty.   Before that it was a fairly basic midfield battle in which you lot admittedly had a fair share of possession but were limited to long range shooting .  Although our chances were few and far between , we were always in the game at 2-1.  

To be perfectly honest all 4 Morton goals had a fair bit of luck about them , the last 2 particularly so. 

On 12/2/2017 at 15:51, AyrshireTon said:

Loads of possession but other than the early goal and a brief bout of ping pong, we had little to show for it. O’Ware had been giving it away cheaply and did again for the equaliser. Pleased to see Tiffoney get a goal, but there’s no way he meant that effort....

Just as I said. 

Was keeping my thought s about game to myself as I was nt there but c mon that's never a penalty . No even a tackle it's like an 8 year old laddie pulling out of a tackle at his 7 a sides . On a plus note good finish from Isaac his stock is rising weekly [emoji3]. ..
I m afraid I agree with some TON fans we need to start playing a bit more fitba though. Hey ho 1 home game outta 5 games and it's against St Mirren [emoji47].

Archived