Tail of the Bank v The Hedge

4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Still to see that stonewaller.........................even your video guy appears to have missed it . 

45 seconds in..

If a player dives in late on a player after he's passed the ball away it's a foul anywhere else on the pitch. No different here.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Wow!!!   No wonder I missed that .  You are clutching more straws than Scott Sinclair pleading he didn't dive !!! :lol:

The penalty you did get though looks even more ridiculous in these shots.  

I’m still not entirely sure why the penalty was given but we were denied a stonewaller in the first half so the ref made up for his error :) 

Lucky right enough.

Only 62% possession, 17 shots at goal, 10 on target and 12 corners, Compared to Brechin's 38%, 6, 3 and 1. Definitely lucky. Possession at around halfway through 1st half was 70:30.

It’s theoriginalhedge’s way. I seem to remember the same bravado from him about us getting a dodgy penalty against them when we had our wee holiday down in League One before he was put back in his box once the footage showed Declan McManus had been clearly tripped in the box.

He had a bit of a head’s gone after that one about the Morton fans at that game too iirc, something he’s still to back up with any evidence.

25 minutes ago, stu_mfc said:

Lucky right enough.

Only 62% possession, 17 shots at goal, 10 on target and 12 corners, Compared to Brechin's 38%, 6, 3 and 1. Definitely lucky. Possession at around halfway through 1st half was 70:30.

The bulk of those shots came in the last 10-15 mins when the Brechin heads had gone down as that last video clearly shows. 

No one is arguing about the possession part  but most of that possession was in the middle of the park  with very little chances created as Ayrshire Ton pointed out .  This was when we felt that we had a chance because of our recent  second half form .  The penalty fucked things completely  though . 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The bulk of those shots came in the last 10-15 mins when the Brechin heads had gone down as that last video clearly shows. 

No one is arguing about the possession part  but most of that possession was in the middle of the park  with very little chances created as Ayrshire Ton pointed out .  This was when we felt that we had a chance because of our recent  second half form .  The penalty fucked things completely  though . 

The penalty not given fucked things up considering the game would likely have been put to bed before half time. Which makes the very soft penalty given all the more confusing.

57 minutes ago, tonnitus said:

Brechin fans greeting about a penalty, after losing by a 3-goal margin.

You lot and the seaside league forums suit each other to a T...

God how I wish we were a big club.  Then we might get a fair crack of the whip !!! 

Edit... Surely we are not the first set of fans to bemoan our luck ? 

4 hours ago, stu_mfc said:

That's the point. You weren't unlucky... 

All the goals were avoidable . Three of them lucky , the first one speculative .  With a bit more luck then who knows ?  

But I have had a couple of days to get it out of the system .  On to the next one.  

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

All the goals were avoidable . Three of them lucky , the first one speculative .  With a bit more luck then who knows ?  

But I have had a couple of days to get it out of the system .  On to the next one.  

How much longer are we going to bemoan "our luck" or " the ref was rubbish" or "they were lucky" the league position does not lie although I do agree we should have picked up  more points in a few games. We are where we are because team is not good enough, our aim should now be not to have the lowest points total ever in this league, now that would be unlucky. Mon the City first win on Saturday we just need a bit of luck :whistle

10 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

How much longer are we going to bemoan "our luck" or " the ref was rubbish" or "they were lucky" the league position does not lie although I do agree we should have picked up  more points in a few games. We are where we are because team is not good enough, our aim should now be not to have the lowest points total ever in this league, now that would be unlucky. Mon the City first win on Saturday we just need a bit of luck :whistle

It might help if you actually tried to win games from the start through your own efforts rather merely than trying to contain the opposition and hoping for a lucky break. Go for it and make your own luck. One win and two gubbins is better than two draws and a low scoring defeat. 

It might help if you actually tried to win games from the start through your own efforts rather merely than trying to contain the opposition and hoping for a lucky break. Go for it and make your own luck. One win and two gubbins is better than two draws and a low scoring defeat. 

I agree there's gotta come a time when we start attacking more .We ve had a lot of near things with this approach but only resulted in 3points . I d say our players have stepped up to the mark better than I thought they would .It's a shame we ve not really got a home crowd puller over festive period to boost the coffers . We ve a helliva run of away games . Maybe sign more attack minded players in January and let the dead wood go

I agree there's gotta come a time when we start attacking more .We ve had a lot of near things with this approach but only resulted in 3points . I d say our players have stepped up to the mark better than I thought they would .It's a shame we ve not really got a home crowd puller over festive period to boost the coffers . We ve a helliva run of away games . Maybe sign more attack minded players in January and let the dead wood go

We set up every week to defend. When we attack we’ve not been far away. the lads have to play the way Dods wants so it’s his doing.im not asking for his head I just wish he would relax a bit with the defensive stuff. It hasn’t worked all season so you would think he would see that. I know a lot of the supporters would like us to have a bit more of an attacking formation

We set up every week to defend. When we attack we’ve not been far away. the lads have to play the way Dods wants so it’s his doing.im not asking for his head I just wish he would relax a bit with the defensive stuff. It hasn’t worked all season so you would think he would see that. I know a lot of the supporters would like us to have a bit more of an attacking formation

Get Fusco back in for Euan Smith , Mcgeever can't be far away , then put Euan Smith in midfield for a bit of muscle and height .
We know why Darrens playing defensive but there's gonna come a time when fans are gonna say enough s enough and sadly stay away . I won t but that's Brechin mentality

44 minutes ago, slangs said:

It’s about giving us fans something to go for especially the younger ones. The older fans are happy with effort and as long as the team does that they’re happy. We need to play a bit of football and believe in ourselves

A rather broad statement there .  We would all like free flowing attacking football , even us older ones ,   but we realise the limitations .   The standard of football on the whole hasn't been too bad , what has been frustrating is the number of cheap goals we have given away through lapses in concentration and the lack of a natural striker . 

We are in a league we did not expect to be in hence the preparation towards the end of the season was more of building and maintaining  a team capable of the play offs in league 1 .  Had we been in that league i am sure we would have been in a good commanding position at this stage with this group of players. As city1974 said  some of the Brechin support is very fickle and don't really appreciate what we have.  

Archived