Tail of the Bank v The Hedge

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuckin hell . Reading some of this pish makes my eyes bleed. 

Up until the alledged incident that merited a penalty we were right in the game .  The penalty finished the game as a contest.  Thank you Mr Newlands. Once again you have shown up the incompetence of the refereeing system in Scotland.    

Until that incident I thought we were well capable of getting a draw against a very average Ton side .   Contrary to opinion we weren't set up as defensively as some ( who were possibly not there ) tend to suggest.   A fortunate early goal set us back a little but we slowly got ourselves back in the game and deserved our equaliser, a well taken snap shot from Isaac.   Then we went to sleep just before half time and watched  as Tiffoney  dinked a simple one into the corner after a bit of ping pong in the box. 

The second half was evenly contested up until THAT decision , then it turned into a one sided affair as our lads obviously lost heart.  In no way did it ever look like descending into a kicking match as some have suggested and I am struggling to remember any other penalty incidents of note . All in all another  fairly routine , frustrating defeat against another fairly ordinary side. 

On the fun side though , it was good to eventually meet VT in the Norseman.  Cheers big fella for pinching my seat  . ;)

5 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Up until the alledged incident that merited a penalty we were right in the game .  The penalty finished the game as a contest.  Thank you Mr Newlands. Once again you have shown up the incompetence of the refereeing system in Scotland.    

Until that incident I thought we were well capable of getting a draw against a very average Ton side .   Contrary to opinion we weren't set up as defensively as some ( who were possibly not there ) tend to suggest.   A fortunate early goal set us back a little but we slowly got ourselves back in the game and deserved our equaliser, a well taken snap shot from Isaac.   Then we went to sleep just before half time and watched  as Tiffoney  dinked a simple one into the corner after a bit of ping pong in the box. 

The second half was evenly contested up until THAT decision , then it turned into a one sided affair as our lads obviously lost heart.  In no way did it ever look like descending into a kicking match as some have suggested and I am struggling to remember any other penalty incidents of note . All in all another  fairly routine , frustrating defeat against another fairly ordinary side. 

On the fun side though , it was good to eventually meet VT in the Norseman.  Cheers big fella for pinching my seat  . ;)

What way were you looking when Smith took out Thomson? Baffling decision not to give a penalty. 

On the game in general, I thought Morton should have been at least 2 up by the time Brechin scored, and could have scored more in the second half. The best you could say about Brechin was that for about half an hour or so in the middle of the match they didn't look completely out of it, but over the 90 minutes 4-1 flattered Brechin. 

Brechin were never up to much. They weren't unlucky to be behind at all and were actually very lucky it wasn't worse before equalizing with their only shot on target of the half. 

Their keeper turned into Buffon for the last 10 minutes to prevent a proper rout as well.

I don't say any of that to disparage Brechin as this division is too tough for them this season but they were pumped today. The referee was little to do with it other than missing clear penalties before the one he awarded.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Brechin were never up to much. They weren't unlucky to be behind at all and were actually very lucky it wasn't worse before equalizing with their only shot on target of the half. 

Their keeper turned into Buffon for the last 10 minutes to prevent a proper rout as well.

I don't say any of that to disparage Brechin as this division is too tough for them this season but they were pumped today. The referee was little to do with it other than missing clear penalties before the one he awarded.

Other than the goal  , did Buzz actually have a save to make  before our equaliser ? 

40 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Hiya Isaac. Hiya pal. :) 

3 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

What's the chances of my lot getting a win there next week chaps?

Ooft not much tbh. We only fluked our way to winning 4-1 today.

5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Hawd yer wheesht. Yies got pumped. 

We re always gonna have a run of games where we probably get a few doings . How long till big Mcgeever s back ? Surely Fusco should be in he was going great ( Buckie aside ) , How was Jacko s wee cameo ? Has Ally Love been frozen out ?

On the fun side though , it was good to eventually meet VT in the Norseman.  Cheers big fella for pinching my seat  . [emoji6]

I was there alright watching stuff you seem to be happy with another poor effort against an average side

We re always gonna have a run of games where we probably get a few doings . How long till big Mcgeever s back ? Surely Fusco should be in he was going great ( Buckie aside ) , How was Jacko s wee cameo ? Has Ally Love been frozen out ?

Jacko got 10 mins no chance of getting into the game. another debatable decision by Dods.no good to Jacko or the team

Jacko got 10 mins no chance of getting into the game. another debatable decision by Dods.no good to Jacko or the team

Jacko has been out injured for a few months I think the point in put him on was to give him a run out not to change the game he's not match fit yet

That's Darrens tactics defend all first half then try and attack 2nd half . Why's Fusco dropped ? Why's Sinclair dropped ? Watty and Smithy are nt match fit. Can't speak about today's game as was nt there .Just an observation

Was Watty your number 11? cracking set of tits on him.

Archived