Tail of the Bank v The Hedge

Well great opportunity to record two wins on the trot.

While Brechin did well to halt the Dundee all stars on Saturday I fear the trip to Inverness will well bugger them.

With young Scot doing well on the wing and adding the required additional width and speed we should ease this one 2-0

Would give Thomson a further run at centre forward good goals at Inverness and Fawkirk merit the right to start and add Oliver's return to form should allow Jai a further weeks rest.

Lamie and captains form should see another clean sheet.

Feck it  lets call it 3-0

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Well great opportunity to record two wins on the trot.

While Brechin did well to halt the Dundee all stars on Saturday I fear the trip to Inverness will well bugger them.

With young Scot doing well on the wing and adding the required additional width and speed we should ease this one 2-0

Would give Thomson a further run at centre forward good goals at Inverness and Fawkirk merit the right to start and add Oliver's return to form should allow Jai a further weeks rest.

Lamie and captains form should see another clean sheet.

Feck it  lets call it 3-0

Aye poor Brechin . Imagine a part time team having to cope with two games in a week !   :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Aye poor Brechin . Imagine a part time team having to cope with two games in a week !   :rolleyes:

I was thinking soaked pitch, day less to prepare and travel demands.

Even Cunty used these demands and stated they where an extra hurdle prior to the Liverpool game on Saturday.

PS all the best in Inverness.

If you look at Brechin's last 8 or 9 results, they all have been really tight apart from 1 game so would be surprised if we pumped them but the 3rd game in a week might have an effect  in the later stages. 

We simply can't drop points here. No point in picking up points at Falkirk and Dunfermline and then failing to beat Brechin at home. A win and it sets us up nicely for DU at Cappielow the following week.

Hopefully Jai will be back in the squad going by Duffy's comments on Sat and that would be a massive boast. Will give us 4 options up top again and allow us to have a couple of attacking options on the bench.

Add in Luca being available again and Tidser back, our bench will certainly look stronger than it has done in recent weeks. 

2-0. Thomson and McHugh.

32 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

I was thinking soaked pitch, day less to prepare and travel demands.

Even Cunty used these demands and stated they where an extra hurdle prior to the Liverpool game on Saturday.

PS all the best in Inverness.

Aye it does all mount up right enough but I think spirits are high at the moment and hopefully the momentum will carry us through.  You can never tell though. 

Looking forward to another good day out anyway.  Cappielow is one of my favourite grounds to visit .....plus we always seem to up our game there. 

Think I will give Inverness a miss though.  Not the best place for visiting fans at the best of times let alone a cold Tuesday night 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Aye it does all mount up right enough but I think spirits are high at the moment and hopefully the momentum will carry us through.  You can never tell though. 

Looking forward to another good day out anyway.  Cappielow is one of my favourite grounds to visit .....plus we always seem to up our game there. 

Think I will give Inverness a miss though.  Not the best place for visiting fans at the best of times let alone a cold Tuesday night 

Had a quick look at the head to head and you do have a really good record at Cappielow.

Since the turn of the Millennium, we have played 7 games in Greenock- 1 Morton win,  2 draws and 4 Brechin wins.

This is a game that we tend to lose: usually 0-2 with a breakaway goal when a gormless Morton manager is playing 1-0-9 in the closing stages of the match. 

If it helps to relegate Falkirk this time then it would at least be beneficial to society. 

This is a game that we tend to lose: usually 0-2 with a breakaway goal when a gormless Morton manager is playing 1-0-9 in the closing stages of the match. 
If it helps to relegate Falkirk this time then it would at least be beneficial to society. 

Not this time around Wir Doomed Captain

On 28/11/2017 at 09:51, madton said:

If you look at Brechin's last 8 or 9 results, they all have been really tight apart from 1 game so would be surprised if we pumped them but the 3rd game in a week might have an effect  in the later stages. 

Make that 2 games!

Archived