I have the fear again

I always get the fear for a week before Sons come calling

At least the nightmare that is Gary Fleming won’t be there.

Oh Dear “that goal” still haunts me.

Sons are at their best again ,some of the results they get are incredible for a club of their resources 

I hope Moonster and Bring back paddy Flannery behave this time :thumsup2

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's this being played? I'd at least like to know whether or not the referee will have a decent changing room before I make a prediction on this game.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We've got Queens to deal with before our team of St Mirren rejects show you what you're missing. Just ponder the prospect of Scott Gallacher, Kyle Hutton, Tom Walsh and Calum Gallagher doing a lap of GIRUY at full time until then...

A bit on the gallus side for you

Some accumulator that 4 , having  a good game. Delusional I would say.

Gallacher (Dracula ) hates crosses 

Walsh ,,, I’ll give you him

C G ,,, open the gate FFS : what do you mean cross the ball?

Hutton ,, cumbersome at best, diddy  more probable

Sorry  Moonster try again

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We've got Queens to deal with before our team of St Mirren rejects show you what you're missing. Just ponder the prospect of Scott Gallacher, Kyle Hutton, Tom Walsh and Calum Gallagher doing a lap of GIRUY at full time until then...

You forgot to add Carswell too!

11 hours ago, Young gun said:

A bit on the gallus side for you

Some accumulator that 4 , having  a good game. Delusional I would say.

Gallacher (Dracula ) hates crosses 

Walsh ,,, I’ll give you him

C G ,,, open the gate FFS : what do you mean cross the ball?

Hutton ,, cumbersome at best, diddy  more probable

Sorry  Moonster try again

Anything to say about Carswell?  I've been asked to make up a poster for the dressing room wall.

5 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Lol I hope Hutton tears st mirren a new one as he's actually been pretty good for us in the past few weeks

I can't believe that you've actually said that. Hutton will be up against McGinn McShane Cammy Smith and Lewis Morgan, they must be shitting themselves......:lol:

Thought Hutton was easily our man of the match last night. Don't think anyone is saying he's better than the players St Mirren have, but he's certainly putting in the effort and been playing well for the last 4 weeks.

Our last 2 games have been good points but feeling like defeats. This will probably be the toughest away match, St Mirren know that winning their home games is imperative but I'm hopeful that we can frustrate them. Whether that's enough to get a point we'll see.

Hutton was totally gash for us i'd expect him to be better than he was for us.  You have to imagine there was a player in him somewhere wasn't long ago he was Queens player of the year.  

Looking forward to Saturday i'd take any sort of victory given how scrappy these games and Dumbarton usually come away with something when playing us.

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thought Hutton was easily our man of the match last night. Don't think anyone is saying he's better than the players St Mirren have, but he's certainly putting in the effort and been playing well for the last 4 weeks.

Our last 2 games have been good points but feeling like defeats. This will probably be the toughest away match, St Mirren know that winning their home games is imperative but I'm hopeful that we can frustrate them. Whether that's enough to get a point we'll see.

It won't be like last season where teams like Dumbarton would bully us in games, We showed last night against the agricultural tactics of Livi that we can match the most physical teams in this division, but still get the ball down and play decent football.

Harry Davis and Jack Baird strolled it last night as did McGinn and McShane. Lewis Morgan is different he's on another level and for most of the game Livi had 4 players defending against him. Hutton is going to be busy.

Hutton's been such a surprising one. He was truly awful at first; immobile, jumped out of tackles, constantly moaning, would only use his right-foot and, to be brutally honest, he became an empty jersey. Since the Brechin game however he's turned into some form of Scottish Xabi Alonso. He rarely gives away possession, he's started using his size to charge into tackles, he's produced some top notch long passes and crossfielders and last night he even almost scored!

I'm not sure if it's down to our management, perhaps specifically Durrant who'll know him inside out, or if it's because he's fully-fit and sharp for the first-time in a wee while, or if it's a mental thing where he's built his confidence right back up. Whatever it is he could end up being another one of our jobber elsewhere, excellent at the Rock success stories.

Fully expecting him to resort to Kyle Hutton 2017/18 V1.0 on Saturday now.

Archived