I have the fear again

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stelios sending off was utterly stupid and he deserved to go. Jack got it all wrong yesterday with the way he set the team up. Fair play to Aitken who once again got his game plan spot on.

We were absolutely rotten from start to finish but take nothing away from the sons who thouroughly deserved to win. Tom Walsh was excellent as was Hutton who rarely wasted a ball during the match. 

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Is 'Buddhist Monk' suggesting that red cards should only be given if there is intent?

No, that is you saying I am saying that. I am, on the other hand, saying that intent is part of the equation. Something I don't think anyone would disagree with.

I don't think you can blame Samson.
It's not far out and it's placed right in the corner.
Good finish rather than bad goalkeeping IMO.

From where I was sat I thought Samson couldnt see the ball for the defender. It certainly wasnt in the corner.

8 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

In your opinion. I'm not really sure what your "end game" is here. I've not been critical of the referee or his decision, nor of Dumbarton's win.

6 hours ago, Rock Hudson said:

This is a direct quote from the current FIFA Laws of the Game book.

Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and/or endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off”, no mention of intent there.
Hopefully this clears up your argument Buddhist Monk.

11 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

From where I was sat I thought Samson couldnt see the ball for the defender. It certainly wasnt in the corner.

You’d have had a better view than me or the camera.  If it was anything less than perfectly placed then yeah, Samson should take the blame as it wasn’t exactly hit with a lot of pace.

Edited after seeing the behind the goal view you just posted :-).

Yeah, it looks like he moves slightly to his right before Walsh hits it to his left.

Not a howler, but he probably would have expected to save it if he hadn’t guessed incorrectly just before the shot.

If you watch the footage of the sending off again, notice how Stelios makes a quarter turn when he's about a yard away from Wardrop and then leads with his elbow. He's got absolutely no intention of heading that ball. The referee is also perfectly positioned to make a judgement on it.

Archived