I have the fear again

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a win! Great performance too. And another welcome clean-sheet which will hopefully further boost our improving backline and goalkeeper. Gal not having a meaningful save to make says it all, really good defending throughout today.

Thought every one of our players was very good, Carswell and Hutton did well and kept the St. Mirren danger players really quiet.

The sending-off handed us the advantage but it was really pleasing that we took it. Walsh took his goal really well and deserved it after a terrific display, constantly tormented the St. Mirren defence.

Special mentions to Dowie, McLaughlin and Walsh who were outstanding and Nade ragdolling whoever that was in the corner with a 360 turn was as enjoyable as it was impressive.

A huge win for us and hopefully breeds more confidence. We're playing really well just now and we're competing with bigger, full-time sides and that's really brilliant to see just now. Long may it continue. Bad day at the office for St. Mirren. They'll be better than that for sure but very flat from them.

And great to have a good atmosphere with the lads with the drum, thumbs up to them, made a great bit of noise supporting the team.

What a performance from us. Everyone was tremendous. Hutton especially (hard lines St Mirren fans). Took my 5 year old to her first away game so she's chuffed at winning. Thanks to St Mirren for being an excellent host club with absolutely nae trouble before during or after the game. Great experience for her! 

Absolutely tremendous result today. I felt we were the far hungrier team from start to finish and thoroughly deserved the win. I'm usually a critic of Tom Walsh until recently he has started to up his performances for us and today he was excellent, a great run and finish for the goal and was an attacking threat the full game. Kyle Hutton was iniesta-esque in the centre of the park and carsy did what he does best and broke up the Saint's attacking play when they came forward.

Great atmosphere in the away end today as well. Great vocal backing of the lads from start to finish. Wish there was more of that at home games.

1 hour ago, Northern Son said:

Fabulous result today.

Pleased that Walsh seems to have added goals to his game in recent weeks. I always loved his mobility but thought his finishing tended to be a bit wayward.

Loving this current run of form. Could it be drum related?

Possible. Particularly if any of the St Mirren players are music lovers, or indeed drummers.

Absolutely tremendous result today. I felt we were the far hungrier team from start to finish and thoroughly deserved the win. I'm usually a critic of Tom Walsh until recently he has started to up his performances for us and today he was excellent, a great run and finish for the goal and was an attacking threat the full game. Kyle Hutton was iniesta-esque in the centre of the park and carsy did what he does best and broke up the Saint's attacking play when they came forward.

Great atmosphere in the away end today as well. Great vocal backing of the lads from start to finish. Wish there was more of that at home games.

I stand corrected. It was more of a Xabi Alonso type showing from big Hutton IMG_2074.jpg

Archived