I have the fear again

Poor performance from us and got what we deserved. Gallagher nothing to do in goals until stoppage time when he flapped at a cross.

Far too lethargic, slow and deliberate. Not enough urgency and directness. When you're up against a team you know is going to be organised and get men behind the ball when they don't have possession, don't knock it about at the back and give them time to get back into position! Also far too late to make changes considering it's most players' third game in a week and we were down to 10 men.

Deserved win for Dumbarton. Thought we'd maybe sneak something when that boy missed the sitter in the second half. Heard a Saints fan saying afterwards it was "just one game too far" - well our part-time opponents played during the week too so that excuse doesn't wash. 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well deserved win for Dumbarton, thought we were very poor all round even before the red card and probably wouldn't have won anyway. Just shows how big a miss Cammy Smith is.

Pass marks for Eckersley, McGinn in the first half and Baird in the second. Sutton should been on much earlier and I was disappointed not to see Hilson get on for a bit of pace.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Am I right in saying that's Saints first home league defeat in a wee while?

Yes, since January I think. 

We were poor all game. Nobody really knew the formation and Reilly being taken off for Sutton was baffling. The only criticism I have of Jack Ross is he sometimes tries to be too smart with his tactics and subs. Today was one of those occasions.

I thought Walsh was the best player on the park and if anyone deserved to score the winning goal it was him. Hutton and Carswell strolled it as well which is pleasing.

After losing Stewart early doors I feared the worst. At first I thought St Mirren were inviting us onto them as some sort of ploy but it seemed that we were genuinely just on top minus around 25 mins in the first half.

Froxy's injury could've cost us badly. It was clear to me on Tuesday that he was toiling and I fully expected him to be out of the squad today. Thankfully we managed to hold despite Scott Gal's best efforts at sending me into cardiac arrest.

Absolutely fuckin delighted with that.

Lots to be pleased about today and some fabulous individual performances - Dowie, Walsh, Carswell and Hutton take a bow.

Few other highlights:

- the goal

- Nade going into full rag doll mode

- Jack Ross congratulating our entire team at the end. Man is a class act.

23 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Am I right in saying that's Saints first home league defeat in a wee while?

January 28. Had to be Dumbarton - definitely our bogey team!

Fair play to Dumbarton today, their game plan worked and they thoroughly deserved the three points.

Bad day at the office from ourselves, Stelios was poor but his sending off was just stupidity. Really missed Cammy Smith, we lacked creativity and were very sluggish from start to finish.

Absolutely no complaints about the result but Andrew Dallas loves blowing his whistle.

Absolutely no doubt that Stevie Aitken is improving as a Manager, all the time. Have shook my head a few times at his team selection & he proves time & again to confound. Especially at Dunfermline & then again today.

Superb.

Durrant too.

Just look at the gap, down to 9th place.

Fabulous result today.

Pleased that Walsh seems to have added goals to his game in recent weeks. I always loved his mobility but thought his finishing tended to be a bit wayward.

Loving this current run of form. Could it be drum related?

Dumbarton bogey team strikes again.

We were rank rotten and their game plan worked. Thought we might get a 0-0 when Sons were timewasting in the second half and thought they were going to settle for a point but no such luck.

Not often Jack gets it wrong but he badly got it wrong today. Wrong line up and formation. I thought Magennis was poor today too no idea why he got mom!

9 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Wet with St Mirren tears here. A horrid club with no redeeming features whatsoever. Well done the Sons.

Yeah. Look at us all congratulating Dumbarton for a well deserved win. 

Soaking with tears right enough. :lol:

Loved it.

Froxy didnt look like he was putting in any effort at all in his warm up; jog, jog, jog. Get on, boot a guy, take a booking, go off with a sore leg. I love him, but do a proper warm up ffs.

Walshy was imperious today, a proper match winning performance and a great goal.

When we won a corner late on and the st mirren player booted it past walshy and into the spare goals he just meandered after it, set himself up and then delivered a great cross. He was just so cool about it.

Archived