Sign in to follow this  
glensmad

West Region fixtures "to March"

35 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Don't know if you watch the NFL, but the Buffalo Bills were at home today and it snowed just a wee bit. They play in a stadium that has no cover.

6673589ed19b0221524d82298ff15901.jpg

The NFL see it as a source of pride that they'll put games on in anything that isn't actively life-threatening - there was the memorable Fog Bowl in the 80s that was televised but no-one actually could actually see:

fogbowl-1.jpg

There was also the playoff game between the Bengals and Chargers which took place in Cincinnati when the temperature was -9 with the wind chill taking it down to -37...the Bengals psyched out their opponents successfully by playing the game in short sleeves...

Edited by Hillonearth

The NFL see it as a source of pride that they'll put games on in anything that isn't actively life-threatening - there was the memorable Fog Bowl in the 80s that was televised but no-one actually could actually see:

fogbowl-1.jpg.c7b798f7eb645563c3d7d3f1b5bdec5b.jpg

My missus was asking what it would take to actually cancel/abandon a game. Hurricanes or electrical storms are the only things I've seen stop play.

1 hour ago, clash city rocker said:

Remember a Kilbirnie game at Petershill when it was blowing a hooly and advertising boards were flying across pitch trying to take out players...even that bad that Michael Moore scored. Spectator safety was na a concern that day lol

I had one of my cameras and a tripod blown over and both were broken at that game.

51 minutes ago, lokforever said:

I had one of my cameras and a tripod blown over and both were broken at that game.

That's the one bud dunno how you managed to film that we were huddled up back of stand on constant alert of unidentified flying objects. Well done sir.

2 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Seen worse at New Cumnock. Stevie Agnew had to be taken off with hypothermia lol

Clyde's first winter at Broadwood and an away goalkeeper was taken to hospital with the same condition.

19 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Possibly a part of it was starting off paying lip service to the changes voted for, then backsliding into the old way of working hoping no-one would notice. That clearly hasn't worked.

However, I suspect he's spending a disproportionate amount of time at the moment producing revised lists of fixtures that we all know aren't going to take place - next week's for example. So little went ahead yesterday he'd have been as well moving yesterday's card a week to the right rather than wasting time generating a new set of fixtures which given the forecast for the coming week 80%+ of which even the blindest optimist would concede won't get played.

I reckon he is putting in an effort...unfortunately at the moment it's misdirected.

Nah he just doesn't give a feck about when the fixtures should be out, in my opinion he has chucked it with this and has no intention of doing the fixtures the new way, he tried it and it's clear he don't like it so is going back to the status quo............nobody is going to him otherwise so it's suck it up 

Yet again the West GenSec defies the regional Constitution and Rules. If any club or club official did so they would be fined or sanctioned.
The management committee is clearly complicit in this. Rules being inconvenient is not a justification.
Questions should be asked and action taken at the January GM, but do the club reps have the bottle for it?

Why don't you stand for the postion archie ?
I have been told nobody stood against his reelection tho some clubs did abstain or vote for his removal.

Cumnock state of the art , beith meadowside state of the art , crossgates had their friendly on synthetic called off , looked at dozens of other friendlies that were arranged for the carpet that were called off up and down the country , don't know which part of me saying that these pitches aren't all weather that you aren't really getting to be honest .

It is technically not the pitch /surface that’s not playable, it is because there is 2-3 inches of snow on top of the surface that forces the game to be postponed

The actual playing surface is likely to be ok under the snow , but, it is a masssive job to clear a pitch and terracing etc to get a game on as You also have to consider terracing safety as well if there is snow / ice on the terracing

We will see if these pitches come into their own when we get into the wet weather and folk are being asked to run through muck up to their oxters

Whit will your opinion be then ???

11 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

It is technically not the pitch /surface that’s not playable, it is because there is 2-3 inches of snow on top of the surface that forces the game to be postponed

The actual playing surface is likely to be ok under the snow , but, it is a masssive job to clear a pitch and terracing etc to get a game on as You also have to consider terracing safety as well if there is snow / ice on the terracing

We will see if these pitches come into their own when we get into the wet weather and folk are being asked to run through muck up to their oxters

It's a carpet and the fitba is mince. 

My opinion will be the exact same , that they're still utter shite , quite simple really

And I know we've got a huge slope 🤣