West Region fixtures "to March"

glensmad

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Possibly a part of it was starting off paying lip service to the changes voted for, then backsliding into the old way of working hoping no-one would notice. That clearly hasn't worked.

However, I suspect he's spending a disproportionate amount of time at the moment producing revised lists of fixtures that we all know aren't going to take place - next week's for example. So little went ahead yesterday he'd have been as well moving yesterday's card a week to the right rather than wasting time generating a new set of fixtures which given the forecast for the coming week 80%+ of which even the blindest optimist would concede won't get played.

I reckon he is putting in an effort...unfortunately at the moment it's misdirected.

Nah he just doesn't give a feck about when the fixtures should be out, in my opinion he has chucked it with this and has no intention of doing the fixtures the new way, he tried it and it's clear he don't like it so is going back to the status quo............nobody is going to him otherwise so it's suck it up 

Yet again the West GenSec defies the regional Constitution and Rules. If any club or club official did so they would be fined or sanctioned.
The management committee is clearly complicit in this. Rules being inconvenient is not a justification.
Questions should be asked and action taken at the January GM, but do the club reps have the bottle for it?

Why don't you stand for the postion archie ?
I have been told nobody stood against his reelection tho some clubs did abstain or vote for his removal.

Cumnock state of the art , beith meadowside state of the art , crossgates had their friendly on synthetic called off , looked at dozens of other friendlies that were arranged for the carpet that were called off up and down the country , don't know which part of me saying that these pitches aren't all weather that you aren't really getting to be honest .

It is technically not the pitch /surface that’s not playable, it is because there is 2-3 inches of snow on top of the surface that forces the game to be postponed

The actual playing surface is likely to be ok under the snow , but, it is a masssive job to clear a pitch and terracing etc to get a game on as You also have to consider terracing safety as well if there is snow / ice on the terracing

We will see if these pitches come into their own when we get into the wet weather and folk are being asked to run through muck up to their oxters

Whit will your opinion be then ???

11 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

It is technically not the pitch /surface that’s not playable, it is because there is 2-3 inches of snow on top of the surface that forces the game to be postponed

The actual playing surface is likely to be ok under the snow , but, it is a masssive job to clear a pitch and terracing etc to get a game on as You also have to consider terracing safety as well if there is snow / ice on the terracing

We will see if these pitches come into their own when we get into the wet weather and folk are being asked to run through muck up to their oxters

It's a carpet and the fitba is mince. 

My opinion will be the exact same , that they're still utter shite , quite simple really [emoji2]

And I know we've got a huge slope ????

West region just posted this on Twitter.....

FIXTURES Due to recent inclement weather which has resulted in several Scottish Junior Cup ties still outstanding. Along with Scottish Junior Cup ties taking priority over league fixtures. The West Region Management Committee has decided that fixtures will be released ASAP.

West region just posted this on Twitter.....

FIXTURES Due to recent inclement weather which has resulted in several Scottish Junior Cup ties still outstanding. Along with Scottish Junior Cup ties taking priority over league fixtures. The West Region Management Committee has decided that fixtures will be released ASAP.

At least It's better than complete silence. It shows that at least they are aware that they are in breach of the constitutional rule. However, in my personal opinion, it's not acceptable that most teams are scheduled to play their final game of the year in less than 4 days' time, and they don't know what their next match is, when they voted to know at this stage what their games are for the next 3 months. They can't just decide not to apply the rules that the member clubs voted them into office to apply.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

At least It's better than complete silence. It shows that at least they are aware that they are in breach of the constitutional rule. However, in my personal opinion, it's not acceptable that most teams are scheduled to play their final game of the year in less than 4 days' time, and they don't know what their next match is, when they voted to know at this stage what their games are for the next 3 months. They can't just decide not to apply the rules that the member clubs voted them into office to apply.

Oh yes they can...................

3 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

They can't just decide not to apply the rules that the member clubs voted them into office to apply.

The Constitution & Rules state:

"The Management Committee of the Region will have the powers to add to the Rules as they from time to time may deem expedient, provided they do not annul or conflict with any Rule adopted or defeated proposal at the Annual General Meeting. "

But they haven't actually changed the Rules, just ignored/overridden them.

So that's alright then.

The Constitution & Rules state:
"The Management Committee of the Region will have the powers to add to the Rules as they from time to time may deem expedient, provided they do not annul or conflict with any Rule adopted or defeated proposal at the Annual General Meeting. "
But they haven't actually changed the Rules, just ignored/overridden them.
So that's alright then.

In fairness what do you want the governing body to do ??

If our first game against crossgates went ahead then we were aware of our next four league games , Clydebank ; girvan , rob Roy and pollok I think it was , the guy put out four fixtures in advance and BANG the Scottish call offs have knackered the whole lot ; so if that's the whole thing up in the air with only four games in advance what chance has the guy got in putting fixtures out to march??

I think what needs to be addressed is keeping the Scottish cup away from December and January , a round maybe September , October and early November could help with it then being put on the back burner December and most of January maybe ? Try and avoid two very cold months and focus in trying to get as many league games played as possible - call offs will always happen but it would curtail the constant repeat fixture process that the Scottish brings .

Archived