West Region fixtures "to March"

glensmad

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here we are a week on from the deadline for when we're supposed to know our fixtures up to March next year, but most clubs currently only know their fixtures up to a week on Saturday.

As one poster quite rightly pointed out, there would be a lot more patience about this matter if there was some form of communication coming from the West Region to explain why there is a delay and why the new constitutional agreement is not being implemented. There may well be a very good reason for it, but the silence just exacerbates the situation. Results and league tables are tweeted every week by the West Region, so they have the technology to make announcements through that media to reach a wide audience.

I spoke to a West Region official who was at our game last Saturday, and I asked him what was happening with the fixtures. He just laughed in an embarrassed manner and said "I don't know", with a kind of "don't go there" look on his face.

Yet again the West GenSec defies the regional Constitution and Rules. If any club or club official did so they would be fined or sanctioned.

The management committee is clearly complicit in this. Rules being inconvenient is not a justification.

Questions should be asked and action taken at the January GM, but do the club reps have the bottle for it?

Yet again the West GenSec defies the regional Constitution and Rules. If any club or club official did so they would be fined or sanctioned.
The management committee is clearly complicit in this. Rules being inconvenient is not a justification.
Questions should be asked and action taken at the January GM, but do the club reps have the bottle for it?

Short answer is NO.
The man in charge runs 'HIS' Region as he sees fit. No one dares question him. And as Glensmad alluded to, even the Management Committee are scared of him. Come the January meeting, some more fixtures will be out and that will appease the clubs and the delegates will once again assume their subservient position and sit on their hands.

I notice that the West Region have tweeted tonight attracting attention to the amended fixtures for next Saturday.

It shows that they are able to communicate effectively using that option.

A simple tweet like that one just to make the clubs aware that the West Region officials are aware of the missed constitutional fixtures deadline would perhaps help. They don't need to explain anything in detail, but they should at least acknowledge that they have failed to meet the agreed structure that the member clubs voted to be implemented immediately.

Who voted for who is irrelevant now. The difference from last season is that the clubs voted for advanced fixture notice with very specific stated dates by when we would have fixtures. The person who was elected by the same clubs to implement this new constitutional rule does not have the right to just ignore it. If there is a very good reason for the fixtures not being issued now 9 days past the deadline, then the West Region should tell the clubs what it is.

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

Who voted for who is irrelevant now. The difference from last season is that the clubs voted for advanced fixture notice with very specific stated dates by when we would have fixtures. The person who was elected by the same clubs to implement this new constitutional rule does not have the right to just ignore it. If there is a very good reason for the fixtures not being issued now 9 days past the deadline, then the West Region should tell the clubs what it is.

Possibly a part of it was starting off paying lip service to the changes voted for, then backsliding into the old way of working hoping no-one would notice. That clearly hasn't worked.

However, I suspect he's spending a disproportionate amount of time at the moment producing revised lists of fixtures that we all know aren't going to take place - next week's for example. So little went ahead yesterday he'd have been as well moving yesterday's card a week to the right rather than wasting time generating a new set of fixtures which given the forecast for the coming week 80%+ of which even the blindest optimist would concede won't get played.

I reckon he is putting in an effort...unfortunately at the moment it's misdirected.

Possibly a part of it was starting off paying lip service to the changes voted for, then backsliding into the old way of working hoping no-one would notice. That clearly hasn't worked.
However, I suspect he's spending a disproportionate amount of time at the moment producing revised lists of fixtures that we all know aren't going to take place - next week's for example. So little went ahead yesterday he'd have been as well moving yesterday's card a week to the right rather than wasting time generating a new set of fixtures which given the forecast for the coming week 80%+ of which even the blindest optimist would concede won't get played.
I reckon he is putting in an effort...unfortunately at the moment it's misdirected.

I take your point, however I disagree that yesterday's fixtures should be moved to next week. That completely goes against the principal that the clubs overwhelmingly voted for, i.e. a fixture list. Teams will have arranged sponsors and hospitality for next week, away teams will have booked buses, committees will have prepared programmes. To throw that all away and just move yesterday's fixtures to next week would cause more upset. Also, teams like Largs who have an artificial pitch will be able to get their home game on next week, whereas they were scheduled to be away from home yesterday.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I take your point, however I disagree that yesterday's fixtures should be moved to next week. That completely goes against the principal that the clubs overwhelmingly voted for, i.e. a fixture list. Teams will have arranged sponsors and hospitality for next week, away teams will have booked buses, committees will have prepared programmes. To throw that all away and just move yesterday's fixtures to next week would cause more upset. Also, teams like Largs who have an artificial pitch will be able to get their home game on next week, whereas they were scheduled to be away from home yesterday.

Agreed - it's ultimately six and half a dozen, as the majority of next week's fixtures are  probably all but off already going by the forecast.

He just seems to be doodling in the margins at the moment though rather than getting on with the job in hand.

Agreed - it's ultimately six and half a dozen, as the majority of next week's fixtures are  probably all but off already going by the forecast.
He just seems to be doodling in the margins at the moment though rather than getting on with the job in hand.

The thing is, the West Region don't have a choice what way they issue the fixtures. It is now set in the constitution as to what happens, and whoever is responsible for arranging the fixtures does not have the option to do anything else. If that person is unable to carry out the job under the rules, then the West Region must find somebody who can. It's simple, rules are rules.

Are you having a laugh with saying teams like largs will have a game next week for sure ?

Most synthetic " all weather " pitches couldn't even get a game on at the weekend .

Are you having a laugh with saying teams like largs will have a game next week for sure ?

Most synthetic " all weather " pitches couldn't even get a game on at the weekend .

Our u21s played at Glasgow Green without any problems yesterday. Rossvale was on as well at Huntershill. I'm not sure what the reason for Cumnock v Arthurlie being off was, perhaps snow ? I don't see any snow forecast for next Friday night though.

Our u21s played at Glasgow Green without any problems yesterday. Rossvale was on as well at Huntershill. I'm not sure what the reason for Cumnock v Arthurlie being off was, perhaps snow ? I don't see any snow forecast for next Friday night though.

Loads of these pitches are being shown up for what they are and that's not " all weather " , once the frost gets into them and below a certain temp its games a bogey mostly just like grass parks , must be quite galling to spend hundreds of thousands on them only to be called off at the first sign of frost

Archived