Local Council c***s

NorthernLights

Where's this?

Perth.

It’s actually disgusted me, they’re closing care homes, schools, not funding the food bank.

Also they have underestimated the salt and grit for winter, advising locals to stock up.

And apparently will be charging £25 a year to pick up your garden waste bins.

Perth.

It’s actually disgusted me, they’re closing care homes, schools, not funding the food bank.

Also they have underestimated the salt and grit for winter, advising locals to stock up.

And apparently will be charging £25 a year to pick up your garden waste bins.
Angus brought in the last one last year, which caused some spectacular seethe.

Our Foodbanks are pretty safe, if overstretched with the clusterfuck of Universal Credit.

Some genius also decided to charge leisure centre members extra for football which has now resulted in hundreds of cancellations. Fucking idiots.

18 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Last two posts......vote Tory get Tory

Yup. Fucking idiots. 

Although one pleasing aspect is that all the seething idiots who couldn't wait to bin the SNP administration are now up in arms at the useless Tory fuckers they've elected instead. 

Getting Kirstene Hair as an MP though has been a fucking disaster. Not only is she lazy, but she's genuinely stupid. 

9 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Yup. Fucking idiots. 

Although one pleasing aspect is that all the seething idiots who couldn't wait to bin the SNP administration are now up in arms at the useless Tory fuckers they've elected instead. 

Getting Kirstene Hair as an MP though has been a fucking disaster. Not only is she lazy, but she's genuinely stupid. 

I see that she's pedalling the line that Douglas Ross was the one who was kicking up a stink about delivery charges to rural locations and completely overlooking the fact that was one of the Moray SNP folk who started it all:

I see that she's pedalling the line that Douglas Ross was the one who was kicking up a stink about delivery charges to rural locations and completely overlooking the fact that was one of the Moray SNP folk who started it all:

Yup, a lying mendacious arsehole. A snap GE resulting in her being binned would be magnificent.

Cuts in Local Authority funding has become a norm and there seems to be very little pushback against it.

It is over 20 years since I was politically involved but back in the day there was real opposition to these cuts that led to political change.

It was a primary school closure programme by the Tories in Tayside in the early 80s that saw the Council going from a comfortable Tory majority to a Labour minority.  Given the politics of the area at that time this was a major shock.

Sadly there seems to be more acceptance these days that the cuts to services will continue, or maybe people are stupid enough to think it’s the SNP’s fault because they’re the government in Scotland.

On 06/12/2017 at 13:49, Loondave1 said:

Its a long time ago but i don't remember ever seeing a breakdown of costs or indeed a "bill".Just a letter through the door demanding £5000 or some other ludicrously arbitrary sum.Mine was all tenament roof repairs and chimney stuff so you couldn't even see what they had done.Roof was still leaking when i sold it....

Just the norm, I had to pay my cut of £5200 for a hundred or so roof tiles, scaffolding is expensive was the council reply, 2 days of a 6 metre tower costs buttons and a new roof would have cost £6/£8k, the less councils get their hands on the better as far as I'm concerned, incompetent at best, crooked b*****ds at worst.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Aberdeen have a Provost called Barney Crockett?  Minter.  :lol:

On 14/12/2017 at 10:11, RiG said:

I understand that the real reason that No 10 is now taking an interest in delivery charges is to keep the DUP onside - Northern Ireland is subject to the the same (or sometimes even worse) charging regime as the Scottish Highlands & Islands

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

I understand that the real reason that No 10 is now taking an interest in delivery charges is to keep the DUP onside - Northern Ireland is subject to the the same (or sometimes even worse) charging regime as the Scottish Highlands & Islands

Hope that the Scottish Government make full use of that leverage, probably won't last long.

Angus brought in the last one last year, which caused some spectacular seethe.

Our Foodbanks are pretty safe, if overstretched with the clusterfuck of Universal Credit.

Some genius also decided to charge leisure centre members extra for football which has now resulted in hundreds of cancellations. Fucking idiots.

Was it not the previous SNP administration that brought in the bin charge ?

Councils of various hues now seem to spend most of their time 'rubber stamping' policies of council officers.

It's about time some of these councillors grew a pair and stood up for the electorate now and again.

3 minutes ago, speedframe said:

Was it not the previous SNP administration that brought in the bin charge ?

Councils of various hues now seem to spend most of their time 'rubber stamping' policies of council officers.

It's about time some of these councillors grew a pair and stood up for the electorate now and again.

I live in Angus; it was introduced in 2016.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hope that the Scottish Government make full use of that leverage, probably won't last long.

The Scottish Government were holding Parcel Delivery summits as early as 2012 to raise the issue. However, regulation of parcel delivery services is a Westminster responsibility. The only reason that they are now paying any attention at all at this moment is because they need to keep the DUP sweet.

If (when?) the DUP/Conservative agreement breaks down, Westminster will go back to ignoring calls to do something about this.

Personally, I refuse to deal with companies who choose to penalise me for my location, and I tell them exactly why.

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

The Scottish Government were holding Parcel Delivery summits as early as 2012 to raise the issue. However, regulation of parcel delivery services is a Westminster responsibility. The only reason that they are now paying any attention at all at this moment is because they need to keep the DUP sweet.

If (when?) the DUP/Conservative agreement breaks down, Westminster will go back to ignoring calls to do something about this.

Personally, I refuse to deal with companies who choose to penalise me for my location, and I tell them exactly why.

Hopefully there's some inconsequential bill that the SNP could abstain on to push universal delivery charges through while the DNP still matter.