Fairy Queens V The Highlanders

17 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Someone mentioned John Rankine was playing, did anybody see him?

John Rankine was not playing,  at least not for QoS anyway.  There is no player on Queens' books by that name. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

"The likes of me" an ordinary Scotsman who loves his country would never vote for a simpering ineffectual fool such as Mundell, a tory puppet and an embarrassment to Scotland.

As long as we are governed by a foreign power, Scotland can never be described as a Democracy.

Regard how the English moaned and groaned about being led from Brussels and yet we have to supposedly accept our situation being led from Westminster.

Only fools like you and Mundell can live in and revel in that injustice.

Our time will come.

Sincere apologies to all for being off topic.

:lol:

"The likes of me" an ordinary Scotsman who loves his country would never vote for a simpering ineffectual fool such as Mundell, a tory puppet and an embarrassment to Scotland.
As long as we are governed by a foreign power, Scotland can never be described as a Democracy.
Regard how the English moaned and groaned about being led from Brussels and yet we have to supposedly accept our situation being led from Westminster.
Our time will come.

I guess it depends what your definition of a fool is?

You come on to a football thread and start castigating the Dumfries public,a big percentage of whom are probably staunch SNP supporters themselves.

You cite David Mundell as the local laughing stock when the Dumfries MP is actually Alister Jack.

You do what so many people with strong political views do ...........give us all the benefit of your very one sided version of events and label any non believers as "fools".

Independence may well happen but if you continually try to bully the Scottish public the Silent Majority will continue to thwart you at every turn. If you also start to factor in the resurgence of the left wing division of the Labour Party a few so called Tory bumpkins in Dumfries may be the least of your worries!

That was my first visit to Dumfries and Palmerston and let me just say that I had no idea it was such a nice town. :) Anyway, the game had 0-0 written all over it early on.  A very niggly game, a few half chances for both sides but nothing particularly outstanding so a draw was a fair result.  Coll Donaldson was good for us again and Ridgers continued to look a bit steadier but many players didn't turn up.  Baird and Bell worked hard but nothing came off.  Polworth, Vigurs and Raven didn't have some of the best games but never mind.

Oh and by the way, North Stand Rising is a zoomer.  Thank you and good day!

8 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Our time will come.

:lol: Superb bonkerdom right there.

Imagine despising a football team and its fans because it sits in a vast geographical constituency that along with a good few more in Scotland, elected a Tory MP at the last time of asking.   

Would it really figure or be at all likely, that all those fans voted Tory?  

Why do you keep prattling about the odious Mundell?  He is MP for a neighbouring constituency that stretches well into Midlothian, while the one virtually all of Dumfries and certainly Palmerston sits in, also includes all of Kirkudbrightshire and Wigtownshire.

Piss away off with your prejudice ridden ignorance.

32 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Caley Thistle players enjoyed a night out in Newcastle last night to make up for Friday and Saturday morning.

Hope they behaved themselves and got back to their hotel before midnight??

I'm sure most of us have known the effects of alcohol on having only two - three hours sleep.

So that`s why they wanted the game postponed. Chance to get to Newcastle early and out on the Razz sooner. They should have said. Perfectly reasonable.

47 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Caley Thistle players enjoyed a night out in Newcastle last night to make up for Friday and Saturday morning.

Hope they behaved themselves and got back to their hotel before midnight??

I'm sure most of us have known the effects of alcohol on having only two - three hours sleep.

Surprised they were able to face it after the traumatic experience they'd endured.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol: Superb bonkerdom right there.

Imagine despising a football team and its fans because it sits in a vast geographical constituency that along with a good few more in Scotland, elected a Tory MP at the last time of asking.   

Would it really figure or be at all likely, that all those fans voted Tory?  

Why do you keep prattling about the odious Mundell?  He is MP for a neighbouring constituency that stretches well into Midlothian, while the one virtually all of Dumfries and certainly Palmerston sits in, also includes all of Kirkudbrightshire and Wigtownshire.

Piss away off with your prejudice ridden ignorance.

Biggest bite in the history of this forum.

John Rankine was not playing,  at least not for QoS anyway.  There is no player on Queens' books by that name. 

To move things back to the football...since there wasn’t much better to do I spent a fair bit of the game watching John Rankin to try and get myself of the fence and into either of the camps that seem to be developing pro or against him.
Have to say he spent a lot of time chasing the ball without really contributing anything much IMO.
I still can’t work out if he’s meant to be a stopper or our creative hub, but not sure he’s cut out for either.
Would like to see a younger more imaginative midfielder in there but not sure what options we’ve got?

Highlights are on the Inverness site now.

Have to say, as I thought at the time, that's never ever in a million years a penalty kick no matter how much John Robertson shouts and stamps his feet about it. The main reasons for this being:
1 - It's about half a yard outside the penalty area,
2 - It's not a foul, and
3 - What contact there is is instigated by Charlie Trafford running into Jordan Marshall.

Other than all that though it's a great shout!

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Highlights are on the Inverness site now.

Have to say, as I thought at the time, that's never ever in a million years a penalty kick no matter how much John Robertson shouts and stamps his feet about it. The main reasons for this being:
1 - It's about half a yard outside the penalty area,
2 - It's not a foul, and
3 - What contact there is is instigated by Charlie Trafford running into Jordan Marshall.

Other than all that though it's a great shout!

Great call by Robertson :lol:. Never a penalty. Laughable. 

It`s also laughable IMHO that we have fans who still seem to be bothered to boo John Baird`s every touch.

I see the players went to Newcastle for a night out after the game.  Kind of makes a mockery of the whole 'traumatised' stuff IMO.  I think if I'd been stuck on a bus for 18 hours, no slept, eaten only pot noodles, seen injured people cut out of cars, personally left the bus to pick up body parts, resuscitated the victims, gotten to a four star hotel at 3 am and then played a game of football, I'd want to go home to bed...

Archived