Partick Thistle vs Hibernian - Saturday 2 December

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
f**k off Dindeleux [emoji38] better fans ? More money ? Your from Ayrshire my wee pal. Just because you's have had a wee lift in recent weeks means hee haw. We are pish but I fully expect us to pick up when we get our injuries in order. 
S-T-I-L-L - S-E-E-T-H-I-N

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This page is certainly doing nothing to disprove my hypothesis that people who use numbers in place of letters or words are morons.

f**k off to a more intellectual thread then I'm sure the Kilmarnock ones full of rather intelligent fellows like yourself. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

Maybe because they have a manager who knows what he is doing.

How many points has Clarke won compared to other managers since he joined.

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This page is certainly doing nothing to disprove my hypothesis that people who use numbers in place of letters or words are morons.

V

Sad thing is that definitely isn't top 3 and probably isn't top 5 worst performances this year. We actually defended semi competently for most of the game, only chance I can really remember for Hibs was the one where one of their CBs headed it 40 yards from a Cerny kickout and Stokes ran through, went round Cerny but took it too wide and we scrambled it away.

Unfortunately we have nothing going forward at all and that bit isn't going to change when injured players come back. When we're 1-0 up away from home (or at home vs Rangers) we play 9-0-1 for the last 10 minutes and it's a horrifying series of scrambles inside our box and we either get away with it or concede depending on the luck of the draw. Hibs had the cigars out for the last 10 minutes, we had a 2 minute flurry just after Doolan came on but you'll not see a team see out a more comfortable 1-0 win than that.

We definitely didn't have a shot and I'm not even sure we had a cross into the box in the last 15. Devine and Turnbull just passed it amongst themselves  before punting it in the general direction of the ghost of Conor Sammon.  Also as much as the Barton and Edwards midfield shitshow can get so far to f**k, it's abundantly clear Fraser is still miles off the pace and doubtful whether he'll ever get back on it.

I'd like Archie to get us out of this but his post match interview is very worrying if he thinks that's a "well it could have gone either way" type of game and we were just unlucky. Of course the goal was a bit unlucky ( can anyone explain to me why it's an OG when the original cross from Stevenson was on target, is it just to do with how hard the ball is hit, what makes it an OG and not a deflection?) but Hibs managed the game from there on in.

Bit disappointed the MOM announcement only got mild derision rather than openly booed tbh.

Barton headed it into the Thistle net.

I'd have kept Storey on ahead of Erskine.  Doolan missed a sitter but overall a game neither side deserved to win.

Didn't make the game today but it sounded like we were making chances in the game, just not putting them away. The hibs keeper was doing what Cerny does for us it seemed.

In regards to injuries, esp when Osman and Bannigan are back I think our attackers will be more comfy going forward without having to worry about Barton and Edwards being overrun + then we can put Barton back as a sweeper

Not even sure what we need most come January as Penrice + the injured crop should be back

The main annoyance for me today was that we lost ground on everyone

Just now, cilitbang said:

Didn't make the game today but it sounded like we were making chances in the game, just not putting them away. The hibs keeper was doing what Cerny does for us it seemed.

In regards to injuries, esp when Osman and Bannigan are back I think our attackers will be more comfy going forward without having to worry about Barton and Edwards being overrun + then we can put Barton back as a sweeper

Not even sure what we need most come January as Penrice + the injured crop should be back

The main annoyance for me today was that we lost ground on everyone

Nah, not really, from open play  Erskine hit one straight at him in the first half, and  with our best chance of the match in the second half Doolan would have left him with no chance more often than not but he made a good save with a trailing leg.

We need pace in the team in January. Storey is quick, but he's a headless chicken. We've no speed at all down the flanks, compare that to Hibs today where Boyle and the sub Barker were busting past our defenders.

Archived