Why have posters like @chomp my root started using SJW like it's a bad thing? Some of our greatest heroes have fought for social justice, and now old farts trying to hide bigotry under the banter banner use yankee teen speak to defend themselves. Sad.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is SJW the one that lives in Japan or the one that claims to support Motherwell but is actually a ***?

Is this a whoosh?

I'm trying to be diplomatic here but I think anyone over the age of 21 who watches South Park should be shot in front of their families and their bodies thrown to the dogs.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I'm trying to be diplomatic here but I think anyone over the age of 21 who watches South Park should be shot in front of their families and their bodies thrown to the dogs.

I'd try harder on the diplomacy.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

It's hardly a show aimed at kids

It's blatantly aimed at kids. It's got the edgy humour and poor grasp of politics that edgelord teenagers and nobody else can justify watching.

The idea that it's a bad thing to be passionate about social justice is rather baffling. Seems to be one of those phrases used by the Alt-Right/4Chan types in the US and has come over here via the internet. Anyone using it as some sort of insult really shouldn't be taken seriously.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

It's blatantly aimed at kids. It's got the edgy humour and poor grasp of politics that edgelord teenagers and nobody else can justify watching.

Take a Charles, purely for reminding me of the term 'edgelord'.

Saying you are in favour of social justice is meaningless, it's like saying you are in favour of good schools.  Who could be opposed to either?

Of course, I am not in favour of social justice or good schools because I am an edgy c**t.

The idea that it's a bad thing to be passionate about social justice is rather baffling. Seems to be one of those phrases used by the Alt-Right/4Chan types in the US and has come over here via the internet. Anyone using it as some sort of insult really shouldn't be taken seriously.

It's triggering libtards as political praxis. Like fair enough if you're a teenager and the sum total of your life is your K/D ratio on Call of Duty but it's incredibly embarrassing when you're in your middle ages.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

It's triggering libtards as political praxis. Like fair enough if you're a teenager and the sum total of your life is your K/D ratio on Call of Duty but it's incredibly embarrassing when you're in your middle ages.

I'm proud to say I don't understand a word of that!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=social justice warrior

Pretty much covers it. I had to find the definition of 'yer da' from the same source.

A quick P & B example to back it up, nobody has been banging on about not hitting kids for a few weeks although there seemed to be some strongly held views on it back then. :lol:

Have at it kids.......

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Take a Charles, purely for reminding me of the term 'edgelord'.

I had to Google it. Never heard it before.

I'm proud to say I don't understand a word of that!

Praxis is the process by which a theory, lesson or skill is enact-

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=social justice warrior

Pretty much covers it. I had to find the definition of 'yer da' from the same source.

A quick P & B example to back it up, nobody has been banging on about not hitting kids for a few weeks although there seemed to be some strongly held views on it back then. :lol:

Have at it kids.......

It's almost as if people don't just run around yelling about absolutely everything they approve and disapprove of at all times, but rather discuss things when they're brought up as a topic. A crazy notion.

"Cultural Marxist" = "Someone who thinks the notion of owning a tea towel with the Queen's face on it is faintly ridiculous"