Social Justice Warrior

welshbairn

On 12/3/2017 at 08:07, chomp my root said:

I'm a little more 'home spun', its basically people who want to be angry (and noticed) finding some 'noble' cause to get angry and noticed over. Its just a different sub culture, you see the same thing with football fans and other sub cultures, religion being a comparable one, 'my' dogma is right and everyone else's is wrong and must be called on it.

Rinse and repeat down the generations.

Just getting back to you, apologies.

This is definitely a path into what I described, but there's a difference between, A) your garden variety such person who gets this second hand from media headlines and outrage generated by activists, [most people here] and B) your actual social justice warrior who has been indoctrinated into the noble sub-culture activism you talk about [a few people here].

Group A have been hoodwinked by the dogma generally by their own compassion and also by political correctness (I can't disagree or Wrongthink otherwise I'm a bigot!), which Group B relies on to be able to spread their dogma with as much support and as little dissent as possible.

Fortunately, this affliction is something that the impressionable young generally grow out of (including a few people on here). Unfortunately, more young are being indoctrinated into this dogma than ever.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, banana said:

Ah, most people! Self-evident!

Being a philosophy Master, you surely learned about argumentum ad populum fallacy? Everybody knows, amirite?

I've read all of the so called 'racist' posts, and there's nothing racist about them. Why would I believe similar accusations from the same people where there's nothing to judge these by other than your word?

From somebody who defended Hitler from the charge of racism I doubt you're the best judge.

48 minutes ago, banana said:

Ah, most people! Self-evident!

Being a philosophy Master, you surely learned about argumentum ad populum fallacy? Everybody knows, amirite?

I've read all of the so called 'racist' posts, and there's nothing racist about them. Why would I believe similar accusations from the same people where there's nothing to judge these by other than your word?

I am familiar with that fallacy but I don't think it applies here. Some, not all, of his posts displayed racist or unacceptable content, that is the basis for him becoming generally recognized as a racist poster, not that because everybody thinks so = he is a racist.

It is also not the case that just because you do not think his posts are racist, that this means they are not racist posts.   I would suggest that if you read all of his posts and didn't see anything in them, whilst many others do, then perhaps the fault lies with you.

I'm also not sure why you feel the need to continuously refer to my degree in Philosophy in this snide way. Its a pity because that was brought up during one of our more interesting conversations. Since you have decided to go down the personal insult route (implying I'm an coward before as well) I am taking DA Baracus's advice and you are going on ignore and I'm not going to reply to you any more.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I am familiar with that fallacy but I don't think it applies here. Some, not all, of his posts displayed racist or unacceptable content, that is the basis for him becoming generally recognized as a racist poster, not that because everybody thinks so = he is a racist.

It is also not the case that just because you do not think his posts are racist, that this means they are not racist posts.   I would suggest that if you read all of his posts and didn't see anything in them, whilst many others do, then perhaps the fault lies with you.

I'm also not sure why you feel the need to continuously refer to my degree in Philosophy in this snide way. Its a pity because that was brought up during one of our more interesting conversations. Since you have decided to go down the personal insult route (implying I'm an coward before as well) I am taking DA Baracus's advice and you are going on ignore and I'm not going to reply to you any more.

You're thick as f**k

Keep it up, chaps, great material!

Meanwhile, three black kids cry racism after trying to steal wine and attacking a shopkeeper. Social Justice Warrior students continue to protest the bakery as racist, so the owner is now rightly suing.

Always claim victimhood, always assume zero responsibility.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-oberlin-bakery-racial-dispute-20171210-story.html

Bonus SJW nonsenese from article:

News articles in 2015 quoted students decrying the school dining hall's sushi and Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches as cultural appropriation.

:lol:

6 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I refer to your degree as it's somewhat understandable when many here who can't string two coherent thoughts together repeatedly write/reply showing that's the case.

If the fault does lie with my interpretation of his posts, then I invite you as I have others to quote his racist posts and outline why they are racist, instead of just squealing "racist!" every second post. i.e. stop being a coward, show some self-respect.

You're moving the goalposts and splitting hairs on the fallacy.

;) 

On 12/12/2017 at 12:47, banana said:

Just getting back to you, apologies.

This is definitely a path into what I described, but there's a difference between, A) your garden variety such person who gets this second hand from media headlines and outrage generated by activists, [most people here] and B) your actual social justice warrior who has been indoctrinated into the noble sub-culture activism you talk about [a few people here].

Group A have been hoodwinked by the dogma generally by their own compassion and also by political correctness (I can't disagree or Wrongthink otherwise I'm a bigot!), which Group B relies on to be able to spread their dogma with as much support and as little dissent as possible.

Fortunately, this affliction is something that the impressionable young generally grow out of (including a few people on here). Unfortunately, more young are being indoctrinated into this dogma than ever.

Aye, there are definitely those that are happy to take advantage of the young/daft/searching for 'something'/easily lead, there's a reason you don't get many 40 year old suicide bombers, they're the one's sending the dafties out in the name of a 'good cause'. :lol: 

#theyoungarestoopid

30 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Aye, there are definitely those that are happy to take advantage of the young/daft/searching for 'something'/easily lead, there's a reason you don't get many 40 year old suicide bombers, they're the one's sending the dafties out in the name of a 'good cause'. :lol: 

#theyoungarestoopid

Yet you get loads of over 40 year olds who judge individuals on the basis of their race, religion or sexuality. How daft is that?

#noagetoignorance

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yet you get loads of over 40 year olds who judge individuals on the basis of their race, religion or sexuality. How daft is that?

#noagetoignorance

:lol:

I don't think that particular 'tick list' is age based to be honest. 

First nibble though, bravo.

Here, whilst we're on buzzwords for mouthbreathing dipshits, can someone explain "elites" to me?

Apparently millionaires with 18 houses and 4 boats aren't, but wee bearded punters with moth bitten breeks and a Mao cap are.

It's very confusing.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Here, whilst we're on buzzwords for mouthbreathing dipshits, can someone explain "elites" to me?

Apparently millionaires with 18 houses and 4 boats aren't, but wee bearded punters with moth bitten breeks and a Mao cap are.

It's very confusing.

If we're asking questions, what the hell is 'Political science', it must be right up there with 'religious science' in things that are nothing to do with science. 

Archived