Raith Rovers vs. Alloa Athletic

15 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

So after the performances of late, you'd play the exact same team and only swapping the keepers..? emoji23.png

In a different system, yes. Our bench on Saturday was Osei, Court, Zanatta, Berry, Stevenson & Davidson. I outlined why I wouldn't start Zanatta. Who else is banging down the door?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a different system, yes. Our bench on Saturday was Osei, Court, Zanatta, Berry, Stevenson & Davidson. I outlined why I wouldn't start Zanatta. Who else is banging down the door?

Is really like to see Berry and Stevenson get their chance. What’s happened to Thorsen?

Just now, rw89 said:

You reckon we'll see Ryan Stevenson get any first team game time soon Zen? By all accounts, he seems to be a cracking prospect. 

He seems to be the least favoured of the youth team to be put forward, I base this on appearances on the bench.

He is a good player but hasn't had the same impact that he had last season, I'm not saying he's slipping backwards, he just needs to come onto his game.

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Still, the kids probably like it.

Will you be making the trip through on Saturday?

Aye, my attitude's always been that, if having a daft badge helps get youngsters interested in the club, then it's worth the embarrassment. Genuinely didn't realise you'd done away with the lion and swapped to that IT lizard horse. I presume all this shite is something to do with that Lord Lyon c**t.

I don't get to away games due to various commitments. Managed to drag the wean through to Stenny last season - he was well impressed with Wally the Warrior, then spent the match taking the piss out of me for getting excited  <_<

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, my attitude's always been that, if having a daft badge helps get youngsters interested in the club, then it's worth the embarrassment. Genuinely didn't realise you'd done away with the lion and swapped to that IT lizard horse. I presume all this shite is something to do with that Lord Lyon c**t.

I don't get to away games due to various commitments. Managed to drag the wean through to Stenny last season - he was well impressed with Wally the Warrior, then spent the match taking the piss out of me for getting excited  <_<

It still is a lion, all that's been done away with is the RRFC on the badge to satisfy said twat.

Also, the club has gone to great lengths to copyright it's images so as to control it's output.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

It still is a lion, all that's been done away with is the RRFC on the badge to satisfy said twat.

Also, the club has gone to great lengths to copyright it's images so as to control it's output.

If the thing below is a lion, then ours is a wasp.

In most other pics I've just googled, it seems to have a pointy tail. I guess it could be a poorly-drawn adolescent manticore, yet to grow wings. That would be fairly badass, although the artist still needs shooting for managing to f**k it up so badly..

c598cda2f5ab63b3e67dc2b577f944d1.jpg

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If the thing below is a lion, then ours is a wasp.

In most other pics I've just googled, it seems to have a pointy tail. I guess it could be a poorly-drawn adolescent manticore, yet to grow wings. That would be fairly badass, although the artist still needs shooting for managing to f**k it up so badly..

c598cda2f5ab63b3e67dc2b577f944d1.jpg

Right you, outside, neabdie disses Roary.

Missing this through work :( - Only other home game I haven't been able to make was the win against Airdrie. Similar narrow win will do nicely.

If certain players are back I would be tempted to go with:

Lennox

Thomson Davo MacKay Murray

Mathews Robertson Herron/Berry

Vaughan 

Buchanan             Spence

The idea would be to have Vaughan picking the ball up in a free role in between the lines. Have a tight midfield 3 that will dominate possession/not get bullied and protect the back line. This will likely suck alloa inside and allow lots of space for Thomson to get down the line and Spence or Buchanan to peel into the left channel and receive the ball. This also keeps the options of a similar formation shift and bringing on Zannata if we need to switch things up. You are welcome Barry.

Funny thing is, we started with a straight up 4-3-3 at the start of the season at Alloa, and for 20 minutes we couldn't seem to get going with a tonne of space down the left hand side with neither Murray or Matthews really communicating all that well on who was meant to pick who up. Only after we went to a 4 man midfield with Vaughan out on the left did we really start to get a grip.

Having said that we've been screaming out for a 3 man midfield for weeks, just ironic that we did try and start that way back in August....

34 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Can't see Lennox stepping in. Bazza could have swapped Smith out against QP but didn't. Add to that a quiet game for Smith where he didn't make any spectacular horses arse of anything and I think old shaky will still be between the sticks this weekend.

Surely the whole 'earn the jersey' thing only applies when you have players of a similar standard who are both part of the clubs plans going forward? And subsequently that it should get itself fully away to f**k when you have a recognised number one goalie who only lost his place via injury and the current occupant is pretty much an emergency loan. Not to mention the huge gulf in quality. I would be/ I am irate if Barry is applying the former in this particular case.

I posted as much in the QP game thread, but in case anyone missed t there - I’d heard from someone at the club that Barry Smith really likes Graeme Smith and that he is likely to remain number one going forward. Lennox isn’t quite fully fit yet but is definitely fit enough to play.

Archived