Raith Rovers vs. Alloa Athletic

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough game but from memory we seem to have an ok record against them at Starks and we seem strong at home just now which is an added bonus. Hopefully Smith has had a brainwave re utilising Vaughan through the middle and we see that tactic used in this game and hopefully to good effect. Can’t see Smith dropping Smith in all honesty so the only real change I can see is Davo maybe coming back into the starting 11, guessing he wasn’t quite 100% for the QP game and lets be honest Smith will probably favour him at CB with Murray over McKay.

A tight 2-1 home win.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

That Alloa badge with the roid rage wasp annoys me.

I was hoping Alloa would stop Ayr getting all 3 points. Close but no donut.

I'm going to start replying to your every post. GIRUY.

Anyway, get it right. It's a plagiarised hornet.

Radge badge........whistle.........

Are you referring to my pink flashing bear (which is eye catching and not at all random and garish) or that demonic horse thing holding a mouse that we have as a badge?

Bring back the lion!

You did, I think around a decade passed in between Alloa wins there. But we've won at Starks on our last two visits.

Both 1-0 away wins. Bet365 has the same scoreline at 18/1. Must be worth a punt if you're an Alloa fan and like a gamble.

As has been said already playing Vaughan through the middle is a must.  Keep Herron on the bench.  Before the weekend I wouldn't have had Zannatta near the starting 11 but if he can reproduce that performance on a consistent basis then i'd start with him on the left.  Hopefully Davo is back as well.

Lennox

Thomson  Davidson  Mckay  Murray

Robertson Vaughan Matthews

Spence  Buchanan  Zannatta

3 hours ago, Rover1990 said:

As has been said already playing Vaughan through the middle is a must.  Keep Herron on the bench.  Before the weekend I wouldn't have had Zannatta near the starting 11 but if he can reproduce that performance on a consistent basis then i'd start with him on the left.  Hopefully Davo is back as well.

Lennox

Thomson  Davidson  Mckay  Murray

Robertson Vaughan Matthews

Spence  Buchanan  Zannatta

People actually wanting to see Davo back and a start for Zannatta, what parallel universe is this?

That said Davo has been (mostly) solid and not counting the hideous dives Zannatta was a breath of fresh air on Saturday.

We really should get scorecards handed out to hold up to mark his dives though.

Zanatta for now can only be a sub. Two horrible starting performances, coincidentally in our only two defeats (not his fault, obviously, but he certainly didn’t help). On the other side he’s had a positive impact a few times from the bench. Makes sense to keep him back.

With the players we have available I’d only swap Smith for Lennox, but in a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2. I’ve little doubt we’ll play the same side but with Davidson in for McKay, 4-4-2.

1-1 draw. Rovers to grab a point late on.

Zanatta for now can only be a sub. Two horrible starting performances, coincidentally in our only two defeats (not his fault, obviously, but he certainly didn’t help). On the other side he’s had a positive impact a few times from the bench. Makes sense to keep him back.

With the players we have available I’d only swap Smith for Lennox, but in a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2. I’ve little doubt we’ll play the same side but with Davidson in for McKay, 4-4-2.

1-1 draw. Rovers to grab a point late on.

So after the performances of late, you'd play the exact same team and only swapping the keepers..? [emoji23]

Archived