Raith Rovers vs. Alloa Athletic

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave Super Dario alone. I've convinced myself that he's the solution to all of our problems. And if he's added badge-kissing to his already box-office diving, I'm all for it.

A baby faced guy like him has potential to be a great b*****d. I hope he kicks a ball boy next week, and winches the mascot's mum the week after.

Leave Super Dario alone. I've convinced myself that he's the solution to all of our problems. And if he's added badge-kissing to his already box-office diving, I'm all for it.

A baby faced guy like him has potential to be a great b*****d. I hope he kicks a ball boy next week, and winches the mascot's mum the week after.

So long as he helps us to the title, my Mrs is his Mrs......

Whether either of them would agree to such a deal is neither here nor there.

9 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

His soft Canadian tones will woo any of the fair maidens of the Monklands...

He had a good game today. We looked a lot more comfortable on the ball today, and weren't playing the ball sidewards between the back four for the majority of the game which was a positive.  Robertson strolled through the game in midfield and looked back to his best. Watson got roasted a couple of times by Crossan but then came back to have a steady game. The only one I'd pick out as having a bit of an off-day was Euan Murray, who struggled to find the most basic of passes but even then it didn't have an impact. Vaughan in the middle offers us a lot more creativity, and allows for Spence and Buchanan to focus more about sticking near forwards . It also seems to free up space on the wings for Zanatta too. 

We really need an away win next weekend. 

We've been largely dissapointing for months and only found ourselves 3 points and a game in hand behind the best Ayr side seen in generations.

Our home form really is fantastic. Nobody has even come close to beating us. 

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It definitely looks as though Watson is making a conscious decision to stay in his own half, although in the first half Crossan had him on toast and he did well to come back in the second half.

As for the game, pretty lacklustre stuff for the most part but another win in the bank.

Agree, Crossan caused a lot of problems first half, but didn't get anywhere near the same output from him after the break. Credit to Rovers for nullifying that threat.

Forgot to mention Stevie Hetheringtons first half tackle on Vaughan, which was an absolute pearler. 

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Agree, Crossan caused a lot of problems first half, but didn't get anywhere near the same output from him after the break. Credit to Rovers for nullifying that threat.

Forgot to mention Stevie Hetheringtons first half tackle on Vaughan, which was an absolute pearler. 

Yeah first half he looked a good wee player and was tormenting Watson  but I  didn't know he was still on the pitch second half. Nice adjustment at half-time.

We're winning ugly right now but we're still on Ayr's coat-tails. They'll have their injury crisis and a dip in form at some point and we need to take advantage when it happens.

Yeah first half he looked a good wee player and was tormenting Watson  but I  didn't know he was still on the pitch second half. Nice adjustment at half-time.

We're winning ugly right now but we're still on Ayr's coat-tails. They'll have their injury crisis and a dip in form at some point and we need to take advantage when it happens.

We’re in the middle of an injury crisis right now and still scraping results. Once we’re back to full strength we’ll start dishing out pumpings again.

What constitutes an injury crisis?  Ayr came to Raith earlier in the season missing Boyle, Adams, Moore and Forrest through injury, while Geggan and Crawford played while not fully fit, as we were struggling for numbers. We played yesterday missing Boyle, Geggan and Crawford.  

1 minute ago, Parkhouse said:

What constitutes an injury crisis?  Ayr came to Raith earlier in the season missing Boyle, Adams, Moore and Forrest through injury, while Geggan and Crawford played while not fully fit, as we were struggling for numbers. We played yesterday missing Boyle, Geggan and Crawford.  

We're missing our first and second choice goalkeeper (Cuthbert and Lennox), our left back (McHattie) has been out consistently for the last month or so at least, our first choice centre half (Benedictus) has been out since the first game against Ayr. John Herron was out injured yesterday too, as was Iain Davidson. Bobby Barr played yesterday with a niggle, Matthews went off injured.  

This hasn't been for one or two games, it's been since early September we've had these injuries (Herron, Barr and Matthews excluded).  Scott Robertson has probably played more games out of position at centre back than in midfield. We've had totally rotten luck with injuries. 

Archived