Isabel Goudie

Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

14 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Access to a competently run set up and the spfl.

What I meant was where? The East of Scotland League?

13 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Im confused sorry?

'Access to a competently run set up and the spfl'

Do you mean that you want Clydebank to join the East of Scotland League?

55 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Either the east or south!

Well, that's up to your club, access to the LL must be your goal, and beyond I suppose where you once were. However, it did go horribly wrong. Not having a go at Clydebank for wanting what they once had but I can say assuredly  that for Talbot, who are undisputedly the most successful club in the Juniors, it hold no attraction, at the moment as it presently stands. However, a serious look at unifying non league football might change something. Myinitial post and the  point of it  is that Kelty, despite a poster who thinks they will get to the championship AT WORST, could be over stretching and be foisted by their own petard. They seem to be galvanised at the moment, have momentum, but could they be a victim of their own momentum? The facility described could be in the region of 500k. Despite their impressive organisation and superb initiative, the numbers aren't adding up for me. They have another two clubs, one Junior, one senior on their door step already. With Raith and the Pars being the big clubs in Fife and East Fife also in the mix looking for a bite, lets just say I have my reservations. But I have been wrong before, not often though.:thumsup2

Well, that's up to your club, access to the LL must be your goal, and beyond I suppose where you once were. However, it did go horribly wrong. Not having a go at Clydebank for wanting what they once had but I can say assuredly  that for Talbot, who are undisputedly the most successful club in the Juniors, it hold no attraction, at the moment as it presently stands. However, a serious look at unifying non league football might change something. Myinitial post and the  point of it  is that Kelty, despite a poster who thinks they will get to the championship AT WORST, could be over stretching and be foisted by their own petard. They seem to be galvanised at the moment, have momentum, but could they be a victim of their own momentum? The facility described could be in the region of 500k. Despite their impressive organisation and superb initiative, the numbers aren't adding up for me. They have another two clubs, one Junior, one senior on their door step already. With Raith and the Pars being the big clubs in Fife and East Fife also in the mix looking for a bite, lets just say I have my reservations. But I have been wrong before, not often though.:thumsup2

Isa, for one minute could you accept that, like Talbot, Kelty are a well-run club who have have a long-term financial plan? Obviously their plans for the future are different to Talbot's, but there is no need to denigrate their aspirations. I am sure Kelty will have factored in the costs of all their facilities and will be working on a worst case scenario basis and will only do work that is necessary and affordable.

3 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Ok which poster thinks this?

1 hour ago, Harry's Corner said:

IG does not speak for Talbot and their fans. Thank Fk emoji23.png

Thank god for that, he's quoted one poster that said that Kelty at worst would be one division below the SPFL and he has equated that as being in the Championship.:lol:

Oh and another thing "foisted by their own petard":rolleyes:

Edited by gogsy

7 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Isa, for one minute could you accept that, like Talbot, Kelty are a well-run club who have have a long-term financial plan? Obviously their plans for the future are different to Talbot's, but there is no need to denigrate their aspirations. I am sure Kelty will have factored in the costs of all their facilities and will be working on a worst case scenario basis and will only do work that is necessary and affordable.

Think that’s a bit harsh. I have given Kelty full credit for the way they are running their club. However, I’m surely not the only one who thinks that perhaps the investment could outway the product. You might be right regarding factoring costs, but plenty of clubs have let ambition and momentum overtake due diligence. Time will tell.  

Think that’s a bit harsh. I have given Kelty full credit for the way they are running their club. However, I’m surely not the only one who thinks that perhaps the investment could outway the product. You might be right regarding factoring costs, but plenty of clubs have let ambition and momentum overtake due diligence. Time will tell.  

I fail to see how improving facilities can be seen as 'outwaying [sic] the product'. I'm aware that some clubs have ploughed cash into their teams whilst playing in a midden, but I'm sure you're not suggesting this is the way forward, are you?

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

The investment in the facilities is for the benefit of a Community and a strong growing Community Club. The Club has no debts whatsoever and never will have. If we can generate funds to improve the facilities that will better everyone in the village for 100 plus years and make the Football Club financially stronger, where’s the problem?

The investment in the new facilities will pay for themselves, our current Social Club and Sports Bar that we built years ago prove this, it clearly works but we have now outgrown them.  All our efforts and investment will make us even stronger and will pay for itself in time, bigger Social Club open to all on Matchday and for functions at weekends every week, Bigger Hospitality Sports Bar, SFA Membership, Prize Money. In just 4 months of moving associations we are minimum £20k better off each year just for being Licenced. Linlithgow have this start on other clubs  also.

Have we got a massive fan base yet? NO Are we on the right tracks and improving? YES. Remember It’s not just every 2nd Saturday afternoon like most clubs where we generate money, it’s 2/3 days every week. This is where we have the advantage over most other clubs.

This level of investment obviously is far from the norm at this level and might be hard to understand for some but our committee have a wealth of business and football knowledge and are working to a detailed business model that works and has worked on and off the pitch for the last 3 years in the SJFA with no financial help from the association. We now have a to be bettered model in an association where your rewarded for your efforts on and off the pitch, it’s quite a nice thought to know there is rewards out there for the hard work we all put in.

The Gaffer and the players aren’t half doing an excellent job on the pitch too and have done the last few years which also helps massively.

Edited by kefc

If Boness go, we wont be far behind. Inconceivable we remain junior allowing them to hoover up the big bucks.

On 26/11/2017 at 17:14, theshed said:

Do you see an Ayrshire team doing " a kelty " ?? It's so much easier for east teams like kelty to do it as an east of scotland pyramid setup is in place , through here in the west we don't have one and the alternative is to join the south of Scotland league which has very little appeal .

On 26/11/2017 at 17:37, Isabel Goudie said:

Yes my Beith chum, this is true there is actually no such facility in the west. 

My geography is nae the best but I'm sure there's an ambitious team called Bonnyton based in Ayrshire somewhere who possibly have the best chance of progression up the pyramid given the league they're playing in at present.

Ambitious bigger west junior teams wouldn't take long to get to the LL through that route in my opinion. Surprised it's taken 5 pages,  they (Bonnyton) haven't been mentioned yet or are they just being completely ignored in potential scenarios ;)

Kelty going up is not a given, Lothian Thistle will have a massive say as they have done it before but only their ground stops them going higher to the LL or they would have been their already, LT have beaten Kelty the last two times they have played them, Kelty have a big lead in the EOS league over LT who have lots of games in hand but it will go down to these two games against each other and it would be a disaster for Kelty not to go straight up as I really hope they do.

Kelty  are making massive efforts to develop on and off the park where LT have not, LT have made lots of money over the past three seasons and could easily have developed their ground but choose not to.

So for me Kelty are planning for the future wher LT are not, I hope I am wrong but I think LT will pip Kelty for the title.

7 hours ago, pie n beans said:

Kelty going up is not a given, Lothian Thistle will have a massive say as they have done it before but only their ground stops them going higher to the LL or they would have been their already, LT have beaten Kelty the last two times they have played them, Kelty have a big lead in the EOS league over LT who have lots of games in hand but it will go down to these two games against each other and it would be a disaster for Kelty not to go straight up as I really hope they do.

Kelty  are making massive efforts to develop on and off the park where LT have not, LT have made lots of money over the past three seasons and could easily have developed their ground but choose not to.

So for me Kelty are planning for the future wher LT are not, I hope I am wrong but I think LT will pip Kelty for the title.

Are LTHV not stymied by planning permission etc?

7 hours ago, pie n beans said:

LTHV are planning upgrades to Saughton - they've got permission for a covered enclosure, toilets, changing rooms etc to get the ground up to standard. 

LL has been their aim but it's not a straightforward arrangement with Edinburgh Leisure on lease / ownership.

And they currently groundshare with Tynecastle (I dont understand why the  council put the 3G out the back and not in the enclosure!)

On the youth playing side Hutchie Vale have long been one of the top clubs in the country for promoting kids to pro clubs.

8 hours ago, kefc said:

The investment in the facilities is for the benefit of a Community and a strong growing Community Club. The Club has no debts whatsoever and never will have. If we can generate funds to improve the facilities that will better everyone in the village for 100 plus years and make the Football Club financially stronger, where’s the problem?

The investment in the new facilities will pay for themselves, our current Social Club and Sports Bar that we built years ago prove this, it clearly works but we have now outgrown them.  All our efforts and investment will make us even stronger and will pay for itself in time, bigger Social Club open to all on Matchday and for functions at weekends every week, Bigger Hospitality Sports Bar, SFA Membership, Prize Money. In just 4 months of moving associations we are minimum £20k better off each year just for being Licenced. Linlithgow have this start on other clubs  also.

Have we got a massive fan base yet? NO Are we on the right tracks and improving? YES. Remember It’s not just every 2nd Saturday afternoon like most clubs where we generate money, it’s 2/3 days every week. This is where we have the advantage over most other clubs.

This level of investment obviously is far from the norm at this level and might be hard to understand for some but our committee have a wealth of business and football knowledge and are working to a detailed business model that works and has worked on and off the pitch for the last 3 years in the SJFA with no financial help from the association. We now have a to be bettered model in an association where your rewarded for your efforts on and off the pitch, it’s quite a nice thought to know there is rewards out there for the hard work we all put in.

The Gaffer and the players aren’t half doing an excellent job on the pitch too and have done the last few years which also helps massively.

I always admire your posts and ambition that you are showing.

Fan base/participation  for me should be the key driver on this.   If people  don't buy into this  will the journey have been a waste of time?

The SFL is  full of clubs playing in front of a handful of fans surviving on hand outs - do such clubs really add value or are they more of a hinderance by diluting an already limited pot.

Kelty left just as they became a competitor

We will see if it happens at LT, i was involved with HV yrs ago and they were planning a wee ground then and that was a go 10 yrs ago but still ground sharing now, tyni are not the only team using it, it gets hammered on a Sunday by so many teams both male and female.

Your right about the 4G astro, the only way forward is to make it 4G on the main pitch and get their youth teams using it so they have a base instead of being all over Edinburgh.

Any club that can afford to get a SFA Club License without bankrupting themselves should, especially those in the North & West Junior Regions. If you don't want to be in the pyramid fine, you've got plenty of quirks with the likes of Banks O'Dee, Golspie Sutherland, Girvan, Glasgow University and Linlithgow Rose. You could could well be the next one.

The Highland League is blocked unless you try to force their hand. The SoS is now running with 15 teams what happens if two more clubs from the West of Scotland decide to join up?

I'd like to see Clydebank go for it as talked about, partly because what's to stop Yoker Athletic getting a License at the same time. The pyramid we have now is getting to a breaking point, if you've got a license you've got a say in what comes next.