Isabel Goudie

Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

Why do we have a thread on Pie and Bovril Juniors for a team that no longer play Junior. Are they trying to convince everybody else they took the right road. Time will tell. Why not go to another thread rather than the Junior threads.

4 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

Why do we have a thread on Pie and Bovril Juniors for a team that no longer play Junior. Are they trying to convince everybody else they took the right road. Time will tell. Why not go to another thread rather than the Junior threads.

It was started by a Talbot fan ffs.

10 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

Because Isa Goudie was daft enough to start one?

Edited by gogsy

Fine but why talk about another league on Pie and Bovril Juniors. That's me said my bit. Won't waste anybody else's time or my own.

It's terrific how much annoyance Kelty getting mentioned causes some folk and it should be encouraged at every opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

Fine but why talk about another league on Pie and Bovril Juniors. That's me said my bit. Won't waste anybody else's time or my own.

^^ Bravehearts dad dad  found

27 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

For me, there is a direct interest in how they manage this year.  My own club have shown interest in going down the same route in the near future and we wont be the only ones.

Some of us consider Kelty as 'trailblazers' and so ignoring them or not seeing the link is really narrow-minded.

Purely my own opinion but I feel that the resentment of their being on a junior thread is borne out of jealousy.

21 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

No doubting their ambitions - but this seems to be outstripping the reality of their situation. 

Their fan base hasn't bought into this to the same levels.   A crowd of 240 less 70 who according to reports were as much there for the hospitality as the game = 170 - 30 away supporters and you have a home gate around 140 locals. 

Kelty have made fantastic advances on and off the park - but if the locals don't come out and support this then your investment is somewhat devalued.

(No offence meant - just my view/concerns)

A crowd of 240 for the East Of Scotland is good, We cant boast the crowds of Linlithgow, Boness, Auchinleck etc but im 100% certain we would have the biggest average spend per fan on a matchday. Our average spend per supporter is £17.50 per match, entry, programme, snack bar, few pints before and after the game. Every penny of that £17.50 goes straight to the football club.

Couple that with Hospitality,  SFA Membership, Cup Prize Money, Sponsorship, Beat The Goalie Sales,  Its a real strong business model that works and its proven. Season ticket sales are up 20% since our move to the EOS. Im sure it will be up again in the Lowland League  if we were lucky enough to go even higher.

Edited by kefc

58 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I think the walls nearest to the dug outs are too high and block out a lot of the view if you are standing back. I think if it had been one long covered terrace without the gap in the middle for the dug outs the sight lines would have been better.

Would it be worth considering moving the dug outs to the other side when the new stand is built and eventually making the Social Club side one long covered terrace.

Not a criticism just an observation by someone who attends a few games at NCP.

We shall have news out soon on this  but there is plans for  a new grandstand (like Sauchie. Linlithgow) incorporating new Dressing Rooms with tunnel onto the pitch in between dugouts, New Hospitality Sports Bar, Community Cafe  and an extended Social Club  going in between the 2 enclosures. We are waiting on a couple of developments and conformations before we publicly announce the details of this.

Edited by kefc

1 minute ago, kefc said:

We shall have news out soon on this  but there is plans for  a new grandstand (like Sauchie. Linlithgow) incorporating new Dressing Rooms with tunnel onto the pitch in between dugouts, New Hospitality Sports Bar and extended Social Club  going in between the 2 enclosures. We are waiting on a couple of developments and conformations before we publicly announce the details of this.

Sounds good always thought that you would eventually put something there in the long term seems a "wasted" space. Just need to get rid of that bloody wind up there now:lol: already dreading the thought of getting frozen at the 20s game on Wednesday:lol:

9 minutes ago, kefc said:

We shall have news out soon on this  but there is plans for  a new grandstand (like Sauchie. Linlithgow) incorporating new Dressing Rooms with tunnel onto the pitch in between dugouts, New Hospitality Sports Bar and extended Social Club  going in between the 2 enclosures. We are waiting on a couple of developments and conformations before we publicly announce the details of this.

Club has come a long way since the original dressing rooms.:)

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Put it this way a ref and 2 linseman would have no chance getting changed i remember the words "King Billy" being carved on the wooden posts at the front, turns out it was Billy Martin who done that in his youth :lol: 

For me, there is a direct interest in how they manage this year.  My own club have shown interest in going down the same route in the near future and we wont be the only ones.
Some of us consider Kelty as 'trailblazers' and so ignoring them or not seeing the link is really narrow-minded.
Purely my own opinion but I feel that the resentment of their being on a junior thread is borne out of jealousy.

Do you think Bo'ness will go for it?

We shall have news out soon on this  but there is plans for  a new grandstand (like Sauchie. Linlithgow) incorporating new Dressing Rooms with tunnel onto the pitch in between dugouts, New Hospitality Sports Bar, Community Cafe  and an extended Social Club  going in between the 2 enclosures. We are waiting on a couple of developments and conformations before we publicly announce the details of this.

Sounds good and exciting times ahead for kelty to be honest , they seem to have an excellent structure off the park and quite often if you have that then success will follow off the park.

Sounds good and exciting times ahead for kelty to be honest , they seem to have an excellent structure off the park and quite often if you have that then success will follow on the park.

A crowd of 240 for the East Of Scotland is good, We cant boast the crowds of Linlithgow, Boness, Auchinleck etc but im 100% certain we would have the biggest average spend per fan on a matchday. Our average spend per supporter is £17.50 per match, entry, programme, snack bar, few pints before and after the game. Every penny of that £17.50 goes straight to the football club.
Couple that with Hospitality,  SFA Membership, Cup Prize Money, Sponsorship, Beat The Goalie Sales,  Its a real strong business model that works and its proven. Season ticket sales are up 20% since our move to the EOS. Im sure it will be up again in the Lowland League and if we were lucky enough to go even higher.

I'm an old cynic and belief that the juniors serve a real purpose of providing football for smaller local communities. Economies of scale and all that

Have never bought into the Kelty game plan. Please don't take that as criticism as your excellent post suggests I'm wrong.

But at some point there must be a danger where growth outstrips your situation and you become another small fish drowning in a pond that's to big. In years to come you will have to impact other Fife teams to increase fan base etc

Kelty could have been a real junior force if you stayed. Only time will tell if that potential can be a success as you progress

55 minutes ago, kefc said:

It is clear that Kelty are well run and very hard working. However what you describe is serious money. We’re not talking tens of thousands, way beyond that. Good luck to you but despite the clubs endevour, on the face of it something just isn’t adding up looking at it as an entity. Perhaps when the “developments” are announced it will make sense. I am very curious to see how this will be paid for. 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

That was before my time of watching a game at Kelty! Can just remember the current pavilion.

It is clear that Kelty are well run and very hard working. However what you describe is serious money. We’re not talking tens of thousands, way beyond that. Good luck to you but despite the clubs endevour, on the face of it something just isn’t adding up looking at it as an entity. Perhaps when the “developments” are announced it will make sense. I am very curious to see how this will be paid for. 

Automatic Scottish cup entry every single year now for kelty , just takes them to strike it reasonably lucky a few times with the draw and to progress into the 4th / 5th round and draw one of the old firm or a hearts or hibs away from home , maybe some live TV footage money chucked in there , all the money that they accrue from each round on top of a real biggy and you could be talking about a tidy 6 figure sum which would lend a big hand in their stadium improvements , pretty much the Talbot way in which they tend to put the cash ( tynecastle money) back into ground improvements - which is to be commended , kelty will make more money out their constant senior Scottish cup involvements than they would if they had won the scottish junior cup .

This season is probably a mundane write off for them in the EOS on their way to the LL and when they get there it's going to be well worth watching .