Jump to content
Isabel Goudie

Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

There was no more than 150 present which was a disappointing crowd. I find myself asking what will Kelty's future be?

 

2 hours ago, kefc said:

The crowd yesterday was 240 including 70 in for hospitality

 

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I never saw any away fans and the home support was fairly low in numbers

 

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

You weren't looking very far then because there were about 20 -30 there and they were conspicuous by the fact they were wearing blue.


It seems IG's famous calculator works the other way around for senior matches. Unusual phenomenon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



It could be that the Scottish cup would turn into a much glorified west of Scotland cup if the top east teams leave in abundance , the north region add very little to the Scottish cup , the east without boness , linlithgow , kelty and a few other big guns like bonyrigg & newtongrange for example would leave it as a total west domination , would be amazing to win still but the whole point of the Scottish cup should be beating the very best in all regions .



Kinda like that already even with East and North teams in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems IG's famous calculator works the other way around for senior matches. Unusual phenomenon.


To be fair on IG was only 20 fans out. He didn't go into the clubhouse to add the extra 70 who showed up to not watch the game.

Turnstile ticket sales are always correct "cough cough"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gogsy said:

Two gates of 900+ last season in the Scottish cup, loads of space in the ground. Add 300+ seater stand for next season , plenty of room to develop terracing at the dressing room end goals as well if needed.

Gogsy, last season when visiting with Bo'ness, I was impressed by the changes that had taken place.  Only problem was the available view over on the social club side.  The builders probably didn't think but the available view from the back of the said enclosure was poor as it cut out  a large section of the pitch.

Any plans to rectify?  I appreciate that for most games there is plenty room but just a wee flaw in the grand scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought i'd ask this here since it was kind of brought up. When was the last time a team from the North Region came close to winning the Junior Scottish Cup? From a quick scan of the results the last time anyone made a final were Banks O'Dee in 1956-1957.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Gogsy, last season when visiting with Bo'ness, I was impressed by the changes that had taken place.  Only problem was the available view over on the social club side.  The builders probably didn't think but the available view from the back of the said enclosure was poor as it cut out  a large section of the pitch.

Any plans to rectify?  I appreciate that for most games there is plenty room but just a wee flaw in the grand scheme.

Your right on this, the builders went overkill due to the massive gusts that can get up on that side, We have had dugouts and a previous stand come right out there founds in the past.

We are looking at a way to reduce the number of pillars and possibly making them smaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Thought i'd ask this here since it was kind of brought up. When was the last time a team from the North Region came close to winning the Junior Scottish Cup? From a quick scan of the results the last time anyone made a final were Banks O'Dee in 1956-1957.

I can't remember a quarter finalist from the North in the last 20 years or so, although I'm sure there will have been a couple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kefc said:

Hope you enjoyed your visit btw on a bitterly cold afternoon. There’s a new seated stand going in where the old enclosure is on the school side in May.

Wow, that's some investment, having been involved with the construction of Talbot's 500 seat stand I have an idea how much money this will take, especially from new. This will make the stadium better, obviously. Smashing set up it will be, you must be chuffed to bits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Wow, that's some investment, having been involved with the construction of Talbot's 500 seat stand I have an idea how much money this will take, especially from new. This will make the stadium better, obviously. Smashing set up it will be, you must be chuffed to bits?

No doubting their ambitions - but this seems to be outstripping the reality of their situation. 

Their fan base hasn't bought into this to the same levels.   A crowd of 240 less 70 who according to reports were as much there for the hospitality as the game = 170 - 30 away supporters and you have a home gate around 140 locals. 

Kelty have made fantastic advances on and off the park - but if the locals don't come out and support this then your investment is somewhat devalued.

(No offence meant - just my view/concerns)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

No doubting their ambitions - but this seems to be outstripping the reality of their situation. 

Their fan base hasn't bought into this to the same levels.   A crowd of 240 less 70 who according to reports were as much there for the hospitality as the game = 170 - 30 away supporters and you have a home gate around 140 locals. 

Kelty have made fantastic advances on and off the park - but if the locals don't come out and support this then your investment is somewhat devalued.

(No offence meant - just my view/concerns)

 

 

I would imagine much greater away support would be seen in the LL.  On the visits of some of the larger teams from the LL and the ties against LVHT crowds were far bigger than the one this weekend (both home and away fans).  It's a sensible argument/point being made but I really feel the better Kelty do the larger the crowds will become.

To add also I have been at a few Tuesday night games (including friendlies) where there were what looked like going on 100 which given the weather etc is great!

Edited by leomessi1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

I am still here guys, thanks for your concern. All I have to say is take this thread to the very popular EoS pages. Sure there will be more interest there than contamination of The Junior Football pages.

There he is though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

I would imagine much greater away support would be seen in the LL.  On the visits of some of the larger teams from the LL and the ties against LVHT crowds were far bigger than the one this weekend (both home and away fans).  It's a sensible argument/point being made but I really feel the better Kelty do the larger the crowds will become.

To add also I have been at a few Tuesday night games (including friendlies) where there were what looked like going on 100 which given the weather etc is great!

Interesting, who in the LL carries a big support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Yes my Beith chum, this is true there is actually no such facility in the west. Any type of proposal will no doubt involve the SOS which would no doubt result in an even more low key product than I witnessed yesterday. There was no real excitement or passion that we are so accustomed to in the West Juniors. The announcer tried to wind it up a bit but it was rather bizarre. I never saw any away fans and the home support was fairly low in numbers and atmosphere. My point being, even if there were a West equivalent it wouldn't get anyone from the juniors exited. I just wonder where Kelty will be in five years?

Great post.  Come back in five years and give us an update ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where will Kelty be in 5 years, at a rough guess at worst they'll be one league below the SPFL and have automatic entry into the Scottish Cup every season.

A total pisser for them. Meanwhile the West Juniors will be playing to ever dwindling crowds in ever more crumbling stadiums and wondering why the rest of Scottish football isn't still dreaming to a return of the halcyon days of the 1950s.

At a rough guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Interesting, who in the LL carries a big support?

Was pleasantly surprised by the crowd for the recent friendly with Whitehall Welfare (hard to say how many were away fans right enough).

Attending the away cup game against Spartans was an eye opener.  Going on 70/80 Kelty fans there and several hundred Spartans fans on a cold and wet night midweek.  Would imagine they could bring  100+ to an away game no problem at all.  Gretna have a good wee following also from any games I have been at although they have not yet been to NCP.

A Kelty vs Spartans game in the future in the LL could well attract 400+ for me.  Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason King said:

Where will Kelty be in 5 years, at a rough guess at worst they'll be one league below the SPFL and have automatic entry into the Scottish Cup every season.

A total pisser for them. Meanwhile the West Juniors will be playing to ever dwindling crowds in ever more crumbling stadiums and wondering why the rest of Scottish football isn't still dreaming to a return of the halcyon days of the 1950s.

At a rough guess.

At worst? You got to love an optimist! Incidentally, a lot of stadiums in the West Juniors are anything but crumbling, some have had plenty of investment and are first class. The Trouble for the West is that at present what is on offer is not anywhere near attractive enough to tempt clubs away. The geographical issue with the SOS league together with the standard of it renders this option obsolete fore them. Games between the big names, nearly all games in the top division, attract much larger crowds than what has been mentioned  in EOS and LL. Moving simply not an option at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

At worst? You got to love an optimist! Incidentally, a lot of stadiums in the West Juniors are anything but crumbling, some have had plenty of investment and are first class. The Trouble for the West is that at present what is on offer is not anywhere near attractive enough to tempt clubs away. The geographical issue with the SOS league together with the standard of it renders this option obsolete fore them. Games between the big names, nearly all games in the top division, attract much larger crowds than what has been mentioned  in EOS and LL. Moving simply not an option at the moment.

The EOS league has got to be viewed as a stepping stone for larger clubs (no disrespect intended).  If you had the likes of say Boness, Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg then added a few big West teams to the LL you would soon see what was on offer being good enough.  Fans will travel for good games, which, having attended several Kelty away games where we have dished out hammerings, is not always the case at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Wow, that's some investment, having been involved with the construction of Talbot's 500 seat stand I have an idea how much money this will take, especially from new. This will make the stadium better, obviously. Smashing set up it will be, you must be chuffed to bits?

Yeah its pleasing, lot of hard work from everyone involved all just trying to be the best we can on and off the pitch for the benefit of the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kefc said:

Your right on this, the builders went overkill due to the massive gusts that can get up on that side, We have had dugouts and a previous stand come right out there founds in the past.

We are looking at a way to reduce the number of pillars and possibly making them smaller.

I think the walls nearest to the dug outs are too high and block out a lot of the view if you are standing back. I think if it had been one long covered terrace without the gap in the middle for the dug outs the sight lines would have been better.

Would it be worth considering moving the dug outs to the other side when the new stand is built and eventually making the Social Club side one long covered terrace.

Not a criticism just an observation by someone who attends a few games at NCP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×