Isabel Goudie

Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

9 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Well can't blame them for that, it was absolutely Baltic! 

Hope you enjoyed your visit btw on a bitterly cold afternoon. There’s a new seated stand going in where the old enclosure is on the school side in May.

It’d be great if a West Of Scotland League was to be formed alongside East and South, seems a sensible decision to have 1. That would really get the pyramid going.

Obviously got problems with your eyes then, if you think a 1000+ crowd would make it difficult for you to see as well.

Only been to the new Kelty set up once and I found that I had to move about quite a bit in the covered enclosure to follow the game. Blooming pillars are too many and too thick.

Yes, they have already said they will, might be next season, might be season after, but they will.

One thing for sure is that when kelty aren't around anymore and possibly losing boness and if so then linlithgow might follow is that it can make winning the Scottish a little bit easier as that would be three clubs you obviously would want to avoid in the Scottish , three big big forces and it would open up even further west domination in the Scottish cup.

1 minute ago, theshed said:

One thing for sure is that when kelty aren't around anymore and possibly losing boness and if so then linlithgow might follow is that it can make winning the Scottish a little bit easier as that would be three clubs you obviously would want to avoid in the Scottish , three big big forces and it would open up even further west domination in the Scottish cup.

If you lost the biggest 3 or 4 clubs in the East it would be the beginning of the end of Junior football as a separate entity.  Maybe the SJFA are waking up to the fact given they have formed a "working group" regarding the Pyramid.   Anyway, this discussion should probably be in the Future of Junior Football thread otherwise we'll have two on the go.

Good topic this, I am sure when bravehearts dad comes online he'll give it his seal  of approval.:)

If you lost the biggest 3 or 4 clubs in the East it would be the beginning of the end of Junior football as a separate entity.  Maybe the SJFA are waking up to the fact given they have formed a "working group" regarding the Pyramid.   Anyway, this discussion should probably be in the Future of Junior Football thread otherwise we'll have two on the go.

If one big ayrshire club takes the plunge I predict another two or three would follow and that along with two or three east teams doing the same would chuck a big spanner in the works .

When we were LL I  used to get het up with Isobel Goudie's occasional posts slagging the LL.

Then we won promotion to the Scottish League...

Stick with the Juniors, Talbot, for God's Sake stick with the Juniors! :unsure::lol:

If the bigger East sides jump ship the others will surely follow over time and the Juniors will becomes a weird wee regional anomaly with little interest outside the WOS. 

I would strongly hope the teams in the West are preparing for this in some positive way as obsolescence beckons. 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Kelty weren't in the juniors that long compared to other clubs though , although they didn't win the cup they did manage to get to two finals in recent years, that's more that the other so called big East  clubs like Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg Rose have done in the last 30+ years.

Interesting that they left the Juniors without ever winning the Fife & Lothians Cup either.  Not a dig, just an observation.

Just now, Jambo'ness said:

Interesting that they left the Juniors without ever winning the Fife & Lothians Cup either.  Not a dig, just an observation.

Record in Fife/Lothians  cup was very poor , even the better Kelty teams failed to make much of an impact.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Obviously got problems with your eyes then, if you think a 1000+ crowd would make it difficult for you to see as well.

As I said, it is a great wee set up, but in my humble opinion a four figure attendance would be problematic for some to see. Only my opinion, it won't be problem unless you get a big name in the Scottish. 

If the bigger East sides jump ship the others will surely follow over time and the Juniors will becomes a weird wee regional anomaly with little interest outside the WOS. 
I would strongly hope the teams in the West are preparing for this in some positive way as obsolescence beckons. 

It could be that the Scottish cup would turn into a much glorified west of Scotland cup if the top east teams leave in abundance , the north region add very little to the Scottish cup , the east without boness , linlithgow , kelty and a few other big guns like bonyrigg & newtongrange for example would leave it as a total west domination , would be amazing to win still but the whole point of the Scottish cup should be beating the very best in all regions .

4 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

As I said, it is a great wee set up, but in my humble opinion a four figure attendance would be problematic for some to see. Only my opinion, it won't be problem unless you get a big name in the Scottish. 

Two gates of 900+ last season in the Scottish cup, loads of space in the ground. Add 300+ seater stand for next season , plenty of room to develop terracing at the dressing room end goals as well if needed.

Edited by gogsy

12 minutes ago, theshed said:

It could be that the Scottish cup would turn into a much glorified west of Scotland cup if the top east teams leave in abundance , the north region add very little to the Scottish cup , the east without boness , linlithgow , kelty and a few other big guns like bonyrigg & newtongrange for example would leave it as a total west domination , would be amazing to win still but the whole point of the Scottish cup should be beating the very best in all regions .

Agreed, it would be hard to treat it as a true National tournament which would be a real shame. 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Good topic this, I am sure when bravehearts dad comes online he'll give it his seal  of approval.:)

I am still here guys, thanks for your concern. All I have to say is take this thread to the very popular EoS pages. Sure there will be more interest there than contamination of The Junior Football pages.

3 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

I am still here guys, thanks for your concern. All I have to say is take this thread to the very popular EoS pages. Sure there will be more interest there than contamination of The Junior Football pages.

More posts on this thread, than in  the last three months on the Bonnyrigg Rose one.:thumsup2

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

More posts on this thread, than in  the last three months on the Bonnyrigg Rose one.:thumsup2

Concern was raised as to my thoughts so I have courteously replied. I am Happy with the way things are going with the Big Rose so there is no need to post on their thread, if I have anything to say about my club I shall post it on the appropriate thread in the Junior Football forum.

1 minute ago, bravehearts dad said:

Concern was raised as to my thoughts so I have courteously replied. I am Happy with the way things are going with the Big Rose so there is no need to post on their thread, if I have anything to say about my club I shall post it on the appropriate thread in the Junior Football forum.

One of the seven dwarfs comes to mind, not Happy though.