Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Nonsense why should clubs like ww spend fortunes to then allow clubs in wi absolutely nae criteria? 

A precedent was set, now clubs have to get there on them terms even if it means slashing the players budget which others have indicated on this thread? 

I get the point you are making but....what have Cumbernauld Colts, Edusport, BSC Glasgow, Stirling Uni spent on their grounds to achieve a license?

That is why there probably needs to be a more measured, sensible approach to integrating Juniors into the leagues

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I get the point you are making but....what have Cumbernauld Colts, Edusport, BSC Glasgow, Stirling Uni spent on their grounds to achieve a license?

That is why there probably needs to be a more measured, sensible approach to integrating Juniors into the leagues

They took the risk to join the league, EduSport and BSC Glasgow started from a position worse off than every single Junior club and yet have got into the LL. Every single Junior club south of the Tay could have done exactly the same - that's not the fault of EduSport or BSC.

We're back at the junior league being afraid of change. We need more Kelty Hearts rather than scardey cats.

17 minutes ago, Jason King said:

They took the risk to join the league, EduSport and BSC Glasgow started from a position worse off than every single Junior club and yet have got into the LL. Every single Junior club south of the Tay could have done exactly the same - that's not the fault of EduSport or BSC.

We're back at the junior league being afraid of change. We need more Kelty Hearts rather than scardey cats.

Sorry, but what risk was involved in either of those cases exactly? A startup team can by their very nature afford to take more risks than an established one, as they have literally nothing to lose. There's no existential risk involved whatsoever for a team created out of thin air.

Getting  the ground up to scratch? Immaterial, given both sides' strategy of  glomming onto pre-existing facilities of other clubs for the foreseeable with no capital investment needed.

Will the fanbase accept it? Ummm...

And so on.

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Yer just no getting it, the grace period and LL  was there from the start for ALL/ANY clubs to apply. Clubs have SPENT money to get where they are today. 

Scared of junior clubs joining I've said from the start can't wait for yer Bonnyrigg s, Penicuik s,  Nitten s et al to be playing competitively ww week in week oot :lol:

Bonnyrigg have withdrawn  from friendlies once or twice against ww in the past if it recall :P

Defo not scared of the prospect bring it on!!! :thumsup2

Entrenched positions won’t get us to where everyone wants to be, compromises have to be made on both sides if you want to see WW playing these clubs.  The point I have been making is that allowing clubs into a revamped Lowland League set-up with a 12-18 month grace period for licencing doesn’t hurt anyone, they will bring a lot more to the table than is outweighed by a piece of paper.

The point re BSC is an excellent one, they are only licenced because they are in the ridiculous position of shifting games to Alloa, same with Edusport at Annan, same with Stirling University at Falkirk, none have a compliant home ground but no problems with that it seems, but if you want a period of time to get your own ground licenced whilst playing in the league, that’s a big no no.  Bonnyrigg, Penicuik, Bo’ness whoever, already host bigger crowds than you find in the Lowland League (Stirling v Spartans on Friday, 70 in attendance I believe). Put tribal nonsense aside and get talking about how to bring the two sides together with no pre-conditions.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Sorry, but what risk was involved in either of those cases exactly? A startup team can by their very nature afford to take more risks than an established one, as they have literally nothing to lose. There's no existential risk involved whatsoever for a team created out of thin air.

Getting  the ground up to scratch? Immaterial, given both sides' strategy of  glomming onto pre-existing facilities of other clubs for the foreseeable with no capital investment needed.

Will the fanbase accept it? Ummm...

And so on.

Great point.

Entrenched positions won’t get us to where everyone wants to be, compromises have to be made on both sides if you want to see WW playing these clubs.  The point I have been making is that allowing clubs into a revamped Lowland League set-up with a 12-18 month grace period for licencing doesn’t hurt anyone, they will bring a lot more to the table than is outweighed by a piece of paper.
The point re BSC is an excellent one, they are only licenced because they are in the ridiculous position of shifting games to Alloa, same with Edusport at Annan, same with Stirling University at Falkirk, none have a compliant home ground but no problems with that it seems, but if you want a period of time to get your own ground licenced whilst playing in the league, that’s a big no no.  Bonnyrigg, Penicuik, Bo’ness whoever, already host bigger crowds than you find in the Lowland League (Stirling v Spartans on Friday, 70 in attendance I believe). Put tribal nonsense aside and get talking about how to bring the two sides together with no pre-conditions.

All those clubs have compliant home grounds!

Licencing is there for a reason, it's a pre - requisite of entry, not something to be worked out once you are in.

The grace period was before promotion and relegation had started, should we remove these too?

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Licencing is there for a reason, it's a pre - requisite of entry, not something to be worked out once you are in.

The grace period was before promotion and relegation had started, should we remove these too?

A couple in this thread probably would if it would allow the Juniors to bypass the current set-up.

Declining crowds, crumbling grounds but hey lets keep that as its "Junior" instead of trying to improve our lot in the senior game. Its a sad state of affairs that certain people are so afraid of change.

18 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Crowds don't win games bud, again I've stated for a long time now as long as these clubs can afford it financially then there's no problem. I get these clubs had nothing to lose at the time but these clubs imo are getting stronger whereas clubs from another associate  are looking on with interest. Good on them I say and as the title of the thread is aboot Kelty good luck to them in their quest,  they gave gone the correct way aboot it whether you like it or not. 

The LL is no gonnae give anyone grace periods now and rightly so considering the clubs have spent fortunes already to meet the standards. Why should they? 

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

They rent them, in some cases miles away from where they are supposed to be from.   In the interests of sorting out the shambles that is fitba in this country, introducing a grace period should be the least of our worries, the precedent is there, but the tribalism on both sides of this means that we might never get there.

Just now, newcastle broon said:

Crowds don't win games bud, again I've stated for a long time now as long as these clubs can afford it financially then there's no problem. I get these clubs had nothing to lose at the time but these clubs imo are getting stronger whereas clubs from another associate  are looking on with interest. Good on them I say and as the title of the thread is aboot Kelty good luck to them in their quest,  they gave gone the correct way aboot it whether you like it or not. 

The LL is no gonnae give anyone grace periods now and rightly so considering the clubs have spent fortunes already to meet the standards. Why should they? 

The LL is no gonnae give anyone................

The SJFA are no gonnae concede anything............

See the proboem we have here...........

1 minute ago, Goalie Hamish said:

They rent them, in some cases miles away from where they are supposed to be from.   In the interests of sorting out the shambles that is fitba in this country, introducing a grace period should be the least of our worries, the precedent is there, but the tribalism on both sides of this means that we might never get there.

Outwith the junior super league the crowds are hardly massive there either. It's the same old argument going round in circles. Good luck to Kelty they are moving in the right direction. 

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Credibility? Think the majority see it as a mockery that you bought your licence as opposed to doing it the right way.

2K well spent imo.but loads more spent on bringing the ground up to standard.new toilet block.disabled toilet.new covering in the new year for disabled customers.65k or there abouts for new league standard floodlights.the list goes on.no bad for the wee rose eh.hows the flaking paint second hand huts coming along at boness.

Just now, newcastle broon said:

Outwith the junior super league the crowds are hardly massive there either. It's the same old argument going round in circles. Good luck to Kelty they are moving in the right direction. 

From what I have seen - albeit no many games - crowds at Junior games outwith the Superleagues are bigger than what you get at many lowland league games.

1 minute ago, Goalie Hamish said:

From what I have seen - albeit no many games - crowds at Junior games outwith the Superleagues are bigger than what you get at many lowland league games.

It's no aboot crowds tho Hamish yer argument was criteria on the park and the LL clubs have done it as again back to the topic Kelty have done. 

Archived