Isabel Goudie

Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

Thought this was a junior forum it's gone on to long. There's other places on Pie and Bovril for these issues.

2 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

Thought this was a junior forum it's gone on to long. There's other places on Pie and Bovril for these issues.

Its a junior forum, thread will go on as long as people keep posting. ;)

On the restructuring thread there is mention of Clydebank possibly applying for the EOS league at some point in the future. Are there geographical barriers preventing clubs from doing such a thing or can clubs simply apply for where they want to go at this level?

9 hours ago, energyzone said:

On the restructuring thread there is mention of Clydebank possibly applying for the EOS league at some point in the future. Are there geographical barriers preventing clubs from doing such a thing or can clubs simply apply for where they want to go at this level?

Gretna 2008 joined the East of Scotland rather than South of Scotland League, though the latter might have rejected them? East Kilbride belong to the EoS FA and enter their cups. The other Glasgow area sides in LL don't though. 

Bottom line is that tiers 5 and 6 are inconsistent and incomplete in many ways.

18 hours ago, Ringford10 said:

Plenty of junior clubs posters posting on here though eh! :P

7 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Gretna 2008 joined the East of Scotland rather than South of Scotland League, though the latter might have rejected them?

Vaguely remember that they got knocked back by the SoS so had to go to the EoS instead, but in the not so distant past the EoS league had teams as far west as Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers in D&G terms, so there doesn't seem to have been a fixed boundary.

44 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Vaguely remember that they got knocked back by the SoS so had to go to the EoS instead, but in the not so distant past the EoS league had teams as far west as Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers in D&G terms, so there doesn't seem to have been a fixed boundary.

I think in those days it was all about a higher standard of play as well - Annan were only in the South (and south alone) for a short period of time (70s-80s?) and the EoS were happy to have the three exiles.

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:10, gogsy said:

Toooo lonnnndgggggggggggggg didn't readddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. (Still gave it a red dot though)

And did you notice the two levels that were up in from the top goals round to the enclosure on the school side  because they haven't magically appeared in the last five years, they've always been there ya muppet.

Given the hugely impressive developments at Kelty in recent years,  it is clear that  there are some upwardly mobile, forward thinking, shrewd individuals operating at the club. On perusing this post, I take it you're not one of them gogsy?

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:32, Ringford10 said:

Like any intelligent conversation, it has evolved.  If people didn't want to answer a point they are not forced to post.

40 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Like any intelligent conversation, it has evolved.  If people didn't want to answer a point they are not forced to post.

Yes, surely people can't think that we, the Junior Grade, are completely autonomous and have no relation to other grades. Quite the opposite I would suggest. Kelty's "plunge" is of interest to us all. The one thing that is for sure, our grade won't stay the same and any alternative has to be discussed.

There seems to be a, thankfully, dwindling few who see the Junior game through blinkers.  They don't want any change, believing that they are in a utopia that is eternal.  These people should look at the history of the Junior game and see how it is littered with clubs that have disappeared, some who could not make the changes needed to survive.

I certainly don't want to wait until every other club makes its mind up on what to do.  I want my club to be at the forefront of change and so keeping a watch on the Kelty experience  might just move things on a little faster.

11 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

There seems to be a, thankfully, dwindling few who see the Junior game through blinkers.  They don't want any change, believing that they are in a utopia that is eternal.  These people should look at the history of the Junior game and see how it is littered with clubs that have disappeared, some who could not make the changes needed to survive.

I certainly don't want to wait until every other club makes its mind up on what to do.  I want my club to be at the forefront of change and so keeping a watch on the Kelty experience  might just move things on a little faster.

Does that not conflict with your signature statement?

19 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Does that not conflict with your signature statement?

Not at all.  The club is what I support, not its status.  

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Not at all.  The club is what I support, not its status.  

But you say it’s the one constant but you want it to change. Just saying. It’s not that important really pal.

On 06/12/2017 at 19:32, Ringford10 said:

Just replying to concomitantly keep the thread on page one and annoy you.